Rogue still feel like its in a bad place?1-10

100 Night Elf Hunter
Greetings Rogues!

I have a pal who plays this class exclusively so I thought Id come check out your forums and get your opinions on the rogue class. This is not meant for sarcasm and Im not trolling. List if you would, the following on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 obviously being the highest.

PvE : 1-10
PvP : 1-10

After you list your numbers, list WHY you gave it the score you did.
Edited by Raygar on 12/8/2012 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
PvE - for me? 60k DPS single target sustained, not bad I guess. Top dmg in heroics and mid range for raiding. 7/10 (i enjoy pve)

PvP - uhh, leave stealth and i feel like a free kill. :( - 4/10 (need more survivability)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
PvE - for me? 60k DPS single target sustained, not bad I guess. Top dmg in heroics and mid range for raiding. 7/10 (i enjoy pve)

PvP - uhh, leave stealth and i feel like a free kill. :( - 4/10 (need more survivability)

What are the 4 points for?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Fresh 90 but full honor gear now, PVP is like a 6/10.

Damage is there but not as insane as other classes, and survivability is lol.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
PvE 8/10 - 2 points for no removal of Ambush positioning requirement during shadow dance.

PvP 2/10 + 1 point for free gouges from behind, + 1 point for the strange enjoyment i get out of shuriken toss sometimes. -8 points for being kited by other melee, getting murdered in less than 10 seconds because of crappy def CDs and overall bad survivability, and having 60% passive damage coupled with the lowest uptime in the game.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
PvE: 8/10
PvP: 4/10
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for replies thus far. I am collecting data. Keep em comin. With my glyph of camo, fyi, I sort of feel a little like a rogue albeit a ranged one :P. Its fun now because any rogue pals I have, i can now go on "covert ops missions" with .

Like yesterday we infiltrated UnderCity and attempted to assassinate flagged pvp players.

Anyway, more opinions please!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
ok
PvE: ?
PvP: 6

We've been in better spots, but we're not AS bad as people make us out to be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
PvE: waste of time.
PvP:7

rogues are not bad, people just dont know how to play them now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Says the rogue with 0 rbg rating, and no arena experience in MoP.

PvP: 3/10
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
I really could careless about pve anymore. I'm still burnt from those long nights in ICC & DS.

For pvp though i'm still waiting on gear to get a real clear judgement. I'm at about 58% resil and 19% pvp power so things are improving gradually. In Bgs i notice the attitude is to go for rogues immediately since we're seen as lesser. Though in some bgs i'll feel great. For example one morning i went off at 11-1 K/d and was real content about that. LAter that afternoon i think i went 2-6 lol. So i'm definitely a middle of the pack rogue. Anywho, in my limited arena experience i'd have to say there was a lot of unavoidable instant cc's that bug me. A lot of matches felt like a cluster---- because of the amount of pets being summoned. I saw potential, but for perhaps a better rogue than me.

overall 5/10 for pvp.
Reply Quote
pve- I dont pve...
pvp-8, Just need to fix our energy regen(mainly assassin)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
PvE - 8/10
PvP - 1/10

PvE could use a little bit more flare.

PvP could use an entire rework of the entire rogue talents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
PvE - 8/10
PvP - 1/10

PvE could use a little bit more flare.

PvP could use an entire rework of the entire rogue talents.

QFT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
PvE: Don't care. Outside of for gear for PvP I haven't bothered with it since tbc.
PvP: Around 6.5 or 7ish out of 10. Outshined by Mages/ferals/warriors etc, but for quality players it's more of an issue of nerfing what's to strong than buffing what isn't strong enough.

Though overall flavor/fun wise or unique ways to seperate yourself from a lesser player i'd say like a 2.5/10.

RIP vanish immunes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
PvE: 4/10 - I liked Sub PvE because it was fun to juggle 4 finishers and do well when you do it right, too boring now. Funny how removing one would screw it up (for me)

PvP: 2/10 - If I'm not bursting someone down I'm just an annoyance. God forbid a warrior or mage looks at me the wrong way. Our boring PvP set and talents dont help at all. Making things we had baseline for the longest time then putting a gun to our head and saying "choose" doesnt seem all that fun.
Edited by Hassen on 12/8/2012 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Says the guy who doesnt have a decent rating yet on his rogue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]