What's up with end game weapons for Blood DKs

90 Troll Death Knight
12/08/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Bamfs
i would gladly use the 2 handed ax but kinda hard to need on a dps weapon when the dps need a better weapon still

1. You're not dropping bosses in Normal or Heroic raids, that would never be an issue for you.
2. Dw tanking is terrible.
3. Gem and enchant and see if that helps you out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
So seeing as this is a topic about Dk tanking weapons I have a question for all you blood dks out there have you ever seen a 2 handed weapon that is primary for dps like the axe from terrace drop for you or any other blood dk you now in LFR mode of the raids?

Another thing is we need to band together and make blizzard take out blood dks ability to DW make it a passive that blood losses so that we don't get this !@#$ 1 handed crap that pisses us all off. ( i have told a GM about this i have also told them about the whole make weapons for blood DKs) IT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So seeing as this is a topic about Dk tanking weapons I have a question for all you blood dks out there have you ever seen a 2 handed weapon that is primary for dps like the axe from terrace drop for you or any other blood dk you now in LFR mode of the raids?

Another thing is we need to band together and make blizzard take out blood dks ability to DW make it a passive that blood losses so that we don't get this !@#$ 1 handed crap that pisses us all off. ( i have told a GM about this i have also told them about the whole make weapons for blood DKs) IT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW.
dk starting zone would be funneled into dw frost in order to finish that torture quest. thats the only reason blood and unholy are still allowed to dual wield.
Edited by Kusari on 12/9/2012 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/09/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Salloreon

Only the heroic version of Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm is ever worth using as Blood. Lightbreaker Greatsword is better than the normal Screaming Tiger.

Incorrect.

Normal Starshatter<Lightbreaker Greatsword<normal Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm<Heroic Starshatter< heroiScreaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm

that being said, the lfr axe> normal and lfr starshatter/polearm

That's horribly wrong. I'll just give you the entire tier's breakdown.

LFR Starshatter < Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm < normal Starshatter < Lightbreaker Greatsword < heroic Starshatter < heroic Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm < LFR Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion < normal Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion < heroic Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/08/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Bamfs
Why is there no true DK tank weapon in this xpansion that we can put the legendary gem in other than Kilrak, Jaws of terror which is a 1 handed weapon. Since the weapons are set this way how can ppl say Blood DKs aren't/can't duel weild. If any 1 has a suggestion or idea I haven't thought of plz let me know and ty

The fact they took both one handed weapons off the "loot table" for blood spec in lfr is a prime example of the developers not supporting dual wield tanking
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
12/09/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Salloreon
isn't nearly as vital due to RS not being impacted by expertise and DS heal regardless of hit or miss.

Expertise beats haste considerably, ignoring it is a bad idea, expertise is still a very powerful stat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In my personal opinion Blizzard should fix the duel wielding to be just on par as 2h tanking. With all the changes they have done to make the classes more play as you want i for one want to see more duel wield blood tanks. back in early wrath i loved duel wield blood tanking when the tallent system allowed it. and they have the rune forges for it that are currently doing nothing because of it. Also if some one who knows how to play duel wield blood tanking would be trying to, i for one would respect the person for trying to think outside the cookie cutter style.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
shin'ka is my personal choice, with the amount of upgrades it will be getting with legendary q's will likely make it better than starshatter in the long run, even if you get, say, lfr shin'ka over normal for starshatter.

oh, and dat mastery...love the mastery.

although, i kinda wish that blood dks had some support for DW, like increased parry and threat as opposed to the mitigation of 2h (and hitting with both weps on abilites, ofcourse.)
Edited by Øbsidious on 12/12/2012 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
with the use of blood tap you can refresh the blood rune to cast blood boil and with rolling blood the threight is still just as great in my opinion as it is in 2h. but i agree they should change the stats and spells to be useable with both duel wielding and 2h.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Normal Starshatter worse than Greatsword? I'll grant you the LFR probably is worse. But is 347 mastery worth more than 370 Stamina, 247 Strength, 178 Expertise and not to mention the considerably higher weapon damage on the Starshatter (plus the crit).

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=51208:50244;50241:51205
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/12/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Holywarlock
In my personal opinion Blizzard should fix the duel wielding to be just on par as 2h tanking. With all the changes they have done to make the classes more play as you want i for one want to see more duel wield blood tanks. back in early wrath i loved duel wield blood tanking when the tallent system allowed it. and they have the rune forges for it that are currently doing nothing because of it. Also if some one who knows how to play duel wield blood tanking would be trying to, i for one would respect the person for trying to think outside the cookie cutter style.

The talent system never really allowed for duel-wielding as a Blood tank. Only Frost had that option, as without Threat of Thurassain you simply couldn't keep up threat. If you were duel-wielding as a Blood tank you were being extremely sub optimal, just like it would be now.

Normal Starshatter worse than Greatsword? I'll grant you the LFR probably is worse. But is 347 mastery worth more than 370 Stamina, 247 Strength, 178 Expertise and not to mention the considerably higher weapon damage on the Starshatter (plus the crit).

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=51208:50244;50241:51205

Yes, that Mastery is worth more. The static and reliable gain you get from Mastery blows away any other defensive stats. Stamina means little unless you're spiking so much that you're in danger of getting two shot by a boss; that would indicate either bad execution of play or that you're under geared in general. 247 Strength is a bit of a DPS increase, and some extra Parry (about 200 rating, give or take). 178 Expertise isn't much of a jump, and translates to .52 more Expertise total.

So what you're really asking is: ~200 Parry + .52 Exp > 347 Mastery? Not even close.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Holywarlock

I would laugh at them for being terrible
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
but you see if they actually knew what they were doing and you laughed at them for knowing what they are doing then you would be the one who would be terrible. its just a fact.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/13/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Holywarlock
but you see if they actually knew what they were doing and you laughed at them for knowing what they are doing then you would be the one who would be terrible. its just a fact.

If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be playing Blood DW. It's just a fact.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/13/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Holywarlock

And now we've come to the point where you can't even type out a coherent thought. Duel-weilding as a Blood tank isn't supported, hasn't been supported, and at this time has no reason to be supported. That is just a fact.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't see why blood dks are the ones complaining about Shin'ka. All I see is mastery and a stat I get to reforge. Crit, meh. Mastery, *sprung*.

It would make more sense for the 2H frost dks to be pissed though. No haste sha-touched weapons!? Crit mastery is the worst combination for them, while DW gets the decent Hit/Mastery combo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]