Give portals to a new class..

90 Night Elf Druid
because mages CLEARLY forget that they have them..when your asking for a port for 200g and no one is responding even tho when i go /who mage theirs 49+ online in trade channel but none reply..
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
With so many ways to port oneself around the world, it's kinda put most mages basically out of work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
There is portals to every major city in the shrine of two moons/stars. Set your hearth there and gg.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Yeah! It's not like they have other things to do or are afk!
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warrior
12/08/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
With so many ways to port oneself around the world, it's kinda put most mages basically out of work.

Not unless you guys stop being so greedy and just offer Portals for Free.

Thats half the reason I made a Mage was to offer Free Portals to everyone.

Business is booming.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes. Turn Astral Recall into portals because it's a pointless ability.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/08/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Chronicheals
because mages CLEARLY forget that they have them..when your asking for a port for 200g and no one is responding even tho when i go /who mage theirs 49+ online in trade channel but none reply..

That's because it's never just a simple portal. You clowns expect us to travel to you and port you. I'm not going to port to Ironforge from wherever I am at just to give you a damn portal to Dalaran...
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
12/08/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Haaely

Business is booming.

Its not business if its free. Youre just a charity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You are a wonderful person.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/08/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Adelaide

It is the most OP heartstone in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/08/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Urbnok

It is the most OP heartstone in the game.

Yeah, it's so OP we get 1 extra bag slot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/08/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Adelaide
Yeah, it's so OP we get 1 extra bag slot.

Thrall saved the horde, no the entirety of Azeroth using astral recall. Ok I lied...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I have tried to get my poor Alliance alt to Shrine of Seven Stars for three days now. No one would take my gold for a port. I was there asking for a port when a 90 mage just ran right by me and into the AH.

I gave up after that.
Edited by Songbird on 12/8/2012 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have never charged for a portal, and when someone insisted they give me a tip, I generally told them to simply purchase a rune to replace the one I was using.

Now that runes are a thing of the past, I simply give them for free.

Hell, on Beta, when they took Jade Forest down and didn't provide a portal at first, I - along with other mages - spent a lot of time standing at Pang's Stead simply keeping portals open and continually inviting people to group so they could use them.

Some may call it 'charity', but I call it 'being a helpful person'.

That said, portals are rather iconic of mages and I can't say that it'd really feel right to have them given to another class.
Edited by Calbador on 12/8/2012 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I charge my guild mates 1k per portal.

Why should I waste my time and effort tracking you down to give you a portal that you really don't need?

10g/20g, not worth it.
Frankly I wouldn't even alt tab back into WoW for that much.

People are asking to buy my portals, I say to them you can't afford to buy them from me.
You don't "Buy" or "Purchase" anything, you simply give me some gold to make giving you the portal worthwhile for me, I might be in a LFR queue, or doing something in game or irl.

In raids I sometimes send people to shattrath instead of shrine of the two moons just for lols.
Edited by Warping on 12/8/2012 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Business is booming.

You mean your charity is booming.

That's fine for you, but I don't log in so I can give everyone portals. I do have other things to do. If you want to interrupt my gameplay by begging for portals, I hope you plan to compensate me for it.

I never demand a fee outright, but I'm not going to bother while I'm doing something unless you make it apparent you're going to compensate me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I am more than happy to compensate.

I am more than happy to come where you are--if you are, for example in SW or Darn--somewhere I can get easily.

About the only time I ask for ports is to the new main city after a new xpac drops.

I had a mage and regularly ported people when I could, and often for free (unfortunately I was stupid and deleted her), so I do know what it is like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have tried to get my poor Alliance alt to Shrine of Seven Stars for three days now. No one would take my gold for a port. I was there asking for a port when a 90 mage just ran right by me and into the AH.

I gave up after that.

...You've been trying to get there for three days? I'm not sure how to rationalize this. It takes two minutes to use the portal to Paw'Don Village in Stormwind and fly to the shrine yourself, by personal mounts or flight paths. Am I missing something critical here?! MY BRAIN HURTS!

EDIT
12/08/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Chronicheals
because mages CLEARLY forget that they have them

Funny side-note: A mage friend of mine didn't know they had a port available to the shrines until literally a month after release of MoP. He had a few in our raid group think a port there didn't exist too; when they would ask for one after a raid he would reply that they didn't have one. He finally found out and explained that they must have added it in a patch so he wouldn't sound silly...but I know the horrible truth.
Edited by Derinhaber on 12/8/2012 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]