2200(current rating) WW Monk pvp class review

12/12/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Artanys
As for tiger's lust having freedom. the TL:DR i guess is that It's this player's opinion that it already has too much going for it to have that immunity also backing it up.

I've often thought that we would be better off if our glove bonus broke roots as well as snares, and that Tiger's Lust should break Fear/Charm/Sleep effects. It would fill a much needed gap in our defenses, and it fits thematically, I think.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts remain that it's strong enough as it is.

As for rolls breaking roots, if you don't see how this is crazily overpowered I believe I will have difficulty explaining it to you. You'll never sit a fill dr root again, and roots are already steadily becoming more trivial as cc. Monks have strong ranged attacks and several gap closers. Tiger's lust will break a full dr root every other dr set. It's enough without being too strong.

Also, class based fear breaks are to be carefully considered by the balance team. There's a reason there's only one way to break friendly targets out of fears. Just like there's a reason there's only one class with the blessing of freedom. (the totem works differently than the blessing). I'm not opposed to the idea of having a fear break, because as a melee (especially when cleaving) fears are a huge problem. However, it's a problem that's not insurmountable. Rogues have been dealing with it forever. Fear is a tricky cd to balance because of how hard it is to prevent but also how critical it is to the survival of the classes who use it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i !@#$ing burst healers stacking all stuns and silence just %^-*ing epic i can even solo non full geared healers :D altho im advancing very slow
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yeah it would be unique from a game mechanics standpoint and it would change something that has been present for a while. I suppose the effect would end up being something like just having a nerfed version of dematerialize anyway. (a % miss chance while stunned instead of a 2s 100% miss chance). I just felt it makes more sense for it to be parry/dodge from a kung-fu lore standpoint which I know really doesn't need to enter into the topic. It'd still be easy to code in and there are plenty of mechanics that go against the natural order of things (ACTIONS THAT CAN BE USED WHILE STUNNED? BLASPHEMY!<---there didn't used to be any of these in the game as it sort of undermines the purpose of a stun).

As for tiger's lust having freedom. the TL:DR i guess is that It's this player's opinion that it already has too much going for it to have that immunity also backing it up.

Hm I see.

About Tiger's Lust, yes, I've made some tests whit a paladin friend and damn... Tiger's Lust + Freedom and he had 6sec of constant uptime on a target, enough to take it down without a don't even supporting him anymore (Only used Lust on him when he got root and told him to use freedom to run to the target, which was a hunter). I'm starting to understand that "sinergy" better now.

Thanks for the enlightment Innverse.
Reply Quote
From Lightmourn-
"I love this guy, classy, down to earth, a fantastic monk to learn from, talking to this guy is like talking to yourself a personal guide with great knowledge."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Vox
Innverse, from where can I get your UI?
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Phou
Innverse, from where can I get your UI?

It's a ui package called LUI. They have a website and everytihng. I also have a few other addons as well. Google is your friend.
Edited by Innverse on 12/13/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Vox
Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Do you think it was a mistake going MW to heal 2's with a Warlock friend? Although I'm not fully done with my MW set, it seems like it was a big waste of time. After I burn my CD's, I'm pretty much a free kill.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thank you so much for the post. Can you please post a guide to WW pvp or maybe link me one you have done?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
REM
I really hope there are some changes to monks in 5.2. As a person who loves to duel and pvp in general, it's upsetting to see the disadvantages we have against most classes.
Reply Quote
Why is it that I see all top end WW monks playing with 1 handers? I heard that in terms of damage it just came down to preference of what you thought looked cool. Is using 1 handers really good for PvP? Because I use a staff and my damage doesn't seem to be very high, whereas I fought a WW monk dual wielding on my druid and was rising sun kicked for like, 150k in full pvp gear without the debuff previously existing on me, i've never even come close to that even with all my CDs popped with the debuff already being up, was wondering if it was my weapon or if i'm just not gemming / reforging correctly :l.

I've seen a lot of WW gemming resil mainly and then agi resil in red and pvp power resil in blue, and I was considering changing my gemming to that even though it would make my damage even lower..

Alot of it comes down to double dancing steel being better. 2h vs dual wield shouldn't affect your rsk numbers.

12/13/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Utchoomawa
Thank you so much for the post. Can you please post a guide to WW pvp or maybe link me one you have done?

Maybe. I've been busy the last couple days with finals and I have a lot to get to. It's somewhere on that list.
Edited by Innverse on 12/13/2012 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Good read, and I agree 100%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I actually fought you in 2s with a friend on alts for points a few days ago. You were playing with a FDK I think? I can't remember. Regardless, you soloed us both, and the friend is a 2450+ holy pally and I'm a 2200 player. I whispered you "I hope they buff monks" :P

You literally inspired me to level a WW monk. It's currently almost level 80. I can't wait to try PvP with it.

Do you think damage and survivability wise a WW monk provides more than a Ret pally? I can't say for sure about utility because I don't have one at 90 yet so I don't know what I'm missing, but so far this season (as for any season, really) Ret just has its utility... but even less now that heals for hybrids are nerfed. WW monk self heals are pretty insane it appears, and their defensive abilities in general look pretty nice.

Final question: Is there a reason that I see all WW PvP monks using swords only? I would rather use fist weps if that's a possibility just based off of transmog options.
Edited by Pat on 12/18/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I actually fought you in 2s with a friend on alts for points a few days ago. You were playing with a FDK I think? I can't remember. Regardless, you soloed us both, and the friend is a 2450+ holy pally and I'm a 2200 player. I whispered you "I hope they buff monks" :P

You literally inspired me to level a WW monk. It's currently almost level 80. I can't wait to try PvP with it.

Do you think damage and survivability wise a WW monk provides more than a Ret pally? I can't say for sure about utility because I don't have one at 90 yet so I don't know what I'm missing, but so far this season (as for any season, really) Ret just has its utility... but even less now that heals for hybrids are nerfed. WW monk self heals are pretty insane it appears, and their defensive abilities in general look pretty nice.

Final question: Is there a reason that I see all WW PvP monks using swords only? I would rather use fist weps if that's a possibility just based off of transmog options.

First of all...cool that what I'm trying to do here is inspire people. I know it's not the best but it's still fun.

For your first question....yes. I think monks are better damage than rets. I don't think they have more survivability simply because you can bubble while stunned. I think they can kite better or at least as good as rets though. Their utility is a bit worse though. Self healing is fine, but off healing is pretty bad.

For your final question, for me it's just because of human and the expertise bonus. There are plenty of cool transmogs for swords though so it might have to do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]