High Elves

70 Night Elf Death Knight
Will we ever see them as a playable race? They have tons of lore to explore and you could make their capital dalaran so it doesn't interfere with blood elves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27UvJrsf9Zc
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
No. Hell no. Hopefully no, never, not going to happen.

But I'm not Blizzard so I can't say for a certainty, but I highly doubt it will ever happen.

You have two playable elf races in the game already, and that's more than enough for any MMO. This is not World of Elfcraft.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Even if they did become playable, modern High elves themselves actually don't use magic that much. As the magistrates and mages were more addicted, most of the accepted the ways of Fel. Most High elves are rangers, there aren't many civilians, at least what we have seen. Making a ranger's group's capital a mage city, a human mage city run by a human, would create some themic problems.

Just place them in Stormwind.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race. The difference between biologically is the same as green orcs and brown orcs, in terms of fel taint. Therefore high elves are political unit that favors the alliance while blood elves either favor the Horde or are loyal to Quel'thalas despite being Horde affiliated.
Thus the only way to play as High elf, is for Quel'thalas to go neutral. Or maybe the Horde should get a human faction that's not part of the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Jetzeppelin
You have two playable elf races in the game already, and that's more than enough for any MMO

Not for Elder Scrolls online.

I like that blizzard's paying some amount of attention to the Elves who didn't take Demon magic, and didn't side with the Horde. I really think it's a story worth telling, and I want to see more of it.

But I really don't know if they'll do this by making them a playable race. The Horde would need a counter, and then that's another big story to tell, whatever it is. They're already trying to share the spotlight between the nations and characters they've got. Time will tell if there's room for more.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/07/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Noitora
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27UvJrsf9Zc

I'd have gone for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=3zNjQecyjE8
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'd have gone for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=3zNjQecyjE8

To put it more succinctly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BL6QvKljo
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/07/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Aurric
Not for Elder Scrolls online.

Elder Scrolls, like Everquest, has always multi-elfed it.

I hold Elder Scrolls in exception because their high elves are crazy fascists. Killing Thalmor is always a pleasure in Skyrim and killing Elderberry Dominion in ESO will be as well.

In Warcraft, where the central races are humans and orcs, of which you only have one playable option for each, elves are a second banana race. The supporting actor. Two's enough.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
In Warcraft, where the central races are humans and orcs, of which you only have one playable option for each, elves are a second banana race. The supporting actor. Two's enough.

I guess that's what you didn't get. High Elves aren't "another elf race".

Not to mention, they ARE already there, as part of the lore, as part of the Alliance. All there done.

Blizzard only have to pull the trigger.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Osiria
I guess that's what you didn't get. High Elves aren't "another elf race".

By "another elf race" I'm talking about playable options.

And as far as Dalaran and the Silver Covenant goes, I think it would be far more awesome if they became the "Evil Former Alliance PvE Enemies" now that Scarlet Crusade are supposedly done.

Dalaran Raid FTW!
Edited by Jetzeppelin on 12/7/2012 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/07/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Damila
Thus the only way to play as High elf, is for Quel'thalas to go neutral.

That makes no sense, since the High Elves don't live in Quel'thalas anymore.

There's the High Elves on Azeroth and the High Elves that were under Alleria's command. If Blizzard wants to make them Alliance, they can. Easily.

And now that the Pandaren have broke that boundary, it's even plausible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/07/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Draile
And now that the Pandaren have broke that boundary, it's even plausible.

Difference is the Pandaren were introduced from the begining as neutral. They had to choose sides. As for the Goblins, instead of making one of the neutral goblin cities Horde, they made up an entirely new Cartel to join.

The only interesting thing about the High Elves is that they are Blood Elves who didn't take the fel crystals. They are like the Darkspear and every other troll group. The only progression they get is through one character.

Physically, they are the same thing except for their eye and hair color.

Storywise, what do you do with them? Make them fight for Silvermoon? Because that's going great for the gnomes, worgen, and any player that wants Stromgarde and Lordaeron.

Besides, both factions already have 7 races. Develop the others instead of putting in more. Just make them a non-playable faction with NPCs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/07/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Noitora
Storywise, what do you do with them? Make them fight for Silvermoon? Because that's going great for the gnomes, worgen, and any player that wants Stromgarde and Lordaeron.

Fight to get Silvermoon back(PvP), fight to take down the Burning Legion(PvE).

12/07/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Noitora
Besides, both factions already have 7 races. Develop the others instead of putting in more. Just make them a non-playable faction with NPCs.

I'd be fine with it if Blizzard just made the next iteration of the Night Elf model have pink skin that doesn't look weird.

But at the same time, High Elves are iconic to the Alliance.

Night Elves should not fit that role. They should fit the role of Night Elves. They do not belong as a menagerie of pink-skinned Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. They belong standing on their own, with their own Sentinel army, supported by Draenei and Worgen.

And seriously, don't put it past Blizzard to do something radical like this.
Edited by Draile on 12/7/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Another High Elf thread?! Shocking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/07/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Draile
But at the same time, High Elves are iconic to the Alliance.

they arent really Iconic to the Alliance, especialy with their back story fleshed out as it is now. their total history with outsiders has been horrible.

first they invaded troll land and bought an army of humans by agreeing to teach them magic. then they made a city that was populated by magi. after doing those two things they shut themselves off from the world for thousands of years.

the next time they interact with humans is when they had their arm twisted to send aid to the alliance. then once they were actualy hurt they commited real forces. after that war was over they imediately jumped back into seclution mode wanting nothing to do with the alliance.

then the next time the high elves deal with the alliance, they have renamed themselves and an alliance general tries to kill off the royal blood line of silvermoon and a standing army.

they were the basic ranged units in WC2 and i personaly dont see them as being any more iconic than footmen, ghouls, grunts, or archers from the other factions the games have had over the years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Fight to get Silvermoon back(PvP),

So basically never be allowed to progress story wise like the Worgen?

fight to take down the Burning Legion(PvE).

So then they are the Draenei? Which means any expansion before and after the legion one they will be left in plot limbo.

Night Elves should not fit that role. They should fit the role of Night Elves. They do not belong as a menagerie of pink-skinned Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. They belong standing on their own, with their own Sentinel army, supported by Draenei and Worgen.

Hey I'd be fine with that if they are allowed to act like Night Elves instead of Alliance. Cus apparently they can't be written in as both. Alliance should've gotten High Elves since the beginning.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Jetzeppelin
And as far as Dalaran and the Silver Covenant goes, I think it would be far more awesome if they became the "Evil Former Alliance PvE Enemies" now that Scarlet Crusade are supposedly done.

Why in the world would they turn evil and/or leave the Alliance?

12/07/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Juibloc
they arent really Iconic to the Alliance

For fans of Warcraft II and III they are. They're every bit as iconic to the Alliance as dwarves are.

Warcraft II Alliance:
Human (8): Peasant, Footman, Knight, Paladin, Mage, Transport, Oil Tanker, Battleship
High Elf (3): Archer, Ballista, Destroyer
Dwarf (2): Demolition Squad, Gryphon Rider
Gnome (2): Flying Machine, Submarine

Warcraft III Alliance:
Human (6): Archmage, Paladin, Peasant, Militia, Footman, Knight
Dwarf (6): Mountain King, Rifleman, Flying Machine, Mortar Team, Siege Engine, Gryphon Rider
High/Blood Elf (5): Blood Mage, Priest, Sorceress, Spell Breaker, Dragonhawk Rider
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
High Elves aren't all rangers lost in the woods. There are more High Elf NPCs in Dalaran than human ones, and the Kirin Tor has always been multicultural/multiracial. High Elves (and Blood Elves, briefly) were always a part of the Council of Six. The Elf units in WC3 were High Elf spellcasters from Dalaran.

And if you're hung up on what race to give the Horde to counterbalance High Elves, I present to you the Ogres (or Mok'Nathal, if you prefer). Ogres are just as much a part of the Horde right now as High Elves are part of the Alliance, and would give Blizzard an excuse to seriously develop lore for characters like Alleria and Rexxar.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/07/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Saitharis
And if you're hung up on what race to give the Horde to counterbalance High Elves, I present to you the Ogres

So the Alliance will get re-colored Blood Elves while the Horde get a somewhat unique race? You can imagine the QQ that will come right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]