changes to daily cooldowns

90 Draenei Paladin
For over a year now I have submitted many tickets regarding Blizzard's appalling attitude regarding daily cooldowns. As a last resort I am making my first ever forum post in addition to opening another 10+ in game tickets this week.

Why does blizzard feel the need to change the daily cooldowns a couple of times every year?
What purpose does this achieve apart from making players angry?

If blizz insists on irritating players by making unnecessary changes to daily cooldowns, WHEN WILL THEY AT LEAST GIVE WARNING OF THE CHANGES BEFORE THEY OCCUR?

This week blizz finally announced a change to daily cooldowns here https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/thread/31707325 which was great because for the first time that I know of, the change was advertised. Then a couple of days later they changed the times again on Caelestrasz for the SECOND TIME in 1 week. So now we have a current post on the forums saying the CD is 3am AEST and the cooldowns actually resetting at 2am AEST.

First question: What benefit is there from changing daily cooldowns several times a year? I see none.
Second question: If blizz insists on robbing players of their CD's a few times a year (and a couple of times this week!) why aren't we given some sort of notice before this happens?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Pathrasaa:
For over a year now I have submitted many tickets regarding Blizzard's appalling attitude regarding daily cooldowns. As a last resort I am making my first ever forum post in addition to opening another 10+ in game tickets this week.

They must love you. :O :D
Reply Quote
2 Undead Priest
yup.. they're changing the reset times just to screw with you.. not to fix other things that are broken in the game... only to mess with you.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
12/09/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Coldren
yup.. they're changing the reset times just to screw with you.. not to fix other things that are broken in the game... only to mess with you.
Maybe try and explain the things it fix's or how it fix's anything instead of saying nothing useful or insightful such as that.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Wow, you sound extremely self-entitled. Perhaps you could elaborate on these "frequent" changes.

Pre-WotLK, more then 4-years ago, I remember the cooldown being a static 24 hours. So if you logged in a 10pm one day, you couldn't just log in after work the next day, as you cooldown didn't reset until 10pm.

At some point during WotLK (perhaps even at the start), the cooldown was lowered to 23 hours, so you had to log in at 9pm rather then 10pm.

The next change, presumably at the start of Cata, was the daily reset at midnight each night, so as long as you logged in once a day, your cooldown was up, regardless of when you last used it.

That system worked great up until 5.1, but was confusing for some indiividuals because of all the different reset times. So as part of the timezone changes for the fishing tournaments, Blizzard felt it was best to try and streamline resets better.

Beyond that, any reset changes have pretty much been patch and hotfix glitches that needed to be corrected and not intended changes...or am I missing something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]