Your character's weapon(s) of choice?

Lann Icly prefers to avoid combat, it isn't her thing and she's seen enough friends die (hurrah for people that actually let characters die!) in combat to detest it even more. So when confronted she normally drops a smoke bomb or two and skedaddles. That isn't to say that she doesn't know how to fight though, if forced to or if her friends are in trouble she is skilled enough with a Dagger, throwing knives, and a Wrench to be dangerous.

Also as an addition to the 'avoid combat' techniques she is oddly good at getting other people to step in to protect her...
Edited by Lann on 12/7/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Pyrillia is very adept at using the Light in a protective manner, preferring to stun or daze rather than injure. Incapacitation over decapitation! When things become more of a matter of life or death, she is well-acquainted with most heavy weaponry. Given a choice, she prefers swords over axes or maces/hammers. She is a weapon and armor crafter ICly, and makes her own gear.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Hmmm, now that we are talking about weapons in a not-crafted sense, I would like to amend my answer to a mix of the shadow and the light. Shields are incredibly useful, and I would say Snuffit uses the light MOSTLY for defensive moves (or the occasional penance at a ally who needs a good smack). Shadow is her go-to offensive weapon. A good searing of the mind can paralyze and slow down a enemy, and also confuse them enough to not be able to describe what it was they saw (more than "Shadow! Small, quick shadow of pain!)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
"And you have my axe!"

wait... hammer! I meant hammer!

Not to digress but why do the IF guards carry axes when the crest of IF has a hammer on it? Was this some sort of weird mix up in the initial order and no one wanted to confess to screwing it up so they handed out what they had and it's been that way ever since? Inquiring minds want to know.

You used a Brann quote, and therefore have my eternal hatred.

"And you have my axe!"

wait... hammer! I meant hammer!

Not to digress but why do the IF guards carry axes when the crest of IF has a hammer on it? Was this some sort of weird mix up in the initial order and no one wanted to confess to screwing it up so they handed out what they had and it's been that way ever since? Inquiring minds want to know.

Now, I can't be certain, but since it's IronFORGE, it may well be that the hammer is supposed to be representative of smithing.

Either that, or it's a complete oversight on Blizzard's part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Lucrezia was partial to swords, but she's found she really really likes the axes she wields now. (Her mogged axes: The Blade of Harbingers, a rather belfish-looking axe imo.)

She loves the design, the feel of them in her hands, and finds they fit pretty well with her dual-wielding fighting style. I as her player like that they aren't ungodly huge for being 2H weapons so the titan's grip thing doesn't look as absurd as it can with other weapons.

Haha, cool. Please don't take this personally, but titan's grip always bugs the hell out of me, from a practical perspective. Seeing people dual-wield full-length weapons is a personal peeve, though I of course don't cry about it in RP. Just figured since it was topical.

On a more encouraging not to balance that out, cool axe! It does look very Sin'Dorei.

No worries, I totally get where you're coming from. In my mind her weapons are never that big, but I just kinda like TG from a gameplay standpoint so I don't imagine this 5'6" blood elf, even if she IS of a sturdier build with pretty kickass arms, wielding REALLY BIG HONKIN' WEAPONS. Larger than a rogue's, sure, she's a warrior and that's just how she fights. But I try to keep my imagining reasonable, for an elf in a magic fantasy setting. ;)

Just the plain sight of the huge weapons can bug me too sometimes, but I figure I'm used to it enough that I overlook it nine times out of ten. And these do look pretty fabulous crisscrossed on her back when not in combat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Sai's favourite weapon is her totems.

When Sai is in her damage dealing mode, she attaches her fire totem to her physical weapon (preferably a mace) with a chain and fixes her earth totem to the back of her shield. She does this as she feels this helps with controlling the best elements that she requires help from

When Sai is in her healing mode, she attaches her water totem to her physical weapon (once again she prefers a mace) with a chain and fixes her air totem to the back of her shield. She points her weapon at her healing target and the water totem attached helps to direct her focus towards the target of the weapon.

The reason Sai prefers a mace/shield combo is due to the blunt nature of the objects. She would rather knock an enemy unconscious rather than kill it and blunt objects usually give a better chance of not killing them outright.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Other people.

I don't like fighting unless I'm sure to win.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Other people.

I don't like fighting unless I'm sure to win.

I have a sudden mental image of Enekie picking someone up and swinging them around like a weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Aethun uses an absurdly powerful rubeblade to compensate for his poor coordination and weak body.

He also owns a gnomish ghoul named Tots
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
It's actually the weapons that wield me. Check my armory and deny it.

Pretty sure I'm the bit player in this partnership.
Edited by Thulgrom on 12/7/2012 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It's actually the weapons that wield me. Check my armory and deny it.

Pretty sure I'm the bit player in this partnership.

wtf titan's grip shaman? O_O
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Seyna prefers his fists for fighting. If he has to fight something nastier than bare fists can handle, then he uses fist weapons. He is also an engineer and has bombs, rockets, and such on his person. Those are saved for emergencies.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Huatar uses a spear, primarily, but has expertise in the usage of swords.
Erigar, my Paladin, uses everything.
Ladencrel, my Hunter, uses everything.
Reply Quote
[quote]"And you have my axe!"

Now, I can't be certain, but since it's IronFORGE, it may well be that the hammer is supposed to be representative of smithing.

Either that, or it's a complete oversight on Blizzard's part.

That would be my point - Ironforge, The Great Anvil, smith's hammer, but the guards use axes when the dwarf race gets Expertise when wielding hammers.

Axes are an orc thing. Hammers should be proudly carried in Ironforge.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Zanza likes to use bows, however, he's partial to using his Fist of the Deity (bladed tonfa fist weapon from heroic Gundrak).
Reply Quote
Himself.

god i'm tired of seeing these around

Well, it's alright as long as you're not flying backwards upside down across a room like the offspring of Max Payne, Spiderman and a cassowary.

That's pretty much the only reason I detest it. Everyone wants to be a supergod anime fightscene with any sort of pistol, I've noticed.

... People want to do that with -any- weapon. Most commonly swords.

On the topic of revolvers specifically. It's middle ground.
Doesn't take as much time to load as a flintlock, not as advanced as a modern day 9 mm.
Edited by Gogrimm on 12/7/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Undead Hunter
A bow. Specifically the Darkmoon Faire replica of the Ancient Bone bow. It's very fitting for a Forsaken hunter and really I don't see Vorenth being much into guns. Or anything else. He just likes his bows.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Alenlor uses two pistols and a sniper rifle (Wolfslayer). recently however, his gun broke and he's been using a bow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Alorilyn is more suited (It's weird seeing that used outside of my steam ID/Gamertag.) for short swords when not using armor to keep with that agile, quick theme. And when in armor he's usually using two-handed swords.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Leighly mainly casts her spells, although she has a wand which she rarely uses. She also keeps a dagger up one of her sleeves.
Edited by Leighly on 12/8/2012 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]