So let me get this right...

90 Goblin Rogue
12/08/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Unsung? They *better* be making a song of me soon!

I promise as soon as Blizzard makes a bard class I'll make a song about you.
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
Unsung? They *better* be making a song of me soon!

<demands satisfaction>
http://youtu.be/jBfygUiS50g Your song.

Odd, this was my first thought...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VbImuG71M
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The question for me is not "why am I not neutral," but why am I not the freakin king - er, queen - of Stormwind. I mean, honestly. If Varian could do the stuff I've done, he would've done it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
GG
because there are many people like you and if they were all given the things they want that they storyline-wise deserve ... well... i have no idea. i'm an idiot so how would i know. why am i even here.

blizzard is getting the better half of the playing-game-for-money deal, i guess.
Edited by Gotnov on 12/8/2012 7:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Well storywise there are only a few adventurers running around. Adventurers like in other fantasy games are basically talented individuals with gear that multiplies their talent.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Ashlynara
You still singing this same song? Your last thread wasn't enough opining. I guess a savior of Azeroth has seen and done it all and nothing better to do.

My last thread wasn't enough 'opining'? Sorry, do elaborate. 'What last thread?' 'What do you mean?'

Additionally, as a savior of Azeroth the least that can be done is shown some gratitude for all of my efforts inside the game, around those very same ingrates whom I have saved at least 8 times now.

12/08/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Maurdeth
We don't do what we do for fleeting recognition.

Fleeting?! No no... This is not something that just comes and goes! This is something that truly must be shown to each and every person in such a position as myself. We have earned the right thus far to be recognized as legitimate heroes. I am not asking for statues or golden cloaks the length of football fields - merely to be shown the due respect I deserve by our fellow NPCs.

Consider Azeroth still being in one piece, and that your ilk even have a relatively safe home you get to see every day reward enough for your endeavors.

What more need you, really? Really?

Well... To be honest... The shifty eyes and the lolling, drooling tongues of the Horde to stop is another thing I could stand to have pass. I am tired of being looked at as a food source for my people. Does a food source go and put Ragnaros down? How about C'Thun? The Lich King?

No. I am not some mere cow to be slaughtered by friend and foe alike. I am a war hero whom has saved Azeroth time and again. I don't see anybody else getting the googly eyes - in a bad way - every time they enter a new town. O.o

Would the recognition be worth it if your home land were besieged by your enemies, if the very foundations of the world began to falter under the might of an immensely powerful being, hell-bent on eradicating all life on Azeroth?

Actually... Yes, it would. Morale is a very, very powerful thing. Having a renowned and decorated war hero who has saved Azeroth on several occasions at your side would do wonders to help retaliation affairs.

How about the death of your closest friends, your family, those you love?

You risk all this and more with your pursuit of fame.

I do not seek that sort of fame. However, I will say it again: I merely wish for due recognition by our fellow members. Nothing more.

No houses in my families name. No totems to my ancestors. No monuments in my very honor.

Nothing of that sort. Just a simple: "Thanks for saving my [bleeeeeeep!] back there... again!" Would more than suffice.

That you can't sit comfortably knowing your accomplishments have saved lives innumerable is most perplexing.

I have pretty much made the fact known that I know I have saved a countless amount of lives - yet I receive absolutely NOTHING in return for it.

For example, yet again: Tirion Fordring is the renowned and most famous/powerful Paladin walking and breathing on Azeroth. He is known by literally EVERYBODY and receives the respect he deserves - yet has done virtually NOTHING at all. Why? What has he honestly done that he can hold a candle to my accomplishments so far, that he gets all of this respect and honor from those around him that I don't even get a simple 'Thank you.'

12/08/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Arkimus
http://youtu.be/jBfygUiS50g Your song.

Not a bad song! But, alas, all I wish for is a simple "Thank you for all of your efforts to saving my !@#$! /bow"

Odd, this was my first thought...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VbImuG71M

Not cool! >:(

12/08/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Lmcm
The question for me is not "why am I not neutral," but why am I not the freakin king - er, queen - of Stormwind. I mean, honestly. If Varian could do the stuff I've done, he would've done it.

<laughing> Yeah, I suppose so.

I'd much rather replace Baine myself and be the leader of my peoples. I'd definitely take them down the path we so rightfully belong on instead of with somebody who commits mass genocide for the benefit of himself and his peoples only. I do not even comprehend why we are still with the Horde after everything he has done so far, and even the Trolls will be in an uproar soon enough and defecting - and with them has a chance for the Goblins to defect as well.

12/08/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Gotnov
blizzard is getting the better half of the playing-game-for-money deal, i guess.

Umm... No.

12/08/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Aerosia
Well storywise there are only a few adventurers running around. Adventurers like in other fantasy games are basically talented individuals with gear that multiplies their talent.

Indeed. But why is it that I am getting the Cloak&Dagger approach? I am no assassin... I am given personal summons by peoples of extreme interest and I carry out their will - 9/10 their will be that I save the World. Again.

I save the world and I get a pat on the back and a financial fee for damage repairs to some building I was not even near, or I have to go and repair all of my equipment to some Blacksmith who should be more than obliged to fix my gear for absolutely free in the slums of some place whose name I don't even know because there are no signs!

--------------

I will be back in a few hours. >.<* Discussion on my end will have to be on hold for a bit.

Unexpected events are unexpected, but I shall return!
Edited by Bretherezen on 12/8/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
12/08/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Why, oh why, am I not neutral yet?

Would be nice to have that option.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/08/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Because we are nameless heros who will always be; "Those people"

Bolvar specifically asked for him to never be mentioned of - that he was dead.

Tirion Fordring then turned around and created a magical monument in his honor depicting everything that happened after - and during - the Lich King drew his final breath.

If Tirion Fordring is allowed to do such a despicable thing (breaking a solemn vow) then I am allowed to be a recognized and renowned Hero!

The Lore char's get all the fame, we are just the mighty stepping stone that helps them.

Yeah... I don't like that...

They need to start helping *me* for a change if they want *my* continued aid.

----------------------

<appears on Channel 9 Television>

News Reporter: "This just in! A Tauren Hunter that has been working in the dark under the banner of the Horde is seeking to sue said Faction for recognition trade agreements! Appariently he feels as though the recognition is due upon him because he has done <insert long list of accomplishments here>, and has received extremely poor rewards for his service."

Recording of my voice with a blacked out portrait: "Indeed I am. I am tired - absolutely tired - of saving this planet from calamities and receiving absolutely nothing in return for it but the next calamity to repair. I am working myself [bleeeeep!] near to the bone in order to make sure each and every person on Azeroth - no matter who they are - are able to sleep soundly at night, knowing that tomorrow will come. I am sick and tired of receiving absolutely nothing for my hard work, blood and sweat! I just am!"

News Reporter: "But when we asked him if this was being a tad-bit too selfish he only replied with:"

Recording of my voice with a blacked out portrait: "No. No it is not selfish of me to want recognition for my deeds thus far. Considering all I have done, the least you can do is recognize that I have done these feats - and thank me each and every time you draw breath."

News Reporter: "More after this break!"

<commercial>

Actually, if we want to uh...Be kind of technical, the ability to view the scene while in-game is just a mechanic. The statue itself is of generic Alliance and Horde heroes around Tirion, and the plaque doesn't describe that Bolvar is now the new Lich King.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Part of the reason WE the players are in Pandaria is because we are Nazgrim/Taylor's most seasoned veterans. So we are being recognized somewhat.

As for not being neutral, there are too many old hatreds getting in the way. You as a tauren could never be completely neutral because of what the Alliance did at Camp Taurajo. There are reasons for every race not being neutral.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Maybe the number of times you've died during those feats and been given another chance reduced your rank.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Eh, the game really doesn't represent well any of the past achievements or strength of the characters who've been around since day 1, but then again... they really can't.

We can't be both recognized for the pseudo-gods we are AND have new progressive content - it would make all of Pandaria basically a moot point.

Think about it - the Pandaren couldn't even be a thing - they've lived the cushiest, wussiest lives of any race ever. They didn't even know that corporeal undeath was a thing until we showed up. They can't even handle freakin' BUNNIES, and we've offed GODS. How could they even hope to compete if that was represented fully?

Likewise, how could monks ever hope to be a thing? With Death Knights, as a "Hero" class it's at least partially understood that a lot of their power and prowess comes from both having been seasoned veterans to begin with, then adding a dose of necromantic steroids. The Monks? ...

I have more experience in combat than you have in EXISTING. I'm a veteran of every front from the Second War on, you didn't come onto the scene until literally every other crisis the world has faced has died down and we're off on this nifty Pandaren VACATION.

In the end, there's really just an undercurrent of disbelief one has to suspend if they want the game to keep going. Yes, it would have been hilarious if our response to Taren Zhu was "!@#$" and then punting him over the horizon like a furry oversized gnome, but for the purposes of the story, the game just can't operate like that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Belgir
Maybe the number of times you've died during those feats and been given another chance reduced your rank.

Hahahaha! Good one. <laughing>

Possibly so, but then again, I can just use the whole Bronze Dragonflight card and say I never really died, but went back in time over and over to try again. :/

12/08/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Dryker
How could they even hope to compete if that was represented fully?

Shado-Pan are the only true warriors of the Pandaren, the rest are simple-lived folk who run their ordinary lives oblivious to the Sha (they all thought the Sha to be a myth, really.)

Likewise, how could monks ever hope to be a thing? With Death Knights, as a "Hero" class it's at least partially understood that a lot of their power and prowess comes from both having been seasoned veterans to begin with, then adding a dose of necromantic steroids. The Monks? ...

I have more experience in combat than you have in EXISTING. I'm a veteran of every front from the Second War on, you didn't come onto the scene until literally every other crisis the world has faced has died down and we're off on this nifty Pandaren VACATION.

'The student will always surpass the Master' comes to mind when I think of this argument of yours. Sure, the Monks may not have actually 'lived' during the calamities we have faced on and off on a regular basis, but that does not mean they they are inexperienced or weak. If anything it just means that they now have a chance to prove themselves.

In the end, there's really just an undercurrent of disbelief one has to suspend if they want the game to keep going.

I just want to walk down the streets of Orgrimmar, or, hell, even just the roads of Thunderbluff and Mulgore alike and be told 'Thank you' for everything I have done to this point in the game. I doubt that is too hard to ask.

Again, no statues/monuments, buildings, newspapers, armor, etc in my honor... Just a simply wave and 'thank you' and I will be a happy Tauren.

Yes, it would have been hilarious if our response to Taren Zhu was "!@#$" and then punting him over the horizon like a furry oversized gnome,

>.>... <puts his leg down while Taran Zhu turns around to talk to him> "Stupid story plot.."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
I just want to walk down the streets of Orgrimmar, or, hell, even just the roads of Thunderbluff and Mulgore alike and be told 'Thank you' for everything I have done to this point in the game. I doubt that is too hard to ask.
I just want the women. Seriously, where's the groupies hanging on to me, begging to do anything I want?

Again, no statues/monuments, buildings, newspapers, armor, etc in my honor... Just a simply wave and 'thank you' and I will be a happy Tauren.
I, on the other hand, will be happy to have a statue to my ego. I'm also fine with the sculptor taking such liberties as having me posing on top of Deathwing's decapitated head, while dual-wielding Frostmourne and Ashbringer (with Shadowmourne strapped to my back as a backup weapon), with a scantily-clad Draenei female clinging to my leg and looking up at me in adoration.
Edited by Osoroshii on 12/8/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/08/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Why, oh why, am I not neutral yet?

Because you are a HERO of the Horde and you have your duties. When you friend Vol'jin asks you to stay close to Garrosh, you do it for your friend. When you buddy Thrall needs you to continue with that you were doing in Pandaria, you do it.

In short, you are a HERO, act like one.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Why are these foolish pandas not worshiping me as a Goddess?

I control evil, demons are my slaves... yet they just smile & offer me food.

I CONTROL FIRE & DARKNESS!

OBEY ME DAMMIT!

Caitie,. sorry you are too late. My dear wife has that honour, and you do NOT want to argue with she who wields the Claymore of Horrific Pain™ .

You were not prepared!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I just want the women. Seriously, where's the groupies hanging on to me, begging to do anything I want?

12/08/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Osoroshii
I, on the other hand, will be happy to have a statue to my ego. I'm also fine with the sculptor taking suck liberties as having me posing on top of Deathwing's decapitated head, while dual-wielding Frostmourne and Ashbringer (with Shadowmourne strapped to my back as a backup weapon), with a scantily-clad Draenei female clinging to my leg and looking up at me in adoration.

This, sadly, is where we differ greatly.

12/08/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Thera
In short, you are a HERO, act like one.

And Heroes are shown their due recognition by the masses, not spit on and told 'get back to work, peon.'

You seem to not understand what it is I am asking for. I am not complaining that I am running all over Azeroth and Outland saving countless peoples from total and utter annihilation. I am complaining that I have, not once (aside from the Aspects just previously) received my due 'Thanks' from ANYBODY.

12/08/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Zhenogre
Claymore of Horrific Pain™ .

I take it you are on the receiving end often? <laughs>

12/08/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Zhenogre
You were not prepared!!!!

Were?! Well, I am now!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
'careful what you wish for, look what happened to Cairne Bloodhoof after all he did for us...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I take it you are on the receiving end often? <laughs>

*Dignified sniff*

A true gentleman never tells, good sir

....(small voice)....yes....:/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Huachuca
'careful what you wish for, look what happened to Cairne Bloodhoof after all he did for us...

Garrosh accepted Cairne's challenge to rule the Horde through Honorable Combat. Garrosh then made the massive mistake of trusting Magatha's [bleeeeeeep!][bleeeeeeeep!] and Cairne died for it.

Not that he wouldn't have died anyway - it was a match to the death. Garrosh was actually losing until the poison kicked in.

Magatha, by all rights, should have been executed by Garrosh for her betrayal and sullying a duel of honor between two warriors. But that is just another reason I hate Garrosh.

*Dignified sniff*

A true gentleman never tells, good sir

....(small voice)....yes....:/

<gently pats on the shoulder while staring at the horizon>

It's okay... I understand.

At least you do not have a sick and twisted, kniving and meniacle, friend of a Blood Elf that wants to eat you...
Edited by Bretherezen on 12/8/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]