deleting threads all day

90 Night Elf Druid
Apparently someone is going around deleting threads for lols...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Read this: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Might help keep your threads alive.
Edited by Tumarax on 12/9/2012 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Read this: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

Might help keep your threads alive.

Actually I wouldn't say I made any violations. I remade a thread that was deleted because other people were harassing each other in it.

I'm tellin' you... it's just an angry mod or something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You can literally get any thread deleted for any reason, you just have to word it right. (It's how Wiredmana and someone else who no longer plays got so many people sent to the mountains/threads deleted)

It's always the people that rarely post on the forums that do it, or you'll notice them start posting after the thread gets deleted, was probably Tumarax tbh, look at his other posts. Many times it's just some butthurt-nerd who red buttons someone's post, and they just delete the entire thread. It's the reason a few of the frequent posters (of the ones that still play) no longer post on the forums.
Edited by Prìncessbg on 12/10/2012 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You can literally get any thread deleted for any reason, you just have to word it right. (It's how Wiredmana and someone else who no longer plays got so many people sent to the mountains/threads deleted)

It's always the people that rarely post on the forums that do it, or you'll notice them start posting after the thread gets deleted, was probably Tumarax tbh, look at his other posts. Many times it's just some butthurt-nerd who red buttons someone's post, and they just delete the entire thread. It's the reason a few of the frequent posters (of the ones that still play) no longer post on the forums.

It was me who reported it. I'll report any thread or anyone I feel deserving of it. I think that Blizzard moderators are fairly lenient about what they let go. That being said; creating duplicate threads is very clearly against the forum rules. Creating a duplicate thread of another thread that was deleted by a moderator is no different.

And I think your right, people who don't post on these forums will report you. Butt hurt or not, they have the right. The forum moderators' job is to keep the forums civil. If you don't like it.. well, there's nothing you can do about it.

EDIT: I don't see how looking at my previous posts is any indication of whether I have ever or will report you. Your logic seems to be based on a flawed assumption. A better indication is that I linked the forum rules in a thread about why Fedas had his thread deleted. If that's not a clear sign, then . . .
Edited by Tumarax on 12/11/2012 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
No.

This is exactly how it started when people were using it as a weapon. This is the Internet, not pre-school. If you get that upset over words on the Internet, get off of it.

Idiots like you are the reason nobody posts on this forum anymore, it turned into walking on eggshells because Duddly Do-Right over here and Butthurtnerd are ready to grey button anything and everything.

I don't see how looking at my previous posts

You might want to re-read what I said, because I clearly went over it. Why would you post in this thread answering Fedas as to why his thread was deleted? You rarely post, there's no reason... ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

there's nothing you can do about it.

You're right, there isn't, because Blizzard caters to people like you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I think that Blizzard pretty much makes their intentions clear in their conduct guidelines when they state

" Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums. "

12/12/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Prìncessbg
Idiots like you are the reason nobody posts on this forum anymore, it turned into walking on eggshells because Duddly Do-Right over here and Butthurtnerd are ready to grey button anything and everything.

Blizzard does cater to people like me. They want people to post on their forums who follow the guidelines that they set. Its not very hard to be civil in your threads. If you follow the guidelines there is no way that you can be banned and there is no way your threads will be deleted. Its a pretty simple concept. The only reason that you think of the report button as a "weapon" is because Blizzard will normally not pay attention to your spam and/or harassment post unless someone reports it.

It's always the people that rarely post on the forums that do it, or you'll notice them start posting after the thread gets deleted, was probably Tumarax tbh, look at his other posts

Maybe there is some difference between Australian dialect and American. However, from my knowledge of the American English language; you are clearly stating that looking at my other posts (POSTS is PLURAL AND THE WORD "OTHER" IS USED) will indicate that I reported Fedas.

Here

You might want to re-read what I said, because I clearly went over it. Why would you post in this thread answering Fedas as to why his thread was deleted? You rarely post, there's no reason... ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you are just restating what I already said. I.E --

. A better indication is that I linked the forum rules in a thread about why Fedas had his thread deleted. If that's not a clear sign, then . . .

If you could conduct yourself in a civil manner, IE -- responding to people without using some sort of defaming context-- then you probably would not have your posts deleted even if someone reported them.

This is exactly how it started when people were using it as a weapon. This is the Internet, not pre-school. If you get that upset over words on the Internet, get off of it.

Just because its the internet, doesn't mean that you have can have a free reign of verbal abuse wherever you want. There are still consequences. If you don't like those consequences on the world of warcraft forums, then maybe . . . try 4chan?

World of Warcraft and gaming in general already holds a mostly negative re-pore in society. Gamers being dicks to other gamers doesn't help anything and I'm glad moderators try to minimize the behavior. In general, it would be a poor business model for them to let you defame anyone you feel like on their business' forums. Yes it is a business and yes it is a business that cators to me. Cry all you want.
Edited by Tumarax on 12/12/2012 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
One last thing because its lol to me.

Idiots like you are the reason nobody posts on this forum anymore

You can't blame the forums dying on people who choose to use the report button. That is absolutely absurd. The forums dying is directly related to the health of the server. The forums are inactive because the server is inactive. There are plenty of other server forums that are active with plenty of people using the report feature.
Edited by Tumarax on 12/12/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
This is the Internet, not pre-school. If you get that upset over words on the Internet, get off of it.
That's one approach. Another approach would be to follow rules of conduct and make positive use of the threads to share ideas, ask questions, and recruit players. And when a post stinks up the room, red-button it... just like flushing the toilet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The forums are inactive because the server is inactive.

Once again.................................. no. Someone like you wouldn't know what I'm even talking about, I didn't know you or your guild existed until about 3 months ago when I logged onto Nathrezim, let alone you posting on the forums previously.

You're both missing the point entirely, here, I'll spell it out again and hopefully I can think of simpler terms to use;

jk, real talk I can't come up with simpler terms, but I'm done responding, so go back to browsing the general forums and following the rules guys. OH AND TELL THE TEACHER THAT JIMMY WAS LATE, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES TO BE LATE TO CLASS!
Edited by Lital on 12/12/2012 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
[quote]Someone like you wouldn't know what I'm even talking about, I didn't know you or your guild existed until about 3 months ago when I logged onto Nathrezim, let alone you posting on the forums previously.
Hey look, a unique snowflake! Your rebel ways are so inspiring... /swoon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
INB4 DELETE

Hah bunch of nerds..

None of you even lift!

#Donthatemecauseyouaintme
#fedaswasrightthisgameisbad
#imboredasfuarrk
#hashtagyolo
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
What's going on in this thread?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@Tumarax The thread created was not a duplicate of the first thread, it just had a very similar title. A duplicate would have to include all of the trolling/harassing that was in the thread. IMO the only guideline that it could have broken is that it was unconstructive. I was under the assumption they didn't care about this guideline seeing as many are not constructive... Lastly, it could be argued that every post is constructive or non-constructive #opinions

BTW, is the server pop of Nath like 10 now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making non-constructive posts
Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

But I'm not really the one to be arguing this with. I don't make the decisions for why or what gets sent to oblivion.

EDIT: It was very clearly a duplicate thread. The title was even the same. Changing one word doesn't change the intent. I really don't know the exact reason your first thread was deleted but the above bold/underline is my guess.
Edited by Tumarax on 12/13/2012 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok, so you're saying it was deleted because it was clearly a "duplicate thread". (Duplicate meaning: Identically copied from an original.) Tt was not an identical copy, it just had a similar title. Are you also suggesting that because a thread has been subjected to trolls/harassment it shall never be discussed about again?

12/13/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Tumarax
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums

Strongly disagree with that. My initial thread was obviously a joke and not to be taken seriously...

I would say there is obviously a mistake being made in the procedure of deleting threads.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
you know those people next door who report that your grass is too long....well it's kinda like that. you must understand that some people in this world need to feel important because in reality they aren't.

you can't get rid of an insecurity like this. simply let them be. they make more enemies than friends and in all out honesty it must be a really lonely and frustrating life ;/
Reply Quote
I stopped posting because I was sent to the mountains five times over the course of three months, and was only spared from being banned because of the switch to the new forums.

Anyone who remembers me knows that I never targeted anyone with anything remotely intimidating, and yet was still 'moderated.'
Edited by Bygnomeans on 4/21/2013 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
I'm intimidated by that mask, jfc.
Reply Quote
I switched it up for you. That is the breadth of my amity for you. That, or some dude gave it to me for killing some guy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]