CC is out of control

100 Night Elf Druid
What do we all think would happen if all loss-of-control effects were rendered unusable in pvp? Silences, interrupts, disarms, snares, they all still work but anything that makes it so you just cant do anything except maybe trinket, they all get removed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The problem isn't that CC exists. It's that so much CC exists.

At one point, you had to line up your control perfectly to get a kill. These days it doesn't matter. Oh, Bob overlapped Joe's Fear? No problem! They'll just be caught in two or three other errant CC's that are flying around.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I heard you like cc so we put cc in ur cc in ur cc while u ccd. Eat a sammich while ur ccd. Read a book while ccd. cradle a baby while ccd don't have a baby? Find a baby while ur ccd.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Good thing you trinketed that cc! I'm sure you won't need it for a whole other two minutes.
Reply Quote
There is a lot of CC these days.

But, THAT is what good PvP is all about - skillful use of tactical abilities.

If it wasn't for CC then PvP would be nothing more than a DPS/heals burn-race. And what would be the point of that?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

If it wasn't for CC then PvP would be nothing more than a DPS/heals burn-race. And what would be the point of that?

There is nothing skillful about chaining CC abilities that don't DR. Often times they overlap them horribly, as they're just smashing keys. Ever get Shockwaved with 1.5+ seconds left on your Warbringer stun? Bads spamming keys, but it is effective enough.

Quite a few of these stuns don't DR or cause DR. It also seems that DR in general is bugged. It's a huge problem.
Edited by Ekinar on 1/26/2013 2:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

There is nothing skillful about chaining CC abilities that don't DR. Often times they overlap them horribly, as they're just smashing keys. Ever get Shockwaved with 1.5+ seconds left on your Warbringer stun? Bads spamming keys, but it is effective enough.

Quite a few of these stuns don't DR or cause DR. It also seems that DR in general is bugged. It's a huge problem.

This isn't a personal attack against you, (and I have a lot of sympathy for the strong point you are making), but it's pretty rich reading a Monk complaining about "chaining CC".
Edited by Athôs on 1/26/2013 2:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I wish Rogues were still viable as stunlock class... now a lot of classes have 1-3 stuns... taking the uniqueness out of Rogues because they want every cry baby sissy class to get their stuns because of years of complaining about rogue stuns.. now they are all happy they all get stun... and the Rogue population has diminished and nobody wants them in RBGs... Im happy we get buffs in 5.2 but serious.. every class almost has freekin stuns and they shouldent.. If they got rid of everyone having stuns and just give to a couple classes they would let rogues back in the fights.. now its harder for rogues to gear up in pvp... takes longer.

but ya.. too many dang stuns for most all classes.. its stupid. instead of making every class unique like they were.. they are giving everyone the same basic abilities to make all the cry babies stop crying.

Make Rogues the stun class again Blizz... We need some love to join RBGs and everyone else needs the love of not worrying about every class Stunning/Fearing/sapping(lookin at you Monks/Pallys).

We know its Battle grounds.... but its turning into a First Person Shooter death match.. everyone gets the same core abilities to stun... kinda like..in some shooters, every class has a knockback to knock apponents into lava off bridges your just waiting for them to use it. if they miss the next guy comes along and knocks you off. .... its annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I love flattening bawls...

However!

As a player of a class practically built on cheap and dirty tactics like stunlocks, even *I'M* saying it's too much. I've BEEN saying it's too much. I'll CONTINUE to say it's too much. I miss needing skill and not just knowing when I go into an arena or BG whether or not I'm gonna get owned based on what I'm going up against because they have more stuns.

rogue being worried that the other team hasmore stuns than they do

wtf happened to this game?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Got to love be running like a headless chicken half of a bg :S, fears seems to never end, and diminishing returns dont even matter since by the time I am immune I am already on the GY, I think bliz went overboard with cc this expansion, for all classes, they really should tune it down
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't understand you people. Even you reduced number of cc-s into half, you would get endlessly cc-ed. When it's 10vs10 fight, if 10 focus only 1 enemy player, he is going to get it, and painfully. It's just instead of 10 people just damaging that 1 player, they damage him while he can't do nothing.

Theoretically, 10 vs 10 fights should always bring misery to the player who is being focused. It's the way pvp is meant to be.
Edited by Otherguylb on 1/26/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/08/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Lmcm
It's not that there's that much more CC in MoP, but with the addition of the alerts in 5.1, it makes you rage that much more because the center of your screen is constantly full of "STUNNED 6 SECONDS" "SILENCE 5 SECONDS" "KICKED IN THE BAWLS 10 YEARS"

??? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there is a lot more CC than there was in Cata.. Every class has 3+ now.. I alone can Mighty Bash, Instant cyclone, root, pounce, maim.. I might be forgetting one

oo and also i can fear / frost nova with my symb..
Edited by Shenord on 1/26/2013 5:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
CC is fine, nerf burst
Reply Quote
maybe
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
01/26/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Otherguylb
Theoretically, 10 vs 10 fights should always bring misery to the player who is being focused. It's the way pvp is meant to be.

Well that explains it then.

I'm a healer.

Also, I'm a gnome.

The two together makes me a target for everything bad out there. I don't know how many times in some big scrum when I have time to do a little DPS, I target a faraway enemy and I can see that they are targeting me - just waiting for their chance. It's like a cold I'm-coming-for-you stare.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Death Knight
I would really like someone to develop an addon that keeps track of how much time one spends CC'd in an arena match, BG, or for every engagement (i.e. time in combat)

I'd be willing to bet that in a relatively short match, as a healer, you'd be CC'd upwards of 50% of the match.

Even as a mage with blink, trinket, double iceblock, I still feel like I'm sitting in CC 75% of the time in an RBG, or I'm bursted to the ground in a global. The game just isn't fun.

And I feel dirty when I do it to other people as well. Killing someone entirely in CC isn't really outplaying them in the current state of the game.
I agree I would love to see how long you spend being unable to play the game and do you think maybe you could let the trinket work for a whole sec before we have another 5 cc's shoved up are asses
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]