Penance macro

90 Undead Priest
im looking for a macro that will cast penance on mouseover on a friend or foe, if im not moused over anyone then cast on my current target and if im not moused over or no target selected then cast on myself
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists][] Penance
Edited by Mitimem on 12/8/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][exists,nodead][@player] Penance

The [exists] may not be necessary; I can never remember if [nodead] implies [exists] or not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
[exists,nodead][@player] are extraneous. If there's no mouseover, [] will cause it to cast on your target, or self if there is no target.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][exists,nodead][@player] Penance

The [exists] may not be necessary; I can never remember if [nodead] implies [exists] or not.

[dead] implies exists, [nodead] doesn't.

12/09/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Mitimem
[exists,nodead][@player] are extraneous. If there's no mouseover, [] will cause it to cast on your target, or self if there is no target.

If you have auto-self-cast enabled.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
12/09/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Choonster
[dead] implies exists, [nodead] doesn't.
That's what I thought

12/09/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Mitimem

If you have auto-self-cast enabled.
Auto-self-cast is for when you attempt to cast a helpful spell on a harmful target, and as such is an irrelevant setting with regard to Penance. All helpful spells always default to @player if the target does not exist (regardless of self-cast setting).

They will not, however default to @player if your target is dead (regardless of auto-self-cast setting), which is why I added an explicit term to compensate.
Edited by Sumcallmetim on 12/9/2012 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
but will it still cast at my mouseover before my target if my mouseover is a mob?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The first true conditional in the macro will be the target of the spell. If you don't want it to cast on an enemy mouseover if you have a friendly target then you'd change the syntax slightly.
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help][@target,help][@mouseover,harm][@target,harm][@player] Penance

The priority for this would be:
1. Friendly Mouseover
2. Friendly Target
3. Enemy Mouseover
4. Enemy Target
5. Self
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
well what im looking for is
priority
1. mouseover (enemy or friend)
2.target
3.self
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists][@player] Penance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]