Rogue PvP Specs at 90

90 Undead Rogue
Hello everyone. Just recently hit 90 and experiencing the pain that it is to be an undergeared rogue amid the throngs of warriors. But I'm not here to complain. I'm here to get insight on what other PvPers find as the best spec.

For many years I was a diehard sub. When they nerfed the sub-survivability and gave Shadowstep or Prep to assass, I felt there was no reason to stay Sub, so I am currently rolling assass. I was having a lot of fun with assass levelling up, and while I think it is a great spec, I am beginning to wonder its efficacy at endgame, as it seems that most rogues which I come across in bgs or arenas are combat or subtlety.

What I see as the pros for the other two spec is having a Hard-melee burst, whether it be with shadowdance (I guess you now rely on evis for wicked burst) and Killing Spree. Assass still has a pretty sweet burst, but it is clearly more dependent upon the DoTs.

What is your spec and what are your thoughts on the matter? On a side note, I guess we're all pidgeonholed into Anticipation, as Shuriken Toss is a total joke, right? XD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What is your spec and what are your thoughts on the matter? On a side note, I guess we're all pidgeonholed into Anticipation, as Shuriken Toss is a total joke, right? XD

Shuriken Toss is siiiick. esspecially as muti.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/08/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Viiss

Reeeeeallllyy...?

Hmm
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Dost thou trolleth me? I honestly only tried it once in a duel, but ended up feeling like the 5-10k damage just wasn't worth the 20 energy. I suppose I can build an extra CP for the same price of a mut, though... PLEASE TELL MOAR?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Toss is my favorite 90 talent, for a few reasons. As both mut and sub.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/08/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Griev
for a few reasons

Will you ever tell me what your reasons are, though? *facepalm*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Lizardrat
for a few reasons

Will you ever tell me what your reasons are, though? *facepalm*

Well, it can crit for 30-35k, applies poisons, very low energy cost, builds combo pts, allows us do kite tanks effectively , keeps ppl in combat, as well as do dmg & keep snd/recoup going while being kited (if step on cd).

Iv been in scenario's where a caster has 60-70k hp and blows cds from a distance while I'm snared or rooted and cant reach them. A smokebomb and 2-3 tosses won the fight.

Anticipation ia nice, but situational at best with all the cc in game keeping us off our target.
Reply Quote
You need shuriken toss, its a gap closer considering it applys posions, builds cp for a kidney if needed, its godly. it actually hits quiet hard to lol
Reply Quote
Go Arms. Or Fury. Get Second Wind and Shockwave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
uhh
for me? shuriken and prep are must haves... if u have shuriken its also a gap close w the 4 pc bonus so ShS is a bit redundant... and having a 2nd vanosh cloak evasion amd dismantle is pretty sweet
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Just reroll warrior ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
peep this sick pvp talent that I discovered its called.....reroll warrior
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
sub is rough unless you get your gear and enchant and gem.

i just got most my gear and im actually having some fun. some

if you plan to roll with sub, you should just hit random bgs and start farming. You will most likely be a help class.
every time i opened on someone without gear i got owned. just lock people down and help others to win the bgs and get gear.

you are in for the long haul mi amigo
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yep, that's pretty much it. You gonna be just a support class if you don't have the gear regardless of your specc. But, once you do have the gear ... oh, man even warriors start to panic when their HP drops to 50% after the first cheap shot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hehe, already have a warrior.
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Rogue
Is it only pvp that rogues are supposedly bad at? I remember hearing "reroll warrior" since vanilla wow. I haven't played normally since BC and haven't even touched PvP on any of my characters since coming back at the end of Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Sub. Better and more frequent burst from dance. You can also use dance for control. ShB+dance+trinket makes for some awesome burst.

Imo, stack mastery and enjoy the big evis crits if it even does crit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i like to spec into these current talents :

First teir: Shadow Focus
Reason is your not wasting a global on garrote as well

Second Teir: Nerve Strike
i use it because its extremely helpful versing some1 who is bursting. 50% Damage taken away is HUGE.

Third Teir: Cheat Death
im a arena rogue and rbg rogue so what can i say :P

fourth teir: Shadowstep
Its a great gap closer for a warriors herioc leap or mages blink. or just even to get a focus shadowstep kick off. i love it and would never give it up.

fifth tier: Prey on the weak
EXTREMELY HELPFUL. this stacks on with Nerve Strike so Ontop of there 50% damage reduction. they also take 10% more damage for the duration of the effect. Good?

Sixth Teir: Anticipation.
this really helps with combo points and energy conservation. it also helps for a larger burst and even a full buff of recup and/or slice and dice. (could also throw on a full kidney which goes back to second and fifth tier.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Sub. Better and more frequent burst from dance. You can also use dance for control. ShB+dance+trinket makes for some awesome burst.

Imo, stack mastery and enjoy the big evis crits if it even does crit.

I've been seeing that most rogues in arenas are sub, and I think that it might be the way to go, just for Shadowdance. Being able to pop shadowdance and sap someone out of stealth is just !@#$ing clutch...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]