Are You Satisfied? (PvP)

90 Dwarf Shaman
Hello Druids,

I've played a druid before, but not extensively. I'm looking for long-time druids to answer a simple question for me:

PvP-wise, through all the nerfs and buffs, how satisfied are you with the class? Not particular specs, but with the class in general.

1 = not at all satisfied
10 = couldn't be happier.

This isn't for just one facet, just PvP in general. If you aren't satisfied with your class, which class would you prefer to play?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I don't know what constitutes "long-time" but I feel druids (boomkins) are roughly the same as they were in cata, except maybe a little bit squishier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm definitely satisfied. Our burst/survivability is pretty intense. Most people keep saying, "Oh em gee, we're so squishy". Pop Bear form, Barkskin, Might of Ursoc, Survival Instincts and if needed Nature's Swiftness with Healing Touch and you're at full HP through any burst (including Warriors). Plus, if you're specced into Heart of the Wild...you can pull off 200k heals with each Predatory Swiftness proc and like 300k with Nature's Swiftness. Not to mention 8 second Cyclones, roots, on-demand stuns and the ability to shapeshift out of root effects.

People who say druids (Feral) are a joke simply don't know how to evolve their type of play from one expansion to the next. We play much different now than we did in Cata, or at least I do.

I'd say I'm around an 8.3 with my only complaint being bleeds don't tick as hard as they used to in Cata and Berserk losing the glyph to causing it to last longer making us energy starved during Incarnation. (I tend to save Tiger's Fury for energy after Berserk ends so it makes more use of my free Ravages during Incarnation).

I am leveling a Shadow Priest though and I find it super fun, almost as fun as my Druid.
Reply Quote
Hello Druids,

I've played a druid before, but not extensively. I'm looking for long-time druids to answer a simple question for me:

PvP-wise, through all the nerfs and buffs, how satisfied are you with the class? Not particular specs, but with the class in general.

1 = not at all satisfied
10 = couldn't be happier.

This isn't for just one facet, just PvP in general. If you aren't satisfied with your class, which class would you prefer to play?

Thanks.

I have played since mid-BC, and have always focused on PvP. Druid has always been my overall favorite class, and I have spent significant time on all classes. I have ~225k lifetime kills if you count all toons, including the ones I have on my wife's account. I focused mostly resto in late BC (main was a lock 'til late BC, rolled druid b/c I hated chasing druids around pillars so badly in arena -- can't beat em, join em, right?) resto or resto-kin through Wrath (resto-kin was the only way I could beat OP DKs 1v1 with consistency, and was grand fun in WG), feral mostly through Cata (when they were OP, then overnerfed, then back to normal, played through it all). I'm pleased to say that druid is more fun now than they have ever been. Feral is still very strong, and I think resto is even stronger right now. I have always been annoyed with balance, and haven't tried balance since MoP. Balance traditionally was fun in pvp for me either at low levels or in the really huge fights, like 40+, and has always been by far my least favorite spec. Granted I only just came back to wow and am new to MoP, so I don't have vast endgame experience to speak from, but I don't think my aforementioned will be altered by more 90 experience.

They were by leaps and bounds my overall favorite class already, and then they added symbiosis. OMG symbiosis.

Edit: Pre MoP bears, while I found them plenty effective, were my least favorite class to tank with, however. I have no experience with Guardian post MoP.
Edited by Lhane on 12/7/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm definitely satisfied. Our burst/survivability is pretty intense. Most people keep saying, "Oh em gee, we're so squishy". Pop Bear form, Barkskin, Might of Ursoc, Survival Instincts and if needed Nature's Swiftness with Healing Touch and you're at full HP through any burst (including Warriors). Plus, if you're specced into Heart of the Wild...you can pull off 200k heals with each Predatory Swiftness proc and like 300k with Nature's Swiftness. Not to mention 8 second Cyclones, roots, on-demand stuns and the ability to shapeshift out of root effects.
I am leveling a Shadow Priest though and I find it super fun, almost as fun as my Druid.

Sohra please make it clear you're discussing ferals. Moonkin pvp is an absolutely disaster right now. Survival Instincts isn't available to Balance druids. Feral pvp is crushingly good if done right.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
I don't like how I have to stack my CDs. That's my only complaint.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I am in love with how resto druids are in PvP atm. And boomkins Just amazing.

People calling for buffs are those guys who stand around without using cds to kite etc
letting melees train them letting people lock them down/root them

If you had a brain Resto PvP is atm the most powerful healer for RBG's
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/08/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Bomchet
Moonkin pvp is an absolutely disaster right now.

Compared to...pre-nerf Hunters? (Beta Hunters)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Cyous
Moonkin pvp is an absolutely disaster right now.

Compared to...pre-nerf Hunters? (Beta Hunters)

Compared to the briefing shining weeks with MOP talents before MOP dropped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]