Top Major Glyphs for PVP

90 Blood Elf Warrior
I've been readying a pretty good guide that strongly suggests that you take Death From Above, Hindering Strikes and Bull Rush as your three major glyphs for PVP.

I agree on Death From Above and Bull Rush but was wondering about Hindering Strikes? I already have two reduce movement speed powers (and of the two I really only use Piercing Howl) so a third, that costs so much rage, seems counterproductive.

I was considering, instead, either Enraged Speed, Gag Order, Colossus Smash or Resonating Power (because I use Thunder Clap a lot in battlgrounds).

Any opinions on the best three major glyphs for PVP? Thanks!
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
50% slow off the GCD so you can Staggering Shout instead of Piercing Howl
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well, gag order is out of the question since 5.1, I used colossus smash, but I feel it isnt as effective as it should, since now fight are so bursty that you wont even be able to stack those 3, also tried enraged speed, didnt even notice the diff.
Finally I love hindering strikes, since I always manage my rage properly got plenty to spend on a cc that's off the global cd, it improves a lot your uptime on those sneaky classes, specially during burst.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
The rage savings alone for hindering strikes makes it a great replacement for gag order.

You don't need rating to see that :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Seems to be a lot of Hindering Strike fans here.

Perhaps I should reconsider.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It SHOULD be on thunderclap and not cleave, but whatever.

Sunder isn't a huge deal in PVP now that PVP power and resil are the largest contributing factors to damage.

Only other one I could see is thunderclap.
Reply Quote
49 Troll Shaman
So no more TfB stacking then if you snare with cleave / heroic strike? i thought TfB was our OP goto oneshot macrowtfbbqomg.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
If I take Hindering Strikes, should I be using it with Cleave, Heroic Strikes, or both?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Heroic strike on 3v3, maybe cleave on RBG
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
hindering strike
off gcd
avatar nerf, HS made up for loss mobility
can switch out piercing howl to interrupt shout

dead from above - no brainer

3rd slot is whatever, usually bull rush, blitz, or colossus smash
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
hindering strike
off gcd
avatar nerf, HS made up for loss mobility
can switch out piercing howl to interrupt shout

dead from above - no brainer

3rd slot is whatever, usually bull rush, blitz, or colossus smash

Do you mean Staggering Shout? There is no Interrupt Shout that I can see.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It's the shout talent on the right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/07/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Theodorr
It's the shout talent on the right.

The one on the right is Disrupting Shout, which interrupts spellcasting.

The one of the left is Staggering Shout, which is a 5-second root.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yes, the one on the right interrupts spellcasting.

I think you need to take a step back and read everything again, let it process, then think about what you might want to do with your warrior.
Edited by Theodorr on 12/7/2012 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Yes, the one on the right interrupts spellcasting.

I think you need to take a step back and read everything again, let it process, then think about what you might want to do with your warrior.

Well, I'm a blood elf, so in addition to Pummel, I also have Arcane Torent for interrupting spellcasting, although the latter has a pretty long cd.

I'm thinking about swapping Piercing Howl out for Staggering Shout if I end up taking Hindering Strikes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
For arenas, if you run with any class that slows already, the staggering shout snare is awesome.

Since pretty much every class slows, you will find plenty of uses.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Since your a blood elf, disrupting shout would be extremely good against casters/healers. Pummel first cast 4 sec lockout > 2 sec silence > 4 sec lockout shout > shockwave 4 sec stun. The possibilities are endless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
You both make strong cases.

Staggering or Disrupting? Decisions, decisions ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]