Are Resto Druids ever gonna get a buff?

90 Pandaren Shaman
We currently have gotten Zero buffs since mop hit. All other classes have ethier been buffed or nerfed. Blizz is just ignoring the druid class like it didn't even exist.
Shrooms Do Nothing, They hit for 6k Waste of 3 Globals. Innervate is !@#$ 20% Mana , 3 Minute Cooldown? Priest get a mana cooldown that gives 15% Mana on a 1 minute cooldown. The Base Mana cost of Rejuv is Way to high considering that's our main Healing output spell where we blanket the raid with rejuvs while huge raid damage is going out. We also need a buff on all of our healing spells with Atleast an Extra 7 - 12% of our Base Spellpower.
- Totems
Buff Druids Before 5.2 not 10.0.
Edited by Totemtown on 12/8/2012 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
I feel like Druids are right where Blizzard wants us to be. We're aren't OP, we're not UP. Just right in the middle and that seems good to me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Were terrible. Monks are !@#$ right now and there better then resto druids. There just starting to buff monks and Not even looking at druids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ghostcrawler has mentioned on twitter that they are fine and dnt need changes, which is not the case.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
12/08/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Zaldrelia
ghostcrawler has mentioned on twitter that they are fine and dnt need changes, which is not the case.
Who's "they?"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Spetnas
Who's "they?"

resto druids the class
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dont understand why mushrooms are complete crap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Pretty sure scaling druid are really bad.

Maybe ultimately GC want to make everyone like resto druid, where they should be, but that's doesn't justified that now shaman and pally much higher where they shouldn't be.

Stealing from EJ/EU Forum

-------------------------------------------------------
What to compare ? aoe healing or direct healing ? even our small heal (nourish) is the worse from all small heals .

"Note: it should be kept in mind that base mana for Priests/Monks do not have any modifiers and their base mana is 300k.

Druids - Nourish - 10.2% base mana, heals for 6151-7148 (+61.4% spell power). Will heal for an additional 20% if a HoT is on the target.

Shaman - Healing Wave - 9.9% base mana, heals for 7790-8899 (+75.6% spell power). If glyphed, will heal the caster for 20% of the amount healed.

Paladin - Holy Light - 12.6% base mana, heals for 8390-9347 (+75.5% spell power).

Priest - Heal - 1.9% base mana, heals for 9848-11443 (+102.4% spell power).

Monk - Soothing Mist - 1% base mana, heals for 20552 - 23872 (+17.92% speed power), 8 second channel.
"

"Shamans - get a speed buff to casting their slow heal buff from casting Riptide / Chain Heal, via Tidal Waves, and a chance at mana restoration via Resurgence.

Paladins - get the full Beacon of Light transfer, no other benefit.

Priests - Disc / Holy gain no benefit from casting Heal other than the low cost (have not actively raid healed since Cata so low chance of being incorrect)

Monks - Soothing Mist has a 25% chance to gain 1 Chi and in 5.1 will also activate Power Jabs generate an additional bonus Chi every 22 seconds. Also while Channeling their big heal hot, Enveloping Mist, and their flash heal, Surging Mist, are instant heal.

Druids - refreshing lifebloom and mastery.
"
-----------------------------------------------------

Resto druids mana regen is linier, while others are exponential.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Resto could be modified quite nicely with a couple of possibilities.

1) Change Living Seed to be an absorb mechanic (not a heal) which lasts for 15 seconds, and is triggered by all critical healing. For periodic effects, have it grant a shield equal to 30% of heal and make it stackable up to a maximum similar to divine aegis/illuminated healing.

2) Buff shrooms so they provide a HoT effect after explosion. Increase cost 50%, but add a HoT over 12 seconds equal to the initial heal of 3 (regardless of how many shrooms hit someone). so instead of a 6k heal per shroom it'd be 6k per shroom and an 18k/12 second hot.

3) Make shrooms cap at 6 targets with diminishing effects so instead of 6k to 25 raiders, they are balanced to provide 24k but are diminished by number of players over 6.

Personally, i'm in favour of number 1. Buffing living seed to an absorb effect and having it proc off anything would be an interesting mechanic to buff numbers without buffing overall power too sharply in either PVE or PVP.
Reply Quote
The problem is pvp vs. pve. Resto druids have mobility out the balls in pvp, so if you buff their healing overall they become unstoppable healing machines. It's a tough class to tweak.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Ripcage
The problem is pvp vs. pve. Resto druids have mobility out the balls in pvp, so if you buff their healing overall they become unstoppable healing machines. It's a tough class to tweak.

and they need it. my better geared druid healing output is worse than my weaker geared hpally atm.

rdruids arent op in pvp contrary to threads evn the devs in their video mention "rdruids are ok healers" in pvp.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid

and they need it. my better geared druid healing output is worse than my weaker geared hpally atm.

rdruids arent op in pvp contrary to threads evn the devs in their video mention "rdruids are ok healers" in pvp.

This is probably true. I had a Palidan in half blues(1 pvp to boot) right behind me in a LFR Garalon encounter. I usually test out things in LFR so I log it. The crazy thing is he actually beat me on 1 fight lol. The best part is even though he topped for that fight, I was closer to the ranking limit for Druids than He was for Palidans. lol Send Help!!!
Edited by Balferest on 12/9/2012 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Spetnas
I feel like Druids are right where Blizzard wants us to be. We're aren't OP, we're not UP. Just right in the middle and that seems good to me.

Uh you do LFRs....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

Uh you do LFRs....

Whoops, you actually only do normals.
Edited by Fleurs on 12/9/2012 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

Fleurs you're terrible. Go die

YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Fleurs

Uh you do LFRs....

Yes. But I have wonderful green locks and I'm prettier than him. Thus, my opinion out ways his. Heck I'm prettier than you.... Ugly troll woman
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

Yes. But I have wonderful green locks and I'm prettier than him. Thus, my opinion out ways his. Heck I'm prettier than you.... Ugly troll woman

Green implies you never wash your hair. You got all dat fungus and algae or moss and some !@#$ growin there bro.

AT LEAST I GOT MY PIGTAIL.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid

Green implies you never wash your hair. You got all dat fungus and algae or moss and some !@#$ growin there bro.

AT LEAST I GOT MY PIGTAIL.

This is untrue! Also, a pigtail that's an actual pigtail is not attractive in the least!

In all seriousness though my progression is not as good as it should be. We've had a lot of retirees(5 year minimum players), people that moved ect. So we haven't been as actively raiding as much as we have in the past lately. We weren't bleeding edge but it's been a loooooong time since I've felt this far behind:(

LOL i'm the guy being told to "get some heroics under the belt". OMG
Edited by Balferest on 12/9/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Yeah I feel ya. We're out of 2 weeks worth of raiding because of 1. Holidays, 2. IRL problems with our monk healer. He went MIA for a whole week, and we had no sub... So.... We're quite behind.

But regardless of that, I still feel resto is lacking. I was healing Empress with our rsham (our monk wasn't there, not surprised), and holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy crappppppppp was that f'ing intense. I mean granted I was only using 6500 spirit and I had less than optimized gear for resto, but I felt like I was just barely able to breathe with my mana. I had to play to absolute perfection or else my rsham counterpart would be solohealing.

And then the icing on the cake, every single fear in the last phase was on him and I.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]