Best Monk Names!

No. You do not get to chose what words are derogatory and which are not.

I most certainly do.

Just as you are free to interpret it as some sort of slight against people who probably don't care, I am free to see it as respectful and humorous. Do you honestly believe it was used in a derogatory way?

02/18/2013 05:23 AMPosted by Projectstfu
but it is very frowned upon.

By who? You?

Sorry, but one person getting their feathers ruffled on the internet hardly makes for a convincing argument. Like I said, folks get offended over any and everything. If we have to live our lives wondering if we might offend someone, nothing would ever get done.

No you most certainly do not. Words that are offensive are so because they are deemed by the offended. These words are chosen as derogatory by the collective or society as a whole. If a collective of people think the word is offensive and used as offense then it is so whether you think it isn't or not.

As for the second part, no not by me, by a ton of people including me and the well over a billion it is directed towards. Do I need to start listing all the passed legislation to censor the word or the act passed in 2009 to insure the word is not to be used in any part of our government or judicial systems?

Oh, but just because enough people consider the word crude enough that legislation has been passed to prevent its use does not make it offensive you may say. If you do not find the word offensive therefor it is not offensive you say? The person in question did not use it to mean offense you may say? Maybe they didn't mean it as offense, I posted the first time they may have done it on accident not knowing it was a taboo term. If they used another disparaging term not know it was offensive would it be ok? If they used the N-word in their post would you have defended it because they might have said it not meaning offense? You will try to argue that these words are different, but they are not. They are both used as an offense and to belittle and place inferiority on a race. One is further ingrained in american culture as a taboo than the other, but they are not so dissimilar.

Freedom of speech will let you walk around in public and spout all the racist stuff you want and whatever faulty logic you use to convince yourself that it is perfectly fine to do so, however we are not in a free speech space we are on a private forum so racist terminology should be weeded out whether you like it or not.
90 Pandaren Monk
<----
90 Human Monk

lol
90 Pandaren Monk
i give you a 6...
I can't go give a number low enough to represent the lack of originality in the name above
90 Pandaren Monk
lol Daodian. I'd say about 7.5, I needa get this little !@#$%^ to 90 now.
90 Dwarf Monk
Brewmaster Kegbeard reporting in
90 Pandaren Monk
02/20/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Kegbeard

Pretty epic...9/10

I hope whoever rates me knows what its from =P
76 Pandaren Monk
In ancient Mexico, the Cuauhtli (eagle) symbolized both the sun and a strong warrior
who fought the powers of the night under the direction of his patron deity Huitzilopochtli,
the god of war.

Day Cuauhtli (Eagle) is governed by Xipe Totec, God of Seedtime, as its provider of tonalli (Shadow Soul) life energy. Cuauhtli is a day of fighting for freedom and equality. It is a day of the Warriors of Huitzilopochtli, those who sacrifice their lives willingly to keep the present age, the Fifth Sol, moving. It is a good day for action, a bad day for reflection. A good day for invoking the gods, a bad day for ignoring them.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/20/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Gyattso

Pretty epic...9/10

Avatar! Nice nice... Aangs master!~ 10/10 would learn ancient arts from.'
I wanted Zuko or Sozen, with the title Firelord, both were taken.
85 Blood Elf Monk
9/10
90 Pandaren Monk
02/20/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Cuddlebears

Pretty epic...9/10

Dont forget Ozai! Glad someone knew =)

/bow
91 Pandaren Monk

Dont forget Ozai! Glad someone knew =)

/bow

..or Azula >>
90 Gnome Monk
Timmmmmmmaaaaaa
90 Pandaren Monk
Timma I would give 6/10. Been used before, not really Monk-ish.....
41 Pandaren Monk
Mine is actually 2 words in Elvish:

Lante Maa (Falling Hand)

@Brewfist - deserving of an 8
Edited by Lantemaa on 2/22/2013 5:32 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk
i like my name - kinda got it by revamping master Roshi from dbz who was a martial arts expert
90 Pandaren Monk
Ah all monk names are good, but you all rack disaprin.
100 Pandaren Monk
Gotta say 9/10, only reason not 10 out of 10 is cause its hard to display the accent needed to get the full effect ;-)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]