Game Director Tom Chilton on Balance & PvP

90 Gnome Mage
Im just waiting for the announcement...

We have decided WoW is a PvE game and will balance around that... We will try to do what we can for PVP but dont hold your breath....

Pretty much been this way since MoP dropped so they might as well come out and say it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
once again, blizzard doing what they want and not giving the player ANYTHING that they ask for. /knock knock. how much of a hit to your wallet do you need to take before you LISTEN to your paying customers?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Please just balance pvp. Suggestions: Take out Hunters stampede in arena's. (or give dk's Army of Dead.) Nerf the fears just a little bit on priests/warlocks. Take away desto warlock moving and casting. nerf monks Self heals just a small amount. decrease dk's Blood presence buff a small amount. And that's really all I noticed that's huge.
Reply Quote
pvp will never be balance in this game right now range and healers are just to fu cking op theres no way around it melee never have a chance in less your with a healer but again healers are just op as fu ck. Oh i'm about to die not full health with one heal rofl at you fools for thinking you have a chance. range what can i say melee can never stay on you. i wounder why that is to many peels and cc and high burst. something blizz dose is always screws the melee. all good i'm going to laugh when this game burns to the ground.

if your agree with me cool if not then fu ck off.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
arena now is not about skill. its about what you are up against (comp) there is far too much cc in the game now and with class healing reduction pushing heals down by up to 70%!!! lol any class but a priest has a hard time. so its pretty much like this..doors open.. you are indefinitely cc'd and or your heals are so reduced that even having full hots on you makes no difference... and god help you if you have to actually cast! because with the amount of cc and interrupts that you can pretty much just spam with no consequence.... your not getting it off unless you are a priest. Blizzard is not going to just admit they screwed us and fix this over night... so arena matches are pretty much decided by comp.. not skill.. unless you count deciding what of 2 targets to cc... skill? lol
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
Yup, we see so many problems with pvp and blizzard rarely addresses only a few at a time.
And changes to admitted problems always takes months or years to solve.
Edited by Kevx on 8/1/2013 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
Fear the class, not the player.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
[quote="73490041622"]There are a huge number of things that need to be addressed. Many of them are quite simple.

Holy Paladin CC needs to be toned down. Paladins definitely needed a form of CC that didn't require them to run into the centre of everything and risk getting blown up, but right now their CC is the best in the game, along with the best single target heals, and very obviously the best choice for any melee team.

Druids are unkillable by melee unless the druid is not paying attention. A blink and vanish on a 30 second cooldown? Remove the vanish aspect of it and it would be balanced. It's really as simple as that. In the interview Kalgan specifically states that many class developers envision an ability being used defensively when often it gets used offensively. This is another perfect example of that. Druids blink/stealth -> pounce -> cyclone or disorienting roar to the other healer without any risk to themselves, and without the other healer having any way to avoid it.

Shamans are amazing healers with a great amount of utility to help their teammates stay alive and land a kill. Their team-defensive abilities are too strong. However their individual defensive abilities are abysmal and the silence change just exasperated that. Every other healer has a defensive ability that they can use while stunned or silenced, often on a short cooldown. If shamans are stunned or silenced without a pvp trinket they're 100% useless, especially without any dispel protection for Earth Shield.

Mage and Warrior burst is absurd. I'm sure Kalgan knows this and was thinking of this when he was talking about pvp burst. There is no denying that it's beyond overpowered. I understand that it's very tricky balancing warriors as they're often either too powerful, or too weak as their only role on the team is to do damage. People should be concerned if a warrior is sitting on a target (unlike Seasons 10 & 11), but it should not revolve around if a warrior is on you for more than 5 seconds you're likely going to die.

Mages burst revolves around such a short cooldown (deep freeze). However I believe a 4 second stun on a 30 second cooldown (coldsnap-able) is too much. Reducing the stun to 3 seconds would still allow a mage to get off a frost bomb, but not allow them to spam 2-3 ice lances for 80k on a target with 65% dmg reduction (that number is not exaggerated).

Fix hunter bugs and they should be all right. Enough said.

Warlocks need some affliction buffs. Affliction is not viable directly due to this expansion's dispel change (which was a good idea), and most players' inability to get any casts off due to the large amount of instant cc we're seeing this expansion.

Monks definitely need some buffs. However I'm pretty unfamiliar with that class so anything I could say wouldn't be based on anything other than my limited experience with them.

Classes like DKs that do a fair amount of damage but nothing over the top do not require buffs in order to become competitive. Other classes simply need to be brought down and I'm sure we'll see a greater number of these underrepresented classes being utilized in various comps. In the meantime however it's extremely rare to queue into an arena team that doesn't have a mage or a warrior on it.

I liked a lot of what Kalgan was saying about the upcoming PvP changes. However I'm disappointed that there continue to be the exact same problems that seem to plague every season. If the majority of players are consistently concerned about

1) Burst damage
2) Instant crowd control

Im sorry if im the one telling you this, THEY ARENT TAKING YOUR FANTASTIC SUGGESTIONS. Doing that would only mean you being better than them. They dont wanna lose their jobs just coz you clearly have more knowlegde of the game they created. I wish they play the game they made more in the live realms & see how other players are using the spells abilities they invented. No words needed from other players. Just see them play & they would know the bugs, the OP abilities, pretty much everything u pointed out.

I've said this before in some threads. Maybe theres no1 in blizz who graduated from bussiness school. Them losing subs is a proof of that. Maybe theyre just gamers who made a game & now it turned into a multi million dollar bussiness & they dont know how to handle it.

Blizz, it shouldnt take sooooo long to fix sumthing (the bugs) in your bussiness (the game), its just bad bussiness. Im actually willing to pay an extra buck to get you to hire more peope to do a faster job hot fixing & identifying the bugs.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
Mage and Warrior burst is absurd

Are you living in the same universe as the rest of us?

Mage and warrior burst?

Mage is barely top 5 after IW nerf plus requires setup and warrior damage, burst or otherwise, is pitiful.

Try: Ret, BM, Ele burst is absurd. See, much better.

Facts, do you use them?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Are you living in the same universe as the rest of us?

Mage and warrior burst?

Mage is barely top 5 after IW nerf plus requires setup and warrior damage, burst or otherwise, is pitiful.

Try: Ret, BM, Ele burst is absurd. See, much better.

Facts, do you use them?

He goes on to say hunters are fine. That says everything about this guy right there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]