Horde Race for PvP Healing

90 Dwarf Paladin
Sup guys,

im transfering my Hpally for horde to play with some friends and my question is: which race gives HPallys the best benefits pvp wise ?

I would like yo know your opinion based mainly on arena experience and Rbgs as well (but mostly arenas).

I think that stomp seems better than silence, but would like tips from the pros.

Thanks for the help
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Bloodelf have magic resistance passive +have a Aoe silence 2sec

Tauren have a 2 sec stun + Stam passive
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks for the reply but those information i already know :)

Im asking more towards higher rated PvP playing. Which of those abilitys are more useful for PvP in general? (actualy, more arena oriented)

I was thinking, for instance, that stun might be more useful overall when i have Melle on me and my instants are on Cds. If they interrupt my Flash of light getting the stun might save me, whereas silence wont do much.

The silence will be usefull against caster cleaves, but do Hpaladins often get in range to silence them ? And wouldnt the stun be similar since u have to stand near them anyways ?

Thats just a thought, dont know how people feel about those skills at higher ratings.

Please share your opinios.

Thanks in advance for your help
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
tauren also have nature resist.

I loved being a tauren back when I was holy, but that was when we were practically unkillable, and I could effectively tank in pvp. Who needs peels lol?

Now I think it would come down to stomp being more defensive, but torrent being more offensive. I say this because I think that the silence is easier to chain cc with, but the stomp will stop melee from interrupting long enough to get a DL off.

If I had to choose? tauren, but I'm not holy, and I like the look of Belves a lot more
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd say Blood Elves. The stun has a cast time and shares returns on your HoJ. The Silence is instant cast, and the mitigation provided by their resistance outweighs the miniscule stamina buff of the Tauren.

Also, don't underestimate Silence on melee players. I don't know if you've tried Retribution, but Silence completely ruins our days. Same with others, but Death Knights in particular.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The stun shares returns on your HoJ.
Reply Quote

Also, don't underestimate Silence on melee players. I don't know if you've tried Retribution, but Silence completely ruins our days. Same with others, but Death Knights in particular.
Enhance as well. It leaves them with almost nothing now.
Edited by Sharrow on 12/7/2012 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
BE the silence will help offensively and defensively, besides you have blinding light to get that melee off you..
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Horde sucks if you want to go pally. Nothing even comes close to human since you can't be orc or undead.

Tauren is incredibly bad though, Belf is a bit better with the silence.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Horde sucks if you want to go pally. Nothing even comes close to human since you can't be orc or undead.

yea vanguards made a thread in mop beta feedback how its unfair for horde pallies in pvp with no undead to compensate. orcs ar mehh..

well for healing horde its defnitely blood elf. torrent gives mana back which is helpful in long fights like RBGs this is more of pve racial.

mana effieciency was still nowhere near humans double spirit trinket back in the cata days. now with arcane torrent nerf blood elfs ar worse than eva =(. but still better than tauren they hav no mana stuff

Also. the stomp has a cast time and is interruptable arcane doesnt makin it blood elf>>>>tauren.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
I don't know why you'd have to ask. I've won more arena matches with arcane torrent than i can remember. I'd rather be a blood elf paladin than any other race.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Belf is better than Tauren.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blood Elf probably trumps Tauren for PVP healing.

The stamina boost that Endurance grants is minimal at best, negligible at worst, especially in today's gear climate. However, it still beats out Blood Elves... seeing as they only have 3 and none of them are stat racials. However, in the long run this racial will do nothing for you, especially in pvp where damage isnt always predictable.

Blood Elves Arcane Resistance vs Tauren nature resistance is pretty even. However, only mages and druids use Arcane damage, where as shamans, druids, and too a lesser extent monks, rogues, and hunters use nature damage. However, at 1% damage reduction, its rather negligible.

Herbalism vs Arcane Affinity is your call. Which profession do you prefer?

Now, i find Arcane Torrent to be superior to Warstomp in PVP for paladins. Warstomp shares DR with other HoJ. Also, Arcane Torrent grants a small amount of mana back, making it an emergency mana return when you can't get Divine plea off.

All in all, Blood Elf is the way to go. Plus you'll look better in paladin gear and you get a sweet tabard for your lvl 50 quest.

Now, if you had Forsaken as a paladin race, that'll probably blow every other horde race out of the water, and perhaps even rival the Alliance races for the best paladin pvp race.
Edited by Arieus on 12/8/2012 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]