Does PvP power increase healer damage?

1 Gnome Priest
They removed the healing component of PvP power from DPS hybrids like Ret, but does it do anything to increase damage for healing specs in PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not anymore. they nerfed healer damage from pvp power into nonexistence. as such it's kinda bad compared to int now.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
That's insanity. One of the great things about being a healer is the versatility in PvP where you had to switch over to DPS when you had a kill window open. What are you supposed to do when that window opens now? Hurl insults at the focus target?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
pretty much. they don't seem to want healers dpsing in pvp and dps healing in pvp. at least not well.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
Found it in the patch notes. Horrible, horrible, horrible change. Did a single person anywhere on the forums complain about healers doing too much damage in PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
resto druids could global people with HOTW. i assume that's why it was implemented. that's the only healer i saw doing good dmg.
Edited by Keirisonis on 12/9/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
12/09/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Keirisonis
resto druids could global people with HOTW. i assume that's why it was implemented. that's the only healer i saw doing good dmg.

That could have easily been fixed by looking at the talent itself. Smite healing in PvP was barely viable before the nerf, and now it's gone. Does Blizzard just want healers to heal in PvP and do nothing else? I'm not one of those "change this or I quit" people. But I may quit leveling up a healer ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It was never viable... smite healing wasn't. holy fre was the only viable part cus you could make it instant. and even then you gave up something better. smite was just too easy to interrupt.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
Even without PvP power DPS self healing is really strong while healer DPS is just some kind of sick joke. A 90 healer hitting someone is like some level 70 DPS trying to kill you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The change to pvp power doesn't seem like it was really intended to lower the dmg of healers. It was more to lower the healing of dps specs like boomkins, shadow priests, etc. Healer dmg just got boned in the process.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
12/09/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Barbo
The change to pvp power doesn't seem like it was really intended to lower the dmg of healers. It was more to lower the healing of dps specs like boomkins, shadow priests, etc. Healer dmg just got boned in the process.

The developers didn't have to make the change to PvP Power to affect healers. In fact I don't recall seeing any developer bring it up. I only ever saw blues say that they should take away the healing bonus from DPS that also have healing spells (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone). That they nerfed healer DPS in PvP without explanation or warning is perplexing to me.

Was the intention to make players decide between int and PvP Power?
Edited by Wowthinker on 12/10/2012 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
12/09/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Barbo

That doesn't make any sense. Taking PvP power damage away from healers has nothing to do with the healing a boomkin does.

The real shame here is that the blues don't even seem to acknowledge the change.. haven't seen a single one mention it on any medium yet.

It's a really confusing change too, since the healing specs it effects the most are the worst choices in PvP right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]