Community Demonized Garrash Form the Start

90 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Kellick
We were obviously looking at different forums, because that group (or at least, your grotesque caricature of said group) has always been a minority.

S'why I said I saw. Because its what I, personally, saw.

To me, it seemed like a lot of Horde players were into killing Alliance, with the all out DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE, FOR THE HORDE mentality.

Its just weird that as soon as a leader with that mindset comes in to power, they DON'T like him, despite him doing exactly what they were doing!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/07/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Arbiter
I mean if the players failed to read the required literature, and let's be honest few player read the literature.

The literature shouldn't be required in the first place.

EDIT:

S'why I said I saw. Because its what I, personally, saw.

To me, it seemed like a lot of Horde players were into killing Alliance, with the all out DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE, FOR THE HORDE mentality.

Its just weird that as soon as a leader with that mindset comes in to power, they DON'T like him, despite him doing exactly what they were doing!

REALLY?

YOU REALLY DON"T GET WHY?

YOU REALLY DON"T UNDERSTAND THAT HIS INITIAL INEPT, iNSULTING PORTRAYAL WITH NO RATIONALIZATION BEHIND IT MIGHT NOT APPEAL TO PEOPLE?

DO YOU REALLY HAVE SO LITTLE UNDERSTANDING OF THE HORDE PLAYERBASE?
Edited by Skytotem on 12/7/2012 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm sure the Horde player base is split cause let's be honest. A small portion go

"RAWR WAR GARROSH IS AWESOME.WARCRAFT!!!"

That is one mentality I do see in the Horde playerbase and it can't be denied. I see it in lore even in general discussion.

As for literature be required. It won't kill you to read especially if it's lore from the past and before the game.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
There are real life leaders far worse than Garrosh... It's intersting that finaly we are getting one of the major leaders who is not really a Hero...

I don't like Garrosh as a "person"... I mean, if I were my character I would hate him with passion... XD But as "a real guy" I find him a cool and a very hateable villain... Heck, I wanna kill him now... Seriously, sometimes I just target him and click smite... Too soon. Not yet. But eventually...
Edited by Phelioz on 12/7/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There are real life leaders far worse than Garrosh... It's intersting that finaly we are getting one of the major leaders who is not really a Hero...

I don't like Garrosh as a "person"... I mean, if I were my character I would hate him with passion... XD But as "a real guy" I find him a cool and a very hateable villain... Heck, I wanna kill him now... Seriously, sometimes I just target him and click smite... Too soon. Not yet. But eventually...

Gul'Dan? Blackhand? Orgrim? What about them? They were pretty similar in Garrosh mentality.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm sure the Horde player base is split cause let's be honest. A small portion go

"RAWR WAR GARROSH IS AWESOME.WARCRAFT!!!"

That is one mentality I do see in the Horde playerbase and it can't be denied. I see it in lore even in general discussion.

If Garrosh weren't racist I'd be all for him and pretty much everything he's done, but we're 'forced' to hate him the same way we're forced to like Thrall, Malfurion, Tirion, etc...

12/07/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Lorthuron
As for literature be required. It won't kill you to read especially if it's lore from the past and before the game.

The game has a monthly fee, you shouldn't have to pay MORE to understand what's going on ingame.

Especially not wen the comics involving Varian were all terrible :P
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/07/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Gul'Dan? Blackhand? Orgrim? What about them? They were pretty similar in Garrosh mentality.

Those are leaders of the Old Horde, an orcish horde that by the time of WC3 was not the main thing already... We didnt get to play with our characters under those leaders. Also, what we call "Horde" right now is not the same as the Orcish horde... Most people fail to notice that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The game has a monthly fee, you shouldn't have to pay MORE to understand what's going on ingame.

Except the game has it's limits. It can only do so much Skytotem. How can one talk about the details of Argus? Sure we could go to Argus but it would be better if they just made a book about it in the past before Argus becomes relevant.

Varian got badass in that but I never read the comics.

Those are leaders of the Old Horde, an orcish horde that by the time of WC3 was not the main thing already... We didnt get to play with our characters under those leaders. Also, what we call "Horde" right now is not the same as the Orcish horde... Most people fail to notice that.

Yeah but they were still Horde leaders and figures. It doesn't change how some of the playerbase is...not exactly the most intelligent or informed.

If Garrosh weren't racist I'd be all for him and pretty much everything he's done, but we're 'forced' to hate him the same way we're forced to like Thrall, Malfurion, Tirion, etc...

If Garrosh wasn't..what he is now I honestly wouldn't have a problem. You're not really forced to hate him, sure they want him to but you are by no means forced. Now you can like him but at least admit what Garrosh has done :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
REALLY?

YOU REALLY DON"T GET WHY?

YOU REALLY DON"T UNDERSTAND THAT HIS INITIAL INEPT, iNSULTING PORTRAYAL WITH NO RATIONALIZATION BEHIND IT MIGHT NOT APPEAL TO PEOPLE?

DO YOU REALLY HAVE SO LITTLE UNDERSTANDING OF THE HORDE PLAYERBASE?

Of course I get why. Calm your jets. I wasn't talking about you, or players like you, in case you couldn't tell.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/07/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Tessa
Of course I get why. Calm your jets. I wasn't talking about you, or players like you, in case you couldn't tell.

Ah yes because Horde players that want to fight the alliance clearly don't care about competence or reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Skytotem
Ah yes because Horde players that want to fight the alliance clearly don't care about competence or reason.

I'm referring to the 'kill Alliance' part, not the 'stupid reckless' part.

Are you on a hair trigger or what?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm referring to the 'kill Alliance' part, not the 'stupid reckless' part.

Are you on a hair trigger or what?

I think you're reading a lot more care into this than is actually there. Most of this is snark.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Skytotem
Most of this is snark.

:<

And I fell for it, too!

bleh
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
:<

And I fell for it, too!

bleh

Well I'll admit some of it is genuine annoyance at how Horde players seem to be treated like some impossible-to-understand 'other' that can't raise any issue with the story because we're 'winning' or "we should've expected this when we picked the 'evil' faction"
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Phelioz

Funny, I thought Thrall idolized Orgrim.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/07/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Alzrian

This never really made any sense.

I mean, liking him as a person is okay I guess Thrall knew him as a kindly uncle sort of figure.

But Orgrim's decision to continue the second war should have at least raised some issues with Thrall, or questions or something.

I mean it's possible orgrim died before Thrall got to talk to him about it but still :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

That's the problem. Thrall should only idolize he went after Gul'Dan but he's still a bad orc. Orc Culture should of been rebuilt from the ground up.

This never really made any sense.

I mean, liking him as a person is okay I guess Thrall knew him as a kindly uncle sort of figure.

But Orgrim's decision to continue the second war should have at least raised some issues with Thrall, or questions or something.

I mean it's possible orgrim died before Thrall got to talk to him about it but still :P

Orgrim: So...Thrall...I forgot to tell you...back in the good ole days...I... *Gets stabbed*

Thrall: ORGRIM!!!!......Damn it....old coot....doesn't tell me anything.
Edited by Lorthuron on 12/7/2012 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
To be fair, in the Book Ogrim was pretty Bro when he was with Thrall.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
I want to like Garrosh, but... killing Cairne? getting into arguments and death threats with Vol'jin? Showing racism agaisnt fellow Horde members? Supporting Genocide?

Remove those four things, and Garrosh would be the best Warchief the Horde has ever had, and many players would likely support and love Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Kind of wished that Garrosh was more... likable. He could have been great for the evolution of the Horde
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]