What was your favorite patch? Mine was 3.0

100 Human Paladin
Why? It was the patch of ret. All the ret pallies who had been laughed at and became known as "lolret" throughout BC came back in a screaming vengeance and laid waste to everyone who mocked us. I remember jumping into three horde at a time and slaughtering them when I was on a PvP server.

Of course I knew it wouldn't last, but after being oppressed for an entire expansion, it was like every single ret pally in the world was out for blood.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I had to change specs which was irritating but the MoP prepatch.

Demonology became god mode. I miss Affliction though. I'm too used to the pattern I had for Cata Affliction so it feels like my brain breaks if I try it now. Silly as that sounds.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
personally, my favourite was 3.3.x
it seemed like, from all the patches i played on this account and my old, lost one, that it had the most balanced pvp, and i found icc+halion pretty fun (mostly icc) and my favourite 2 class/specs (frost dw dk, ret pally) were a lot of fun and not too exhausting to use (unlike feral back then, ugh, so tedious)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I thought the best time for ret was that bug that let them kill people instantly during Cata.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warrior
Patch 1.9

My Second Fav would be 1.5 because of AV.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I wouldn't know the number... but the one that got rid of weight restrictions on mounts.

I was the first human zooming around on my realm on a robo chocobo!
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
5.1. It's far out, man.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
The patch when I was a blood DPS Death Knight. After that it was all down hill I was mad :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I believe it would be 2.0 when Druids were able to actually tank and not get crit-fest on dungeon/raid bosses. We gained the core talent Survival of the Fittest which gave 3% anti-crit protection, filling the other 2.6% was far easier than any other tanks that. It later got further upgraded to 6% making +defense gear almost obsolete for Bears except for the bonus dodge we got out of it. That's when this char became my main char consistently for 7 years straight as a Bear tank, until 5.0 really made me hate playing the role now he just collects crops and farms herbs, I don't play anymore its too depressing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
84 Dwarf Paladin
I liked the Ulduar patch, I think it was 3.1. I can't remember but I believe we cleared the first wing and got stopped at the stone guy with the fist on the first day. Then it was followed by the worst patch ever that brought TOC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

T11 was the best tier we've had in a very, very long time.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warrior

T11 was the best tier we've had in a very, very long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyixwqiCag

Ugh I hated Tier 11 especially for Priest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Do not mention that abomination. Patch 3.0 was the worst patch ever put in the game.

I'd say 2.4 or 4.3.

5.0 was pretty good until crz ruined it :(
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Death Knight
I was playing a ret when 3.0 hit and an arcane mage when 4.0 hit. Both awesome.
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
4.0.3a

The patch that revamped Azeroth. I gotta say, 1-60 is SOOOO FUN! I love leveling since they did that.

Others, mostly EVERYTHING in wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Any patch prior to 3.4

They were all amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Any patch prior to 3.4

They were all amazing.

There was no 3.4. Wrath ended with 3.3.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
4.3. Transmog has changed the game man!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]