Sigh, why are Resto Druids so ignored?

90 Night Elf Druid
Why are we so unchanged?

5.1 - Nothing

5.2 - Also looking like nothing.

Failure to listen to any of the resto druid complaints, being told we're "fine".

I said i'd stick with my druid no matter what, but my disc priest is at 89...switching is almost tempting at this point.

I know *some* healer has to be bottom. I'd say with Monk nerfs the monk/druid are about even right now, we may of even moved up to the 4th. Especially in 10 man I know we did.

But when there's some things with a class that are CLEARLY broken, why are they not even addressed?

Don't even look at output, look at what druids cast. We basically use 3 things - Wild Growth(our #1 heal), Swiftmend, and Rejuv.

Do developers even wonder WHY druids ignore Nourish/Healing touch/Mushrooms etc.?

I have played every class of healer. In DS heroic I played Druid, disc priest, shammy. I had a pally but I didn't like her. And I am levelling a monk right now(level 70).

I just feel resto druid has become very boring, very limited due to mana I can't even rejuv enough as I should be able to.

I honestly hate questing to level, so my priest is being levelled slowly through normal dungeons(which is so boring btw lol but still better then questing).

But I do have more fun healing/casting wise on other healers then I do on my Druid right now.
Reply Quote
There has been no information about what will actually be the content of 5.2 besides vague statements. You can't make any form of judgement based on that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
5.2 could bring changes or it might not.

At the very least, you'll scale up fairly well with new gear. So there's always that.

Blizz has a tendency to be fairly slow with druid changes unless they're ehrmahgawd op level healers. Same with holy priests.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As a former druid, if there is one change I would like to see it is adding a single spell.

Nature's Infusion : Causes all of your current heal over time effects to heal for an increased value based on the % of missing health the current target of the hot is, but subtracts the overall increased healing from the duration of the spell. 45 second CD. *insert balanced mana cost here*

I know there are other druid problems out there, but being flat out snipe healed and having no burst healing outside of major CD's (Tranq) is certainly up there as far as problems go.

A spell as simple as this would allow the resto druid to convert long term healing on their target into healing NOW, while at the same time would not actually "gain" any raw healing as the increase in hot strength is proportional to the lost duration.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
5.2 could bring changes or it might not.

At the very least, you'll scale up fairly well with new gear. So there's always that.

Blizz has a tendency to be fairly slow with druid changes unless they're ehrmahgawd op level healers. Same with holy priests.

This is true. And now that we've been tamed, I think they'd rather listen to us whine than risk once again making us into ehrmahgawd op level healers. Still I fully expect something interesting to happen with shrooms, hopefully within the next 6-8 months. And I wouldn't be surprised to see several high motion encounters appear in the next raid zone - the anti-disc design.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nature's Infusion : Causes all of your current heal over time effects to heal for an increased value based on the % of missing health the current target of the hot is, but subtracts the overall increased healing from the duration of the spell. 45 second CD. *insert balanced mana cost here*

I still think that blizz should have given druids a glyph choice for reduced duration rejuvs like holy has for renew.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Gajan
As a former druid, if there is one change I would like to see it is adding a single spell.

I don't think we need more spells (although your suggestion sounds great).

We need a reason to use Mushrooms. A slight mana nerf to Rejuv would be nice.

12/09/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Merise
And I wouldn't be surprised to see several high motion encounters appear in the next raid zone - the anti-disc design.

Anyone else find it interesting that they seem to design the encounters around healers?
Edited by Sherbear on 12/9/2012 3:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/09/2012 03:03 AMPosted by Sherbear
Anyone else find it interesting that they seem to design the encounters around healers?

To a lesser extent they do it with dps too. movement, multidotting, aoe, etc. and patchwerk type phases for some.

They don't really seem to like to favor certain types of tanks though. (paladins and blood dks are different cus of some cheesing mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They are probably thinking that druids are in better shape because our 2 and 4 piece bonuses are insanely good compared to all the other healers and that that is what brings us back to par. They may fix some other issues in 5.2 since it will be a new tier as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They are probably thinking that druids are in better shape because our 2 and 4 piece bonuses are insanely good compared to all the other healers and that that is what brings us back to par. They may fix some other issues in 5.2 since it will be a new tier as well.

20% reduced cost on flash heal... yay, i'm gonna save exactly... 0 mana during an encounter because i barely ever use flash heal. /cry
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We definitely need something. Our burst is laughable. Constant "slow" raid damage like heroic will of the emperor is nice but fights like heroic empress where burst healing is required, our "buffer" that we provide is almost meaningless. You want bomb heals, not weak HoTs that won't save anyone lives. Ghostcrawler must play classes in LFR and balance accordingly. If he thinks rdruids are fine in high end progression I feel sorry for him.

-Nourish should be virtually free
-Healing touch normal healing should be increased or mana cost reduced
-Rejuv cost should be decreased
-Clearcasting "charges" (like 2) would help our burst healing
-Wild growth mana cost could be adjusted according to how many target it hits
-Mushrooms should be reworked to 1 GCD and could leave "grass" circles that would increase healing done on targets while they stand in it or something
-I would personally like to see Efflorescence radius increased a bit
-Crit HoTs should put some form "shield/absorb" a bit like living seed for direct heal crits
- Living seed should stack to a % of the caster's HP like paladins
Edited by Zekeriki on 12/9/2012 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
FYI, We also cast regrowth and maintain LB on a target. So it really is five spells that take up a bulk of our casting.

Anyway, my one wish is to have wild mushrooms re-designed into a significant burst heal on a longer cd. Increase the mana costs, whatever, to satisfy the definition of "not rotational" (though I have found that to be odd goal for any spell...), but make it fill that much needed gap in our toolkit for burst.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Why are we so unchanged?

5.1 - Nothing

Failure to listen to any of the resto druid complaints, being told we're "fine".

Well, they are busy working on other things right now.

From a recent Dev interview:
Discipline Priests and Monks will be buffed somewhat to bring them up to par. We should expect to see those changes on the Patch 5.2 PTR soon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Why are we so unchanged?

5.1 - Nothing

Discipline Priests and Monks will be buffed somewhat to bring them up to par. We should expect to see those changes on the Patch 5.2 PTR soon.

Lolwut.
Reply Quote
If you took the whole quote into context, they are looking to give them pvp survivability buffs, not pve healing throughput buffs, but awesome try at quoting only part of a conversation to try and make your point more valid. 3/10 internets because I'm feeling generous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

They mean for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Why are we so unchanged?

5.1 - Nothing

Nice trolling in taking things out of context. This was a post directed towards PVP. Stop making yourself look foolish....or don't?
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Druid

Nice trolling in taking things out of context. This was a post directed towards PVP. Stop making yourself look foolish....or don't?

Eh, it's understandable to be upset that they've pretty much been focusing solely on balancing those two specific classes, when we've been consistently asking for changes to our hurting class. Who cares if it's to PvP only? Are disc/monks the only ones who deserve to have their classes looked at and tweaked to make them viable in the game?

I honestly do think Druids are going to be the weakest link this expansion in 25 man PvE, but we are pretty decent in PvP and 10 man's atm so I guess we'll just have to be accepting to that. The men in blue think we're fine as we are, so I highly doubt they're going to recant that and make any of the changes that we are hoping for. (Sans Wild Mushrooms)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/09/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Riddell
Are disc/monks the only ones who deserve to have their classes looked at and tweaked to make them viable in the game?

No, but when the buffs are for PvP it's not taking anything away from Druids getting fixes in PvE...they're completely separate issues. Not everything is going to be about you.

Disc representation in PvP: 1213.
Mistweaver representation in PvP: 761.
RDruid representation in PvP: 3864.

I'd have to say when both Disc/Mw are below Druids by over 3x that it's something worth looking at. Don't be petty.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Riddell
I honestly do think Druids are going to be the weakest link this expansion in 25 man PvE

This has always been the case, bar T12.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]