And here we go.

90 Worgen Hunter
Kind of one of those threads.

As far as I can tell, I probably won't be back on after January. So...
One of the hardest parts about this was picking who to post on. Gogrimm? He -is- my longest running character. I've made more friends, 'broken more guilds', and had the most experience on him...
But this hunter is what Gogrimm was initially, and he's my first character I ever rolled.

How long have I been playing this infernal game? Too long to remember, long enough to get the Sergeant FoS.
Long enough to make and lose friends here... Hell, long enough to get engaged. Twice.

I'm happy I found so many good friends here. Haratha, Tambea, Hitoh... Been friends with them since TBC, easily.
Tambea being the longest running of this group. Also the woman I ended up getting engaged to as of two months ago. So, I want to ask, WRA.

Where do you come from? I want to know the earliest memory of WoW that you have... or the fondest one, either or.

Mine is easy. Old Alterac Valley, 3 AM, roughly... November, I think. Met Tambea and had the most random RP encounter right in the BG. (It was old AV. Of course we had time to RP.)
Edited by Khraine on 12/9/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh, I've been playing for about two or three years now. I actually began on a PvE server because my friend was one of its more reputable tanks. After awhile, though, at cap, running raids with him, I found the server to be missing something. That something, of course, being the entire world aspect of the game, so, I decided to create a character on WrA and haven't looked back since.

My earliest memory of the game and maybe even one of my fondest is simple: training my first rank in blizzard. It was exciting to finally have a spell that was not only an AoE powerhouse, but one that I remember quite clearly from WC3. I remember pulling an all nighter to level my shadow priest. Even brought the coffee maker upstairs to make it easier! Been to visit guildies, IRL, with travel and the such.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
That feeling of something familiar!
The reason I made a hunter was because of Rexxar... Yeah. I was one of those hunters for a short while. Meleeing things, wishing it was viable :<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've been playing since a couple of months into Vanilla... But my first [extra memorable] memory would be -finally- getting talked into making an alliance character (I was all horde back then) and deciding to make a night elf! Made the character, logged in... And the first thing that happened to me was...

Getting chased by 3 naked night elf men ALL THE WAY up to the top of Aldrassil.

Silly people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hmm, killing Troggs in Dun Morogh starting area on my Dwarf Paladin. First character I ever rolled. Played the game since it's beginning until Wrath. Got to level 80, quit for a bit and came back a few months before Pandaria to find the game vastly improved.

Heh, I remember being in awe at the sheer size of the world, and that I could leave the zone without a loading screen.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
My earliest WoW memory was playing a male human priest at the start of the Burning Crusade. I got him to level 9 and gave up. The murlocs kept overwhelming me!

So I rolled a blood elf warlock instead. Somehow I became immediately invested in the realm's (Lightninghoof) only heavy role-playing guild at the time and made a good deal of close friends. We RPed in Brill and Silvermoon, and I was actually rather lore accurate -- until I decided that my character was going to ask Varimathras to make him into a demon. /facepalm

I was rather enthralled with the size of the world, like Aviric. And I'd often stand and admire the beautiful sets that people had put together for their characters.

My fondest memories came from Wrath of the Lich King, while I was involved with the Scythe of Sylvanas. It was a golden age for Forsaken role-play, and I made some of my closest friends there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I started playing in vanilla, on the Lothar server. I had an undead warlock. I left a little before BC and then came back about six months before Wrath.

My earliest memory of WoW is probably leaving Deathknell and seeing Gordo. I was so freaked out I ran back inside the starting zone.

My fondest memory is also from back on Lothar, during the Scourge invasion before Wrath's launch. I kept barely escaping from being turned, including one point where I got off the zeppelin in Grom'gol to find a bunch of zombies waiting for me. We did a guild run through Kara to get the bat pet one night and came out to zombies. I didn't escape that time.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
12/09/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Seaclya
My earliest memory of WoW is probably leaving Deathknell and seeing Gordo. I was so freaked out I ran back inside the starting zone.

This made me laugh!

http://i.imgur.com/Gw6zf.gif
Edited by Ansirem on 12/9/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk
I have a few fond memories of my early WoW days. I started playing back in BC, just before Zul'Aman came out. I did a little research and learned that hybrids were a thing so I rolled a human paladin and was sent off on an epic quest through the forest to Goldshire.

BUT LO
A level 70 tauren druid was standing in the middle of town with wave after wave of lowbies going up to fight him. Local Defense said something about raid groups and kill him so I tried my darndest.

"I CAN HELP! Paladins can heal and tank so I can fight him!"

I didn't understand what the skull icon meant but those first 12 corpse runs dampened my resolve to play a paladin.

I rolled a wee undead warrior -- wandered too close to the Bulwark and encountered one of the "hello bears" from the Plaguelands. I'd learned that a bear with a skull icon meant certain death and tried many times to escape his clutches... BUT ALAS

I also rolled a night elf druid, fell off Teldrassil while exploring, died, fell off Teldrassil while trying to retrieve my corpse and deleted the character before starting over.

I have plenty of earliest-noob memories... Fondest, too many to count. The entire Scourge invasion was pretty amazing though. :)
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Paladin
Earliest Warcraft memory? Getting sucked into the OH SO COOL cinematics of Warcraft I: Orcs vs. Humans, grinning as Blackhand congratulated me for decimating the pathetic Alliance forces outside the Black Morass. :D

Earliest WoW memory? I have memories of running all the way from Crossroads to Wailing Caverns after spending hours waiting for a group. Also the first time I bought my very first mount: a brown kodo at level 40, and it took me weeks to gather up the gold for it. I never got my epic mount before BC came out, lol.

I also remember times of being so elated that we managed to summon the Ice Lord in AV before the Alliance could summon their ancient. c:

Oh, and having worked my butt off to get the few pieces of Stormrage gear that I could (neither my guild nor I were very hardcore raiders) only to watch them be instantly replaced by the greens in BC quest rewards. Good times!

Having typed all this, I feel so old.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/09/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Ansirem

This made me laugh!

http://i.imgur.com/Gw6zf.gif

That octopus was absolutely me, except with more terrified zig-zagging.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Where do you come from? I want to know the earliest memory of WoW that you have... or the fondest one, either or.

Mine is easy. Old Alterac Valley, 3 AM, roughly... November, I think. Met Tambea and had the most random RP encounter right in the BG. (It was old AV. Of course we had time to RP.)

I quit for a good solid three or four months because of my own stupidity regarding an online relationship that I wish had been better. That's one of my most MEMORABLE memories, simply because I was depressed for a few months straight.

One of my fondest, I say one because I've been playing since Vanilla, is when my warrior and another warrior fought through Tol Barad with absolutely no pants of any kind on, because they weren't polished enough.

My earliest memory is when I made my first character, Halohunter. (I didn't RP at the time, so I barely recognized that it was a horrible name.) I had so much god dang fun on that character, even though I only got him to level 28 or so. I needed no guild, I needed no pet on that hunter. I just needed my imagination and sense of direction and I had endless fun.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Nice to hear all these great stories and memories.

12/09/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Retrimootion
I also remember times of being so elated that we managed to summon the Ice Lord in AV before the Alliance could summon their ancient. c:

That's kinda what forced the stalemate in the Field of Strife. Me and Tambea, I think, had perched in Iceblood Tower, watching as a giant tree and giant rock began eating people.

12/09/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Jorinde
"I CAN HELP! Paladins can heal and tank so I can fight him!"

xD Same thing. Except with a dwarf paladin, and I was a hunter.

12/09/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Seaclya

I remember being creeped out by the imps, grell, and what not in the orc and night elf areas... Thier thumbs. They never stopped moving. I was terrified that if I turned around, they'd jump up and ambush me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Fondest memory.. Gnome warrior of the same name, Level 45 Running on the mountain in Classic between Tauren Hill and what ever that Ally city once was. Most epic World PVP ever, 40 man raids running back and forth there, with a small gnome throwing dynamite, grenades, and mortars onto the lvl 60's getting the Honor kills and rank. Besides that. My honest thing. I don't know.. This game has threatened my RL 5 times since playing it.. So ^ is my best memory of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]