Fury Glyph Priority?

90 Human Warrior
So i'm on Sunder Duty for my 10m raid, which means i'll want to grab up that Sunder Colossus Smash Glyph.

My question is; which of the three Major glyphs i've been using as Fury should i replace?

Glyph of Recklessness
Glyph of Death From Above (heroic leap)
Glyph of Unburdened Rage (120 rage)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
RECKLESSNESS IS NOT A DPS GAIN UNLESS YOUR CRIT GETS A LOT HIGHER. REMOVE IT.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
So i'm on Sunder Duty for my 10m raid, which means i'll want to grab up that Sunder Colossus Smash Glyph.

My question is; which of the three Major glyphs i've been using as Fury should i replace?

Glyph of Recklessness
Glyph of Death From Above (heroic leap)
Glyph of Unending Rage (120 rage)
Sorry, had to correct you.

Take out Death From Above. It's only really useful in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Kulso

Nope. You can use Heroic Leap every other Colossus Smash for a minor DPS increase with the glyph, and with CSmash it hits hard.

Very, very hard. You should be doing that.

Take out Recklessness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, definitely have been synching Heroic Leap with my CS's whenever i can.

Thanks for the insight Samayael & Brakthir, I can definitely see why Recklessness isn't a DPS gain just yet. No need for the Caps Attack though haha.

& thanks, you're right it is Unending Rage, I wonder where I got Unburdened from.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
When Brak is involved, there is always the caps attack.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
So I haven't raided with my fury warrior yet as I'm still levelling it, but I've been paying attention to the discussions and was curious how you'd pull off heroic leap during cmash considering the annoying minimum range requirements. If it means you have to face away from the boss for a second or be in front for a second or two is still a dps gain?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Nope. You can use Heroic Leap every other Colossus Smash for a minor DPS increase with the glyph, and with CSmash it hits hard.

Very, very hard. You should be doing that.

Take out Recklessness.

^This.

My average heroic leap crit last night over 22 vizier pulls was 230k.

As far as using it goes, boss models are large enough that if you stand on one side of it, you can leap to the other side and hit him and still be behind the boss.
Edited by Xiic on 12/7/2012 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Vezax
So I haven't raided with my fury warrior yet as I'm still levelling it, but I've been paying attention to the discussions and was curious how you'd pull off heroic leap during cmash considering the annoying minimum range requirements. If it means you have to face away from the boss for a second or be in front for a second or two is still a dps gain?

Most bosses have a pretty big hitbox which makes it actually fairly easy to work into the CS window. Just stand off to one corner of the boss' back and HL to the other corner of the boss' back. You should be able to hit the boss with HL and stay in melee range.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Brakthir
just curious ive heard this too.. what kind of higher with raid buffs? in smf with raid buffs im reaching high 24 ish...with TG im bout 27ish with raid buffs im sure this isnt high enough so what range does it become a nice dps increase?? with raid buffs
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Yeah, definitely have been synching Heroic Leap with my CS's whenever i can.

Thanks for the insight Samayael & Brakthir, I can definitely see why Recklessness isn't a DPS gain just yet. No need for the Caps Attack though haha.

& thanks, you're right it is Unending Rage, I wonder where I got Unburdened from.
i will use this hero leap and csmash combo whenever im low on rage in my window and cant fully maximize it. if you have 100 plus rage and can max out the window then dont of course.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Skillywilly
just curious ive heard this too.. what kind of higher with raid buffs? in smf with raid buffs im reaching high 24 ish...with TG im bout 27ish with raid buffs im sure this isnt high enough so what range does it become a nice dps increase?? with raid buffs

Like not this tier of raiding I'm pretty sure.

12/07/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Skillywilly
i will use this hero leap and csmash combo whenever im low on rage in my window and cant fully maximize it. if you have 100 plus rage and can max out the window then dont of course.

You should use HL with CS every other CS regardless of rage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/07/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Skillywilly

Glyph of Recklessness is only a dps gain if a) you will only be using 1 recklessness in the fight (obviously trivialized with 4set) or b) there is enough incoming damage for you not only switch to berserker stance but also to use abilities that aren't Bloodthirst during the length of the Recklessness. Situations this might apply to is Blade Lord, Elegon, Ambershaper, and maybe Will.
Outside of that, you'd have to be at greater than 50% crit (buffed/procced/etc) for it to be a standard gain, since you'd be losing stats.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/07/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Vezax

Not sure if it was previously mentioned, but the fact that Heroic Leap is off the GCD also helps pull it off smoothly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
recklessness is a dps increase because of raging blow procs's, they go off the percentage of crit you currently have doubled which means if you go over 50% you start to lose out on dps cause it could've been better spent on the length that recklessness could've stayed up. Thats why glyph of recklessness is a dps boost overall
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Bloodrusher
recklessness is a dps increase because of raging blow procs's, they go off the percentage of crit you currently have doubled which means if you go over 50% you start to lose out on dps cause it could've been better spent on the length that recklessness could've stayed up. Thats why glyph of recklessness is a dps boost overall

The chance still isn't high enough. Without glyphing recklessness, you get procs from CSs AND RBs. The extra procs later on all happen when your trinkets and CDs are used up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/07/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Bloodrusher

This is not true, nor makes sense. Raging Blow procs occur when you crit with Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash or use Berserkers Rage. Agreeably that BT has twice the chance to crit, (ie if you have 25% crit, you'd have 50% crit with BT), but that doesn't boost your dps seeing as BT is your weakest ability outside of super !@#$ty fillers (ie Heroic Throw and Battle Shout).
You don't really lose out on dps since both of the recklessnesses (with and without glyphs) you'll be using BT to maintain enrage, and if you decide not to use BT to get that enrage, you probably won't be getting anymore than 2 Raging Blows in the entire duration (ie, CS crit and 1 BzR).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
On a side note, simmed dps has the value of crit and strength roughly 3.23 and 3.5 respectively for SMF. 3.23x0.5x12 vice 3.23x0.3x18 is 19.38 vice 17.442 which mathematically states that you are gaining a higher dps from the unglyphed recklessness.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
sims doesn't account for a crit cap which is 50%, yes bloodthirst is less damage especially inside collosus smash, but outside of it you'll be procing enrage and raging blows off every bloodthirst with or without the glyph, i can only be wieghing up the damage inside CS with the extra 20% crit with the raging blows + enrage procs outside of it
Edited by Bloodrusher on 12/7/2012 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]