Fake Casting/Juking

90 Night Elf Rogue
So like

does anyone not do this anymore, orr...
Reply Quote
48 Troll Rogue
12/08/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Orxoñ
does anyone not do this anymore

Yes. No. Wait, what are you actually asking?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Everyone who is being focused and has to hardcast does this...?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/08/2012 05:42 AMPosted by Katlei
Everyone who is being focused and has to hardcast does this...?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
No feeling worse then realizing that you got juked, makes me feel so bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/08/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Djami
No feeling worse then realizing that you got juked, makes me feel so bad.

lol I chuckle a little when people fall for it!

Sorry, Djami /hug!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
I havent played on any of my old healers, so i dont know how they fair, but in the rare event that i'm being focused and cant get away via teleport or roll I just spam healing spheres at my feet.
Reply Quote
I used to fakecast a lot in Cata. I do it much less now that every arena match is Stun>Stun>Disorient>Blanket Silence>Fear and people can hit you for more than half your hp with one move. There just isn't a lot of time to fakecast.
Reply Quote
i do this all the time with frost bomb to make warriors pop their reflect, then just hit a ice lance at them..
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Shaman
The amount of CC, blanket silences, and interrupts in this game has made it less important to juke/fake cast. It's main goal was to trick players into using their CDs in unnecessary situations, but now every class has several ways to stop you from casting it's better to just create gaps, or CC them, or just rely on instants. That single interrupt on a long cast shouldn't be a deal breaker, it's the chain interrupts and CC that will make or break you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Spirits
The amount of CC, blanket silences, and interrupts in this game has made it less important to juke/fake cast. It's main goal was to trick players into using their CDs in unnecessary situations, but now every class has several ways to stop you from casting it's better to just create gaps, or CC them, or just rely on instants. That single interrupt on a long cast shouldn't be a deal breaker, it's the chain interrupts and CC that will make or break you.

This + alot of damage from casters have been shifted from long cast time spells to instants or fast casts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ah I see. Thanks for the input.

As I've been gearing up and doing random battlegrounds, so far all this time, I think I've been juked probably once. I asked a few friends on Skype at the time and they all agreed, "Yeah I hardly see anybody even trying to juke anymore."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Syrelan
oh i see you jucked me counterspell? rofl no blancket silience

Counterspell is probably the best example of why hardcasting is dead.

Even without the silence it is pretty op compared to what melee classes get, 6 second lockout on a 20 second cooldown at 40 yards with the silence it is beyond balanced aka a mage can keep you from casting for 12 seconds each minute thats 20% of the time without even using any other kind of cc.
The next best silence in the game is a shadow priest we have a 5 second silence on a 45 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/08/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Syrelan
hard to juke and fake cast when there are so many blanket silences

This. And Stuns. And CC.

On my Shammy, I juke a Warrior with his pummel up and just get Shockwaved anyway. Or charge stunned. Or feared.

I successfully juke a Rogue after 7 secs of stun and a silence and I just get Gouged.Sometimes Blinded if it's a guaranteed kill.

By the time the CC runs through Kick/Pummel whatever is back off CD again.

But yeah, you know, Shammies were way OP that they needed Totems to be able to be spell locked. We're just train bait now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So like

does anyone not do this anymore, orr...

Yes, but it's not as necessary as it once was in s11 since the game doesn't revolve around getting constant pressure out as much as it did then. An RLS vs RLS mirror match would come down to whoever's Warlock could fakecast better to get more pressure out, but now, the games just revolve around burst cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/08/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Syrelan
oh i see you jucked me counterspell? rofl no blancket silience

This. Blanket silences dealt a strong blow to the art of juking.... in my experience, a lot of people won't wait to see you casting when they can just blanket you before you even begin to cast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]