So, Vol'jin...

90 Tauren Hunter
So, from the Dagger in the Dark scenario, we learn that Vol'jin doesn't approve of using magic to "create life."

If that's the case, why hasn't he said anything about Lady Sylvanas using the valkyr to resurrect new Forsaken forces?

Discuss.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I mean... We just raise the bodies so that the people can live again. They were already alive.

The Mogu literally mold flesh and bone to create creatures bred for the sole purpose of slaughter and war.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Because faction leaders only know/comment things if it's beneficial to Metzen.

Remember the only time he did anything before Mists was taking back the Isles.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Sylvanas employs dark and terrible magic that once threatened every living being on Azeroth to create an army that does almost the same exact thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I guess this thread title should also be: "Why are Horde Leaders massive hypocrites?"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Because your beard is epic?

/swoon~
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
12/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Bestiarius
Sylvanas employs dark and terrible magic that once threatened every living being on Azeroth to create an army that does almost the same exact thing.

Which is also a direct affront to the Darkspear Loa of the Dead and peaceful slumber.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/09/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Bestiarius
I guess this thread title should also be: "Why are Horde Leaders massive hypocrites?"

"Because Blizzard is lousy at writing believable political conflict."

Seriously. Unless they somehow pull a magic rabbit out of their hat and redeem what they have been doing to the Zandalar in some way, at this point I'm just engaging with lore on a superficial "know the facts, facepalm whenever needed, and RP for the fun bits" way.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Bestiarius

It comes from trying to mash together too many contrary themes in a non confrontational manner.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Garrosh before: Talks about honor/respect and never forsaking it. Learns mercy. Against the slaughter of children and innocents.
Garrosh after: Uses corrupted behemoths, mana bomb, evil mogu artifacts. Declares every man, woman and child to serve the Horde army. Attempts to kill a child (Anduin).

Sylvanas before: More than eager to plague bomb the entire city of Gilneas, even against Garrosh's orders, and most of Lordaeron to ensure Forsaken superiority.
Sylvanas after: "GOLLY GEE I DUNNO, GARROSH. USING A BOMB AGAINST THERAMORE MIGHT MAKE THE ALLIANCE ANGRY!"

Lor'themar before: Wishes the Horde would finally trust his people.
Lor'themar after: When things don't go his way, attempts to join the Alliance.

Vol'jin before: Is against the use of dark magic/necromancy.
Vol'jin after: Says nothing about Sylvanas and her valkyr, but once Garrosh has plans on doing almost the same exact thing, thinks Garrosh is GOING TO FAR!

Baine: Only one that's consistent, ei still boring.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Because Vol'jin has 99 problems but Sylvanas ain't one.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Bestiarius
Baine: Only one that's consistent, ei still boring.

Velen and Baine are planning something together.

It shall be grand.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
So, from the Dagger in the Dark scenario, we learn that Vol'jin doesn't approve of using magic to "create life."

If that's the case, why hasn't he said anything about Lady Sylvanas using the valkyr to resurrect new Forsaken forces?

Discuss.

Probably hasn't come up. Lordaeron is an entire ocean away, and it seems Vol'jin don't leave the Echo Isles too much.

Seems ta me the faction leaders don't worry too much about the affairs of the other factions until their problems come home ta roost.
Edited by Kopperschott on 12/9/2012 9:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Lavielle
Because Vol'jin has 99 problems but Sylvanas ain't one.

I love you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well what's he going to do about Sylvanas? Declare war on her, get booted from the Horde, and have his people be crushed? He may not like what she's doing, but he sure as hell can't do anything about it. He can kill mogu for forging life because, well, he's not in need of their allegiance.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Not declare war on her, but at least SAY something that would justify his stance against Garrosh other than Garrosh being a big jerkface.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/09/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Bestiarius
Not declare war on her, but at least SAY something that would justify his stance against Garrosh other than Garrosh being a big jerkface.

Here's the thing, for all we know he HAS said things. Remember that Sylvie started raising people in Cata, after Garrosh took power. Remember also that Garrosh called her out on it during the Silverpine chain as leader of the Horde, so Vol'Jin may have heard of it and so forth but the mater was already dealt with presumably. Well as far as he knew anyhow, and he's probably more concerned with the whole 'Threatening to kill Garrosh and being generally antagonistic towards him before getting poisoned' bit.

It's stated during the quest that Vol'Jin has pretty much been left out of the loop at the Echo Islands due to Garrosh's contempt/distrust of him and the Darkspears.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/09/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Aethun
Well what's he going to do about Sylvanas? Declare war on her, get booted from the Horde, and have his people be crushed? He may not like what she's doing, but he sure as hell can't do anything about it. He can kill mogu for forging life because, well, he's not in need of their allegiance.

See, this kind of baffles me.

Why is everyone so willing to believe that the Horde leaders are consistent characters despite being so selective about what conflicts stir them?

I mean, take Thrall.

"Ah, finally, Deathwing is dead. Now I can embrace my role as the World-Shaman and be less concerned with petty politics."

"Garrosh is attacking Theramore."

"Well, that's a problem, but not one for the World-Shaman. I'm mostly concerned about elementals and stuff, not politics."

"He's using elementals from the Firelands to do it."

"Huh. Well, like I said, I'm not interested in politics."

"But...elementals."

"Yes, but they're political elementals."

"He's also summoning kraken--another elemental you kind of have a problem with--and the mana bomb he's using is tampering with the very fabric of reality--of the world. As in, World-Shaman. The guy you are. The world you're supposed to protect."

"No politics."

"He stabbed Vol'jin."

"WHAT?! GAME ON!"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/09/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Bestiarius

This is to replenish numbers of a people who's very existence is being challenged as a mistake of the vilest nature, while they haven't done anything but... Exist. Against their will, at that. It's either take the second chance and make the best of it, work with what ya got, and push back, or be told you have no right to exist and simply die. And before "undead don't deserve to live", I think they beg to differ, because they do in fact have a conscious mind of their own.

With the Mogu techniques, it's killing someone and enslaving their soul, and likely as mentioned above twisting flesh and bone to meet your requirements, and thus making them a mindless, obedient, tortured puppet for nothing else but death. Aside that, it's becoming Garrosh's treacherous decent into true madness, the likes of which can't tell apart Horde from Alliance - he's not doing it because the entirety of his race's fate rests on this one act, he's doing it so he can crush everything and everyone, because he can.
Edited by Alshiva on 12/9/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
12/09/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Alshiva

This is to replenish numbers of a people who's very existence is being challenged as a mistake of the vilest nature, while they haven't done anything but... Exist. Against their will, at that. It's either take the second chance and make the best of it, work with what ya got, and push back, or be told you have no right to exist and simply die. And before "undead don't deserve to live", I think they beg to differ, because they do in fact have a conscious mind of their own.

They're not being challenged because they exist, they're being challenged because they're antagonistic, back stabbing, liars who willingly serve the Horde.

It's not as though the Alliance doesn't have reason for wanting those blight slinging, mass murdering, scourge wannabes to perish.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]