What's up with end game weapons for Blood DKs

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why is there no true DK tank weapon in this xpansion that we can put the legendary gem in other than Kilrak, Jaws of terror which is a 1 handed weapon. Since the weapons are set this way how can ppl say Blood DKs aren't/can't duel weild. If any 1 has a suggestion or idea I haven't thought of plz let me know and ty
Edited by Bamfs on 12/8/2012 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
12/08/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Bamfs
Why is there no true DK tank weapon in this xpansion that we can put the legendary gem in other than Kilrak, Jaws of terror which is a 1 handed weapon. Since the weapons are set this way how can ppl say Blood DKs aren't/can't duel weild. If any 1 has a suggestion or idea I haven't thought of plz let me know and ty

Itemization is not evidence that Blood DKs should dual wield.

Dual wielding is bad.

And even with 2 Kil'raks, you'd still have less mastery than with Shin'ka.

So yeah. Just stop.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Just use the axe and be quiet. It's quite good, even if it has crit
Edited by Postonforums on 12/8/2012 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
mastery doesnt affect the amount healed just blood sheild and thats not an answer to the question its u stating your opnion about DKs duel weilding
Reply Quote
i would gladly use the 2 handed ax but kinda hard to need on a dps weapon when the dps need a better weapon still
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
12/08/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Sylentnyte
mastery doesnt affect the amount healed just blood sheild and thats not an answer to the question its u stating your opnion about DKs duel weilding

What are you even talking about?

Shin'ka is the best endgame tanking weapon. You were the one that brought up DW tanking.

Kil'rak is also a DPS weapon. Warrior SMF and Frost DW.
Edited by Deathquoi on 12/8/2012 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/08/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Bamfs
i would gladly use the 2 handed ax but kinda hard to need on a dps weapon when the dps need a better weapon still

It's as much a tank weapon as DPS weapon.

Even more so, as you have no other viable option, Starshatter blows for tanking.

Since the weapons are set this way how can ppl say Blood DKs aren't/can't duel weild

Because halving your damage output for a gain of nothing is stupid
Edited by Postonforums on 12/8/2012 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
there is no inbuilt DW support for blood dks (dw frost hits with both weapons on abilities, blood doesnt)

the mastery on the 2h axe is sexy, and i would love to get it for tanking
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Push comes to shove use the agility polearm from spirit kings, its really not that bad for blood imo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/08/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Nixilaas
Push comes to shove use the agility polearm from spirit kings, its really not that bad for blood imo.

Only the heroic version of Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm is ever worth using as Blood. Lightbreaker Greatsword is better than the normal Screaming Tiger.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
how do you figure that?

normal still has 150 odd more mastery than the sword, aswell as more in the second reforgable stat. so normal screaming tiger > lightbreaker. atleast its how i see it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/09/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Nixilaas
normal still has 150 odd more mastery than the sword, aswell as more in the second reforgable stat. so normal screaming tiger > lightbreaker. atleast its how i see it.

the 850 some odd parry rating from strength

Mastery is great, amazing etc, but don't tunnel so hard on it.

And Expertise is really cool

Also, as anything I else I feel "bad" taking from someone, like you do with the axe, use your coins for it.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/9/2012 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/09/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Postonforums
Also, as anything I else I feel "bad" taking from someone, like you do with the axe, use your coins for it.

It's just as good for you as it is for anyone else. The spec is designed to play with a 2h. Any 2h with mastery and strength on it is a DK tanking weapon.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Ya, I don't personally feel bad about the axe, but there's some items, like the crit ring from terrace that I want eventually, but pass to the warriors
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They bother making Int plate for HPallys, I don't see why they can't make one 2h weapon with mastery/defensive stat for a Blood DK.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Kilrak, Jaws of terror which is a 1 handed weapon

you must be trolling
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Wish it had parry/mastery or dodge/mastery... Something to guarantee I don't "steal" it from a DPS... After all they're more important, right? sigh.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Manarri

Only the heroic version of Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm is ever worth using as Blood. Lightbreaker Greatsword is better than the normal Screaming Tiger.

Incorrect.

Normal Starshatter<Lightbreaker Greatsword<normal Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm<Heroic Starshatter< heroiScreaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm

that being said, the lfr axe> normal and lfr starshatter/polearm
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Normal Starshatter<Lightbreaker Greatsword<normal Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm<Heroic Starshatter< heroiScreaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm
how do you figure?
Reply Quote
well, lightbringer beats out starshatter due to the mastery.
polearm beats out lightbringer due to extra mastery and stam, the parry lost from the strength on the sword can be semi made up for with a simple haste-parry reforge.

the pure mastery on heroic polearm+haste reforge to parry beats out the strength on heroic starshatter, plus since expertise while useful for us, isn't nearly as vital due to RS not being impacted by expertise and DS heal regardless of hit or miss.

On a side note, Reniat, I wish I had your luck with drops, have set to see a lfr/normal/heroic starstealer, even the belt from terrace.
yet to see vial of dragon blood either, lol.
Edited by Salloreon on 12/9/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]