Issues with macro from icyviens balance druid

90 Worgen Druid
I am setting up some macros because I have too many spells for my bars and I am currently not using bartender because I have to get re used to it first I have been gone. Anyways I am trying these macros and they are just spamming my chat.

#showtooltip Innervate
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead][@player]Innervate

#showtooltip Rebirth
/cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth

Any help? Also I am looking at a macro for wild mushrooms and detonate. The other macro I made is this but it does not show the tooltip right.

#showtooltip
/castsequene reset [mod:shift] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, Celestial Alignment
Edited by Shilmista on 12/9/2012 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am setting up some macros because I have too many spells for my bars and I am currently not using bartender because I have to get re used to it first I have been gone. Anyways I am trying these macros and they are just spamming my chat.

#showtooltip Innervate
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead][@player]Innervate

#showtooltip Rebirth
/cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth

If it's spamming chat, then you have spaces at the front of your code lines. In fact, they even show up in your quoted message. I've put them in code blocks so that they show up on the forum post. Delete the spaces.

Any help? Also I am looking at a macro for wild mushrooms and detonate. The other macro I made is this but it does not show the tooltip right.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset [mod:shift] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, Celestial Alignment

Your syntax is a mess...
I'm going to assume you want the incarnation cast if you're holding down shift, and the celestial alignment cast otherwise.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; Celestial Alignment

http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro
http://www.macroexplain.com/
Edited by Inien on 12/9/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Those macros are a little verbose, but they should work. When you say they're "spamming your chat" do you mean with the macro contents or something else? If you meant the macro contents, then you have some sort of syntax error in your macros. #showtooltip (which does not need an argument in any of your example macros) should be on its own line, then /cast should be at the beginning of its own line. Let the cast lines wrap naturally (do not hit <enter> when you run out of space entering a line, just let it go to the next line on its own)

EDIT: Inien beat me to it.
Edited by Sumcallmetim on 12/9/2012 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I will try them out again. When i pasted them into the game it did not do the space I dont think. I backspaced it out. Also I will post back on results.

Okay thank you for that both of you. Now I have a question, on the @mouseover before I use the spell I need to have the mouse over the player correct? To me this seems logical. So for the rebirth I can do this if I wanted.
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;[mod:shift,nocombat]Revive
I will post more in a sec
Edited by Shilmista on 12/10/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
That should work. You can even clean it up a bit:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,combat] Rebirth; [@mouseover,help] Revive

When you have a conditional such as [combat] to differentiate your spells there is literally no reason to ever use a [mod] argument to do the same thing (the amount of automation allowed to macros is minimal; one should use what is allowed whenever possible).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thank you again. I also want to thank the local player on the realm I play on she helped me so much with getting a few right. I will post what she did in a bit
On this one I asked for it to say which ever group I am in to say what spell I used, but we couldnt get it to pick between the 2 spells so I added in the extra chat.
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Cyclone; Entangling Roots
/stopmacro [nogroup]
/ra Cycloned, or Rooted take a look! %t
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/stopmacro [group:raid]
/p Cycloned or Rooted take a look! %t

Okay now I have a macro for sunfire and moonfire but can I make it so the spell stays active when in respective eclipse state?
Edited by Shilmista on 12/10/2012 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]