High Elves

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/10/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Skytotem
I generally associate the terrible grammar and internal politics amounting to "I smash you" with stupidity, ofcourse it could just be the grammar that is coloring my feelings on them.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Kor%27gall

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Army_of_the_Black_Dragon

Plus, we have tons of times where we have to kill the ogre leaders and they're oneheaded yet still able to lead and provide enough of a threat to need to be killed :P

I stand corrected then, it is probably just the grammar then that lead me to that conclusion but still I'm allowed my irrational hatred of those grammar challenged nincompoops as much as anyone else with their own hated races >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
We can't forget Cho'gall, even if he was bat-crap crazy.
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Fyersing

I did mention magically inclined ogres as an acception >.>
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Fyersing

Two heads don't count.

Though really, you couldjust have the warriors have onehead and the casters be two-headed.

Imean it's not like player intellect doesn't fluctuate with questing as is :P
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Skytotem

Two heads don't count.

Though really, you couldjust have the warriors have onehead and the casters be two-headed.

Imean it's not like player intellect doesn't fluctuate with questing as is :P

I always imagined if they did ever do the terrible idea (IMO) of adding them as a playable race, then they would follow that system (of two headed casters and one headed everything else).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Shaithiss
I always imagined if they did ever do the terrible idea (IMO) of adding them as a playable race, then they would follow that system (of two headed casters and one headed everything else).

I'd like Ogres honestly.

Eh, high elves, go ahead and make em playable, can't care anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i'd prefer to see Half-elves as a playable race to High Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Arieus

I'd really prefer no races that get their uniqueness from being the byproduct of two other races, I'm not even a fan of mok'nathal :\
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Skytotem

I'd really prefer no races that get their uniqueness from being the byproduct of two other races, I'm not even a fan of mok'nathal :\

Technically I suspect the mok'nathal werent half ogres as much as either the missing link between ogres and orcs or a subspecies like neanderthals were for us. I mean we have a whole tribe of them. Theres clearly a self reproducing population. They seem more to be a species in their own right rather than the result of alot of !!*%*#!@ victims (orcs and ogres despised each other prior to the rise of the Horde).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Technically I suspect the mok'nathal werent half ogres as much as either the missing link between ogres and orcs or a subspecies like neanderthals were for us. I mean we have a whole tribe of them. Theres clearly a self reproducing population. They seem more to be a species in their own right rather than the result of alot of !!*%*#!@ victims (orcs and ogres despised each other prior to the rise of the Horde).

I think you're reading a bit much into it. Also, some ogres and orcs could've gotten along :P
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
12/10/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Trook
Technically I suspect the mok'nathal werent half ogres as much as either the missing link between ogres and orcs or a subspecies like neanderthals were for us

I believe it was stated Rexxar's mother was a orc and his father a half orc/ogre, so they are half ogres.

Also, does anyone else wonder if Orhan Ogreblade is actually a female ogre and not a half orc?
Edited by Ximothy on 12/11/2012 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/11/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Ximothy
Also, does anyone else wonder if Orhan Ogreblade is actually a female ogre and not a half orc?

That'd be pretty cool, though I doubt it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well the ogre idea seems to be a rather liked idea and hey I'd go for it, would still really apreciate our high elves though
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Don't really care for the Half-elf idea though, that just seems kinda strange to me personally, and would require a ton of more resources than high elves would by far
Reply Quote
Excellent discussion everyone, I think things have settled, and everyone plz tweet Blizz about High Elves and Ogres! Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Thus the only way to play as High elf, is for Quel'thalas to go neutral. Or maybe the Horde should get a human faction that's not part of the Alliance.

With the way Pandaran are introduced, this is almost a non-issues now. There are more differences both genetically and culterally between Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei than between the playable Pandaren, whose only difference is a martial philosophy; Judo vs. Tae Kwon Do, if you understand my meaning. Where as Quel'dorei resisted Fel corruption, and have chosen NOT to ally with a countless list of former enemies, namley Orcs (multilple wars against), Forsaken (many of whom propably participated in the slaughter of Quel'Thalas), and Trolls (the most ancient and hated enemy of the Sin/Quel'dorei). I'd say that's fair ground for differences.

I say genetic for simplicities sake because I don't know a better word to refer to the fact that fel-corruption is fairly permanent and passed through bloodlines. I.E., Orcs are still green-skinned after generations, just as Sin'dorei will retain their green eyes and paler skin. These differences will only become more pronounced for Sin'dorei who continue to partake heavily of fel magics.

Even if they did become playable, modern High elves themselves actually don't use magic that much. Just place them in Stormwind.

Dalaran is bursting to the seems with Quel'dorei mages. And their position within the city and Kirin Tor has only improved since the expulsion of the Sunreavers. In addition, the "neutral" Quel'dorie (I.E. those more loyal to the Kirin Tor than to the Silver Covenant) have been brough resounding back into the Alliance fold because of the Sunreaver betrayal.

Even besides Dalaran, a fair numbers of mages exist in Stormwind, and presumably Theramore pre-destruction. The mage tower in Sw has one, Elsharin, and Theramore's portal trainer was Quel'dorei.
Reply Quote
This would be fairly easy to do. To demonstrate:
1. High elves can have a visibly different model. Nothing extremely different, but enough to be recognizable as a separate race. This solves the problem of simply re coloring an existing skin.

2. City - Dalaran or Stormwind, for obvious reasons. Particularly Dalaran.

3. Reasons to join the Alliance, rather than remain neutral: a) The Sunreaver betrayal. b) No one can stay neutral for long and continue existing, after all this is Warcraft not Fadeawaycraft. For example even a group of Goblins, may I add a population comparable to that of High elves, joined the Horde to survive. The High elves could rejoin the Alliance in full, if for tradition. Besides, Alleria and Turalyon are out there somewhere, and talk about bringing them back is around; Alleria is an Alliance hero with a statue in Storm, so it doesn't seem like the Alliance would object to some extra military strength. c) Bombing of Theramore, which would make them resent the Horde and the Blood Elves even more.

4. Instead of warlocks since that seems to be less supported, perhaps playable druids?

5. Horde could receive something interesting as well, or if the new race doesn't seem comparable to an addition of high Elves to the Alliance, the starting quests would need to really make the new Horde race feel important. Compromises could be made to balance the addition.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Noitora
And if you're hung up on what race to give the Horde to counterbalance High Elves, I present to you the Ogres

So the Alliance will get re-colored Blood Elves while the Horde get a somewhat unique race? You can imagine the QQ that will come right?
You'd rather Blizzard go out and make some new half assed race to give each faction? Highelves and Ogres makes much more sense and would be acceptable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Either write them back into the Blood Elf story, or kill them off.

The latter might be more feasible.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Either write them back into the Blood Elf story, or kill them off.

The latter might be more feasible.

After Dalaran the high elves are probably a priority kill for Blood Elves now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]