Ranged Weapon RNG - Incoming Rant

90 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah, yeah I know it's only pixels and my pain over losing out on an epic weapon week after week is small potatoes compared to real human suffering. But now that we've gotten that out of the way...

A hunter friend of mine runs Terrace of Endless Spring first time last night and whispers me to show off his new Taoren, the Soul Burner. This is after he's gotten Fang Kung, Spark of Titans twice. Another hunter friend gets Fang Kung, Spark of Titans first time running Moshu'gan Vaults.

Me? I've got this really cool Houndmaster's Compound Crossbow that I obviously must not want to replace because I've been running LFR since the xpac but have never seen the bow or the gun drop. I save my Elder Charms for the bosses who drop weapons but all I ever get is another 28 gold.

Fortunately Blizzard foresaw this might be an issue so they provided an epic crafted weapon for those of us who can't seem to catch a break in LFR. Oh wait, they didn't provide an epic crafted weapon.

Sigh. My guild is very casual now so I am dependent on LFR for my weapon. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to run LFR anymore because I get seriously bummed when another week goes by with nothing to show for my efforts. I want to at least feel I have a chance, but at this point it feels hopeless and pointless instead of fun and exciting.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
/hugs Tygerlilly. It is random, but it feels icky. This too will pass and until then, good luck and happy hunting!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I got the Taoren, the Soul Burner on my first run through. Finally got a trinket last time. Seems like I went a few weeks of zero drops then I started getting a few lucky rolls. RNG sucks !@#... Not much you can do about it.
Edited by Shamrunt on 12/7/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
And when it finally does drop its going to keep dropping for the next 3 weeks in a row LOL
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I stopped raiding on my hunter, but i've seen normal Fang Kung and Gaoren drop several times on my main's raid team.

We have no hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've gotten the Yaungol Slayer's Gloves off the sha a total of four times now, I miss being able to hand them off to another raid member but such is life in a random world.

G'Luck
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Catarisper
/hugs Tygerlilly. It is random, but it feels icky. This too will pass and until then, good luck and happy hunting!
Thanks. Hugs help :)

12/07/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Kalorea
I feel ya. Take a look at my weapon. I have the same luck.
At least I'm not alone in my misery :-<
Reply Quote
Dude, it took me 7 months to get my ranged weapon in ICC and 5 months to get my bow off of DW. I feel you :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Welcome to my world. During Cata, on my alt (also a hunter), I ran Madness 13 times, never had the bow drop once. I gave up and stopped playing that hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Oh, and yeah, I'm sporting a nice blue bow myself. I'm not expecting an epic anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Me? I've got this really cool Houndmaster's Compound Crossbow that I obviously must not want to replace because I've been running LFR since the xpac but have never seen the bow or the gun drop. I save my Elder Charms for the bosses who drop weapons but all I ever get is another 28 gold.

There there... You are not alone... You can armory my hunter and see ta all I need is just an epic bow which LFR doesn't want to give me... :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thought I'd drop by and update you all on my progress. After running this week's LFR I'm still sporting this awesome Houndmaster's Compound Crossbow.

Now excuse me while I go cry in the corner; fellow hunters cursed by the LFR RNG Gods are welcome to join me in my misery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Doing better then my buddy, has not gotten ONE range wep drop in raids or heroics. He was forced to rock a pvp bow :(

Not doing much better here but there are others worse off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Another week of LFR down the tubes...

This is so frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I see your 12 attempts and raise you to my 16... Coins on all attempts as well. Isn't RNG glorious!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]