CC is out of control

90 Human Warrior
I pvp'd in raid gear before any expansion and had fun. I pvp'd in BC in arena and battleground gear and had a lot of fun. I recently came back after 4 years hit 90 got some pvp gear and find it hardly even tolerable.

Class wise I came in just after they took out intercept even though other classes can fling me across the screen, stun, fear ect me forever. Overall though for every class it seems bad, I have not been back long enough to know all the spells and skills I was just anxious to get back into pvp now I am starting to regret coming back to this game. I did not regret coming back after BC was out for a while, pvp was fun.

With all of these new CC skills while it might make sense to chain cast them in PvE it makes PVP a nightmare. Some of the new CC skills I find absurdly OP, but regardless they ALL should at least be on same diminishing returns. Every CC skill for every class should be on diminishing returns for each other. If you get stunned then the root you get 2 seconds later should not last as long and then a fear right after should be over almost as soon as it hits you. At least that would make fora little more fighting and less time stuck in place

Right now especially as a Melee class trying to chase people I spend most of my time frozen in place. In vanilla Wow and BC before some of the funner things were dumb down tying to overcome effective but still LIMITED CCs and stance switching using intercept was FUN. Sometimes you lost sometimes you got close enough to win, but it took some ability and was fun and a challenge. It was the same for casters wisely using their CCs to keep away and do damage. To say that spamming an entire bar full of CC abilities is playing with skill is a bad joke.

A challenge and frustration ate two different things.
Reply Quote
Please reduce the cc's blizz, Might sound funny but i actually enjoy being able to control my character for more than 20 seconds out of every minute.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
CC is out of control. DR need to be reworked. Make all fears on same dr, this includes all lock, priest, warrior, hunter, etc. Same goes for rest of crowd control. Stuns share with other stuns no matter the class.

CC is fine, nerf burst.

CC is not fine but I do agree burst is a bit out of whack. With the combine lower burst and Better dr system pvp would be much more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
I just want to control my character. Cc is there to counter healers. Address the healing issue..then remove all cc. . . except characterist legacy abilities (i.e. priest psychic scream, warrior intimidating shout, warlock fear, rogue stuns) Death knights don't need aoe freeze..priests don't need 5 fears with disarm, warlocks don't need chaos bolt, monks don't need quaking palm (WTF were you thinking blizzard? ..idc they are a melee class...you added ANOTHER cc..not to mention ring of silence/disarm) hunters can keep silencing shot. mages can keep silence but it has to be cast against a cast or its wasted, remove blood elf racial silence, revert tauren war stomp to a longer cast time, remove the retarded added stuns pallies have..don't know their name, leave hammer of justice, shamans seem fine, i may have left some out.

TL:DR: fix healing, remove almost all cc. roll it back to TBC or vanilla. I'm not joking. And implement the queu for role. Your customers will be happy after the initial rage. You can always PTR it you know.

If you do NOTHING..which is most likely..then put all silences, fears, stuns, disarms, roots on DR..and up the timer. well this won't work if you don't change heals.
Edited by Dere on 4/6/2013 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I still entertain the frame of mind that CC should be globally reduced by a fair margin, then removed from hit tables and always guaranteed to connect (assuming it's used correctly).

Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a CC miss due to bad luck; the only reason I support a decent amount of the CC we have now is for backups. Remove CC from the hit / mitigation table, then reduce it all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I had gladiatorlos and their was one lock in the bg on the other team.

she kept yelling
fear
fear
fear
fear
fear
faer

like so many times i was like fk this im turnin this chick off lol
Reply Quote
As a player of a class practically built on cheap and dirty tactics like stunlocks, even *I'M* saying it's too much. I've BEEN saying it's too much. I'll CONTINUE to say it's too much

Even with a trinket or EMFH, 2 players can CC lock ANYONE until death.

You get a lock and a warrior together and you will be feared and stunned to death with zero chance of survival. You might as well go make some tea cuz you cant fight back.

The trouble with CC is the DR is too short. 8 sec fear to 4 sec to 2 sec them immune for 4 sec then right back to full fears is BEYOND stupid.

DR should be full then half then immune for 20 sec minimum.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Oh ya? I hope they add more CC
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I would really like someone to develop an addon that keeps track of how much time one spends CC'd in an arena match, BG, or for every engagement (i.e. time in combat)

I was thinking this today after hammering bgs for the last week or so. Alive time vs locked in CC. I heal in pvp on 3 chars (2 priests, 1 resto druid) and it's obviously 100x worse for healers but my gosh. Enough already.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Blizzard does not care about pvp enough to use the resources to take care of CC. Last year I payed money for the beta version of diablo 3 that a year later still doesn't have any real pvp. So I came back to WoW to find that I cannot even control my character 80% of the time in pvp.

Part of the problem is with every expansion they feel the need to add new skills, and too many of them are CC. However most people seem to be in it for raiding and whatever changes they make for raiding effect pvp and they do not care enough to take that into account. This game has made blizzard so rich they have plenty of resources to make a quality pvp experience that does not get broken with every patch and expansion, but it would cost them more than they would lose to people canceling over pvp alone.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Flásh
As a player of a class practically built on cheap and dirty tactics like stunlocks, even *I'M* saying it's too much. I've BEEN saying it's too much. I'll CONTINUE to say it's too much

Even with a trinket or EMFH, 2 players can CC lock ANYONE until death.

You get a lock and a warrior together and you will be feared and stunned to death with zero chance of survival. You might as well go make some tea cuz you cant fight back.

The trouble with CC is the DR is too short. 8 sec fear to 4 sec to 2 sec them immune for 4 sec then right back to full fears is BEYOND stupid.

DR should be full then half then immune for 20 sec minimum.

I've wondered this for years and why it never has gotten nerfed or looked at. 8 seconds anything is too much in PvP. Being feared for 8 seconds with no trinket is horrible. Then to be feared for another 4. Being rooted for 8 seconds also is retarded. All these 8 second CC need to be brought down to 6 or 5 seconds.

Fear is my biggest gripe in this game, especially that all priest, the second they get touched they fear and it knocks me out of stealth.
Edited by Passos on 4/7/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]