"Never Meant To Do All of Them Every Day"

90 Worgen Warrior
There a plenty of options, including crafting, valor points, PVP, elder coins, holiday events and LFR to fill in gear spots that you may be missing. You don't have to do all of the dailies every single day to get the upgrades that you need to get past that 1%. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing if you say otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/07/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Sèxcellentt
It's weird that something called a "daily" wasn't intended to be done, well, daily.

Oh... so we should be doing every single daily in the game every day? Thank you for clarifying that.

Fact remains that the so called burden of dailies is imposed on players by players.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Consider the low valor point caps.
consider the only way to get to spend valor points is to do dailies.
Consider how high the costs are in relation to the low caps, and...
Consider how crappy the rate of valor is from dungeons and raids.

If you want anything valor related, you pretty much have to do them every day.

Math says hi
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's really funny how Dailies are such a big deal. I fell behind so much and look how geared out I am. I don't do all the dailies everyday. No, I haven't ever done that, not even in Cata. Too hard...

I don't feel this invisible force telling me to DO THOSE DAMNED DAILIES
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
One of these days the word "need" is going to snap, and come looking for her abusers so she can mete out vigilante justice.
Edited by Kaganfindel on 12/7/2012 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Umm, Mister OP, I don't think you read what he said. I think you picked out the sentence you took issue with and posted a knee-jerk reaction.

Because he was talking about how the people who raid, typically ended up getting replacements for the VP gear as quick as they acquired the VP gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Didn't they already address your complaint in a previous interview and other blue posts? Something about fast progression and hardcore mindset being a play-style choice? Fast progression has always been and will always be seated initially in outside raid tasks to complete.

For everyone else, progression is metered to match how quickly they can bring out new stuff.

More or less.

Relax and enjoy the ride, or accept that your play-style choice has a negative side that you may need to take a closer look at to see if its worth the cost.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/07/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Kaganfindel
One of these days the word "need" is going to snap, and come looking for her abusers so she can mete out vigilante justice.

Need just says, "Don't look at me, you want my arch nemesis, and brother, Want."
Edited by Phreska on 12/7/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with the OP on the point that you don't know what you're going to need to use vp for ahead of time. You can not do a single daily and raid every week. And never get X slot upgraded. So many people say " oh you don't have to do dailies or get vp gear, thats just for filling missing slots that you wasn't able to get from raiding". But if you skip all dailies. Never did a single one, raid for a month or even two. Never get X item to drop for you. So you say hey ok I'll fill X slot with VP piece then. It's not like you can just go to the quartermaster and just buy the missing piece of gear. You didn't do any dailies, you're neutral or don't have the vendor opened to you yet, so it's going to be weeks before you can even buy the item. So you're even more behind. If you had did them while you were raiding anyway, atleast when X item doesn't drop you can just buy it because you grinded the rep.

No one knows ahead of time if RNG is their friend or not so its "safer" to just do them rather then never doing them then having a oh crap moment needing something you'll have to put even more weeks of time into get since you can't just go and buy anything without having done dailies to begin with.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If my last 463 is a trinket, I need Shado-Pan revered. If my last 463 is boots, I need August Celestials revered. If my last 463 is leggings, I need Klaxxi revered. And because loot from raids is based on RNG, I won't know which of those situations will occur, thus I need to get all of the factions to revered as soon as possible to make sure I'm prepared for any of those situations.

Yes, but only you percieve you must have them in the next week or else. I agree with Kosek, nobody is saying you have to get to revered with every faction in the least time possible, that's just the perception of the addicted gaming populace.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well I haven't done any of the MoP dailies, all I can say is this.... I have begun the Argent Tournament dailies (which I had already completed Alliance side) and WHOA BOY did I forget what a NUISANCE this is. I despise questing to begin with, and ANY questing that tells me to go halfway around the globe for some dumb object can GTFO. AND I have to do this for 8 days (3 for aspirant's seals, 5 for valiant's) before I even get a chance to grind the champion seals for the damn mount I want.

Being a mount collector and hating quests/dailies is working against me. I can see me getting a Cloud Serpent maybe a few weeks after the NEXT expansion comes out.

*facedesk*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/07/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Ereus
Relax and enjoy the ride, or accept that your play-style choice has a negative side that you may need to take a closer look at to see if its worth the cost.

QFT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, imagine a 25 man raid.
Now if each person has 1 ring with an additional 100 of their primary stat, then that's essentially 25000 of a primary stat.
Now imagine you're wiping consistently at like 1% of bosses HP.

100 X 25 = 25,000

New math FTW!

I am not disagreeing with your premise, but the math is just a wee bit off.

Edit: Well someone mentioned this back on page 2. Sorry about that.
Edited by Bravehearth on 12/7/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I agree with the OP on the point that you don't know what you're going to need to use vp for ahead of time. You can not do a single daily and raid every week. And never get X slot upgraded. So many people say " oh you don't have to do dailies or get vp gear, thats just for filling missing slots that you wasn't able to get from raiding". But if you skip all dailies. Never did a single one, raid for a month or even two. Never get X item to drop for you. So you say hey ok I'll fill X slot with VP piece then. It's not like you can just go to the quartermaster and just buy the missing piece of gear. You didn't do any dailies, you're neutral or don't have the vendor opened to you yet, so it's going to be weeks before you can even buy the item. So you're even more behind. If you had did them while you were raiding anyway, atleast when X item doesn't drop you can just buy it because you grinded the rep.

No one knows ahead of time if RNG is their friend or not so its "safer" to just do them rather then never doing them then having a oh crap moment needing something you'll have to put even more weeks of time into get since you can't just go and buy anything without having done dailies to begin with.

They addressed this issue with the gear upgrade feature. If you really need those few extra stats and are unable to buy the particular piece of valor gear you'd like you are able to upgrade another piece of gear to get some stats that way too. You can pretend there aren't options out there besides dailies, but the fact is you are wrong.
Edited by Garnox on 12/7/2012 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I've suffered from RNG but the amount of dailies I do each day varies and I feel no force. It's just people having a chip on their shoulder.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

But what if valor wasn't your only source of 489 gear? What if you were doing raids? What if you were doing heroic raids the second week?

I found your problem right here.

If you're doing heroic content the second week, why aren't you in 484 gear already. If you're doing heroic mode that means you have all the gear from normal mode.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
If you are competing for realm-first raid progression, then yeah, you have to grind a lot of dailies at first.

However, for the vast majority of us, we have six months to clear content before the next raiding tier is released.

Question: Should Blizz design the VP / dailies around hardcore players, or the lower 80% of players? Because the interview comments seem entirely reasonable for the latter group.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I can't imagine a world where 1 ring and/or 1 necklace is make or break for killing a raid boss. So, I'm not sure who "had" to do it.
Then again I don't raid.

I do raid, and though it's a casual guild, I like to do the best I can (also, I like to compete for top DPS with the raid leader's Rogue). To that end, the 489 gear is a must-have. I just looked at some of it compared to the stuff I'm wearing, and it's a HUGE boost. Given how rare drops seem to be for me in raids, I need to get Valor gear. Sadly, it's behind dailies... so either I grind them, or I'm less effective than I could be, by a wide margin thanks to the way gear ramps up so much.

Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to do some of these dailies even occasionally. Being Neutral on the Golden Lotus and knowing I need Revered not just to buy stuff from them but just to unlock the ability to play Shado-Pan and August Celestials, while getting under 200 rep per daily, has me giving up on that. I'll have a bucketload of Valor I can't do anything with (since I enjoy dungeons) because the stuff I can spend it on is gated behind content I can't stand doing due to its repetitive nature.

Granted, there's some dailies I do. I've been doing Dominance Offensive, because I enjoy killing the heck out of Alliance, and also those Alliance give me the best rep returns for Wrathion (who I need to help to get a legendary if I want one). I did Tillers to get the farm, which has been a serious boon, but I stopped doing them the moment I hit Exalted. I occasionally do Anglers because they're quick and easy and I enjoy Fishing sometimes. Cloud Serpent I did to get the mount, and it wasn't too hard, but I won't be riding the Serpent on my alts because I'm not doing that again (even paying for a rep gain boost).

So eh, I just have gear that's nowhere near as good as it might be, because RNG is bad to me and I won't do repetitive content to access gear I was able to buy in the prior expansion.

The dumbest thing about all this is that they stripped the enchants saying that they didn't want people to feel like they needed to do reps to have the best stuff around, and now they went and did that exact thing. Huh?

Yeah, I'll probably just hop into some BGs and grind Conquest points to go PVE in 483 gear. No rep to unlock those, and it does tie into my wanting to kill Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/07/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Balkoth
As a result, to make sure you have access to the valor item for the gear slot you need, you do have to do every daily every day (or at least the ones for valor rewards and 489 ring/neck).

This is the first time I've seen anyone state it exactly like this, and it is honestly logical for your very extreme form of play. Because, yes, it could make or break your raid in getting a boss down within the first few weeks.

So you've stated the complaint in a rational way, but no solution that is compatible with Blizzard's apparent design goal for pacing of the gear and reputation gains.

I'll offer a solution that could have been implemented, though it is no longer interesting or relevant. Honored level gear, as it exists at the moment, would be available on release. The other 489 gear, and revered formulas should not have been added to the game until eight weeks in; thus removing them completely from the picture for serious competitive raiding, but not unduly harming the raid progress of laid back/unskilled/badual(me)/whatever raiders. With the gear unavailable, there is no rush to get whatever reps you think you want, and by the time the gear would be available, the reps would have been in place without excessive grinding; basically valor cap & coins.

That still leaves a bit of "gotta do" feeling to quickly get honored in each; but the magnitude of the grind in total would be much less. (I can't recall if the golden lotus wall was at revered, if so, it too should have been honored instead)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Blizz is still in denial mode about dailies. You have to understand they've probably devoted a TON of development time to them and they're going to try their best to ignore the obvious (that many players hate them and even the ones who don't hate them just tolerate them for the most part) because that would be an admission that they screwed up.

I get the feeling it won't be until they announce the next xpac and start doing the "post-mortem" review of mop that they'll admit that they could have handled dailies better (that's probably as close as they'll ever get to admitting dailies were a horrible idea the way they're currently implemented).

This guy nailed it and sadly, that's exactly what they'll do most likely. Dev Watercooler Blogs up and down saying "Gosh guys, we thought you'd all love that 70% of the endgame was dailies! In our development meetings it never even came up once to offer an alternative path to advance reputations, we thought everyone enjoyed doing monotonous, repetitive tasks rather than doing something engaging and fun!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]