Friday December 7, 2012

90 Night Elf Mage
Pearl Harbor Day. Thanks to all who have served this great country.

On a lighter note: it seems a certain guild SMC has fled in the face of humor and punditry. Wow. I did not know they were so thin skinned. They have pulled their thread. Oh well.

Muffins must have been the straw.......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have been pet battling. I now have the spirit dailies unlocked. :3
Reply Quote
Did I miss something?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
A coworker's mother runs a shop that does these interesting yogurt mixtures with all sorts of fruits and jellies and such. I've been convinced to try one. The smallest ... is a hefty 20 oz cup with a curved lid, pretty much filled to the rim with fruit. O_O Oh ... my.

I fixed what I brokeded after a lot of finagling. I know more about MySQL and PhP than I intended to learn. I'm also learning about IPs that need to be banned and continuing the long process of pruning users that were created just to spam. Ah, the joys of forum maintenance.

Somehow, even as NaNoWriMo is over, and another challenge I was doing for 12 weeks is over ... I'm busier than ever. And I don't even have Christmas shopping or any holiday related stuff to blame! I keep meaning to log into WOW and then it's 1 am or later and I need sleep more.

/tar Bite
/HUUG

Greetings Sentinels!

How have YOU been?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Swingy, you can't expect people to take the most negatively viewed guild on the server seriously when a recruitment thread like that is posted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
^ ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/07/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Sinlinara
Swingy, you can't expect people to take the most negatively viewed guild on the server seriously when a recruitment thread like that is posted.

The Rogue is correct. Weird a Rogue that is right??

OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD of Warcraft!!!!!

An after spending 2 hours on a damn TDS phone tree for a game. I am offically done Playing Star Wars, an will be forever stuck in WoW
Edited by Rolynn on 12/7/2012 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Sinlinara

Yeah well. That's just like... Your opinion... man. I don't understand where all the hate comes from either. We're just a bunch of dudes who grew up with each other as Sentinels natives/players having a good time / doing what we enjoy as a community. Why so much hate, m8?
Edit: Doublepost lol
Edited by Swingy on 12/7/2012 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I could be wrong, but I think the hate comes from how you guys go about your fun. :/
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Prodon
I could be wrong, but I think the hate comes from how you guys go about your fun. :/

Please, elaborate. Maybe we can solve this problem.
Edited by Swingy on 12/7/2012 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/07/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Swingy

Please, elaborate. Maybe we can solve this problem.
The best I can do is attitude towards others. I honestly do not know for sure though. I stay in my own little fantasy world.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I've heard many stories of people from SMC harassing RPers and otherwise being douches. The thing is that a lot of your fun comes at the expense of other people's fun. Even if you personally don't act like an !@#, I'm certain that most everyone who has been on this server for a while has at least a handful of stories that they can tell as to why they don't like certain people in SMC.
Personally, I'm used to PvPers acting this way so I just don't care most of the time. However, when I hear through one of my channels that someone from SMC is trying to annoy RPers or otherwise inconvenience people somewhere or another for the billionth time I lose yet more respect for the guild.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've heard many stories of people from SMC harassing RPers and otherwise being douches. The thing is that a lot of your fun comes at the expense of other people's fun. Even if you personally don't act like an !@#, I'm certain that most everyone who has been on this server for a while has at least a handful of stories that they can tell as to why they don't like certain people in SMC.
Personally, I'm used to PvPers acting this way so I just don't care most of the time. However, when I hear through one of my channels that someone from SMC is trying to annoy RPers or otherwise inconvenience people somewhere or another for the billionth time I lose yet more respect for the guild.

Pretty much this.

*puts on tinfoil hat*
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 02:26 AMPosted by Sinlinara
I've heard many stories of people from SMC harassing RPers and otherwise being douches.

Okay.
Even if you personally don't act like an !@#, I'm certain that most everyone who has been on this server for a while has at least a handful of stories that they can tell as to why they don't like certain people in SMC.

Were these stories all from, 09/Wrath? The guild has been pretty mellow since the LK days and with Avengar quitting.
However, when I hear through one of my channels that someone from SMC is trying to annoy RPers or otherwise inconvenience people somewhere or another for the billionth time I lose yet more respect for the guild.

Let me make it clear that it's not I or any other member's intention to maliciously target and disrupt RPers.
Edited by Swingy on 12/8/2012 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Swingy
Were these stories all from, 09/Wrath? The guild has been pretty mellow since the LK days and with Avengar quitting.

The most recent one was about a year ago when I still played on Sentinels back in January. It was specifically from one of the Servitors of Lothar, I believe complaining about their Tuesday Takeover being interrupted. I have not heard anything about the guild since.

12/08/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Swingy
Let me make it clear that it's not I or any other member's intention to maliciously target and disrupt RPers.

I am glad to hear this, however it doesn't clear up any of the negative emotions towards the guild. Unfortunately, people are going to continue to talk about you as if you were exactly that way because of the history that the guild has. It's sad that that is the way that people work. Sometimes people just need someone to hate, and I'm not going to exclude myself from that.
For example, I know that Duskguard is a solid guild with upstanding people. But, because of how Deroxx acted while in the guild I still can't look at Duskguard without getting a bad taste in my mouth. So while it is admirable that you're trying to be serious and mellow about all of this, it is an uphill battle against the views that people aspire to the guild.

If you want to be taken seriously as a guild you need to do some work to change how people view the guild. One way to do that is to stick to that mellow and serious ideal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The goal of most on this servers seems to be/been to just have fun. When people act like a$$hats it reflects on all who are associated with them, unfortunately. My original post about your recruitment thread was intended as a jest. The fact that it was taken out of context and blown up, by you, is not my intent. SMC means nothing to me and has never caused me any grief. I just poke fun at things and your post was ripe with targets. ;-)))

I will refrain from bothering you again ever, unless you post something that I find appealing. Yes my sense of humor is warped, but now you have been warned. Besides, this IS the interwebs..........
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]