Noble Orcs?

3 Orc Monk
They exist, right? Outside of Thrall and other few exceptions, the game seems to make them seem heartless and barbaric (the bad kind). And especially in the Tides of Darkness, where it describes all orcs as cheering at the bombing of Theramor. So I just want to know; orcs can be noble, right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Depends on the year it seems if you listen to blizz lore.
Reply Quote
81 Human Mage
They can, but you have to remember: Thrall is an exception. He wasn't raised by orcs, he was raised by humans. He, I have to say, learned more about them and that there ARE good humans(Taretha, Sergeant, etc), unlike most Orcs who saw them as the oppressors of their people.

He also wasn't drilled with the "Lok'tar Ogar" culture mentality that those like Garrosh, Nazgrim, etc, were. I'm not surprised most Orcs support Garrosh...they still have that mentality of "fightin' round the world" ala South Park.
Edited by Jorthen on 12/8/2012 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If you're asking from a writing a character perspective, yes they can. Lorewise Orcs are almost like sheep. They look for the big role models and don't necessarily have the wisdom to know if they go out of line.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Can be, sure. But by and large, they're really not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There are a lot of noble orcs: Saurfang, Saurfang the Younger, Etrigg, Every orc in outland but Garrosh...and more! In Tides of Darkness most of the orcs were cheering after Theramore, but not all.

Also, Theramore was a military base that had successfully taken over a vast stripe of land from Dustwallow to Ashenvale killing orcs and tauren all the way there. Does it invalidate nobility to be glad a military base isn't threatening the areas were all your civilians and kids are?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/08/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Every orc in outland but Garrosh

Some of Garrosh's biggest advocates are the Mag'har. Orcs who have never partaken of demon blood are just as bloodthirsty as the ones who have.

Does it invalidate nobility to be glad a military base isn't threatening the areas were all your civilians and kids are?

It does when Alliance does it, so yeah, it kind of does.
Reply Quote
There are a lot of noble orcs: Saurfang, Saurfang the Younger, Etrigg, Every orc in outland but Garrosh...and more!

The first 3 are about the closest we've had to Orcs who haven't drunk the koolaid, but the 2 that are still alive serve Garrosh's Horde still, and for all their TALK about penance, have never really made any true reparations to the Alliance.

Garrosh has actually employed quite a few Mag'har in his conquests from the Cataclysm era onward. He was not an anamoly. He was a beloved leader and many Mag'har, along with many other Orcs, appear to share his views without reservation.

Also, Theramore was a military base that had successfully taken over a vast stripe of land from Dustwallow to Ashenvale killing orcs and tauren all the way there. Does it invalidate nobility to be glad a military base isn't threatening the areas were all your civilians and kids are?

Theramore was its own nation, a sovreign nation established in Dustwallow before the Horde had any claim whatsoever to Kalimdor, made by Humans who landed on Kalimdor at nearly the same time the Orcs did. It did have a standing army, but said standing army was one any nation would have a right to have, especially with the threat of the Black Dragonflight and the Grimtotem closeby, as well as active Horde spyings and assassinations on Theramore citizens and operatives that had been going on since the Vanilla era.

So yes, the Horde rejoicing over the Massacre of an entire nation is wrong, if not outright evil.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

So yes, the Horde rejoicing over the Massacre of an entire nation is wrong, if not outright evil.

The orcs of blackrock mountain are an entire nation. I've been directed by the Alliance to Massacre every member of the Dark Horde (and succeeded!), so I guess the Alliance is wrong if not outright evil.

If your "entire nation" is actively destroying other towns like Camp Tarujo, it's not shocking when the same happens to them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

The orcs of blackrock mountain are an entire nation. I've been directed by the Alliance to Massacre every member of the Dark Horde (and succeeded!), so I guess the Alliance is wrong if not outright evil.

If your "entire nation" is actively destroying other towns like Camp Tarujo, it's not shocking when the same happens to them.

I wouldn't call it a massacre but considering how even the Horde does it to....but it's obvious you're reaching. Dark Horde wasn't technically a nation. No Alliance is not outright evil.

Camp Taurajo was done correctly, could of done worse but we CHOSE not to. Why people constantly bring it up...
Reply Quote

Did you actually get a quest to wipe out every orc, ogre, and troll in Blackrock Spire, or just the leaders?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Those are Old Horde, who are evil, and are in league with the current Horde.

12/08/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

So Orgrimmar should get obliterated? Given that Orgrimmar had started this war when they were actively attacking Sentinel outposts in Ashenvale for fun, and the Defilers were literally trying to destroy the League of Arathor.
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/8/2012 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/08/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Mordstreich
So Orgrimmar should get obliterated? Given that Orgrimmar had started this war when they were actively attacking Sentinel outposts in Ashenvale for fun, and the Defilers were literally trying to destroy the League of Arathor.

Of course not; crippling the enemy and ending the war is WRONG because the Alliance is MORALS'n'stuff
Reply Quote

The nation of Theramore is in the Barrens reinforcing its sister state within the Alliance, the Night Elven nation of Darnassus and Northern Kalimdor, due to the Horde's unjust and invasionary war against said nation.

Camp Taurajo's destruction was an orderly military action taken by the defending nation in a war of a conquest, performed well within the most constrained and liberal rules of engagement, with any violators of said rules on the Alliance side actively punished by the Alliance.

Whether it's "shocking" or not that the Horde retaliated isn't the point. The point is, the Horde massacred an entire nation and wiped out tens of thousands of civilians, perhaps hundreds of thousands during a war that THEY initiated. Cheering that on is an evil action.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/08/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Tessa

Of course not; crippling the enemy and ending the war is WRONG because the Alliance is MORALS'n'stuff

That's not what people say but thanks for demeaning it and making whoever supports the idea of NOT obliberating Orgrimmar is lesser.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I can't really see how celebrating a major military victory is an evil act
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The Blackrock Clan. You mean the traditionalist Horde? The one that continued active Demon Worship and sacrament after the end of the Second war? Yeah, that directive was made after the Alliance found out they were the Vanguard of Black Dragons and helping to try and purge the planet -- starting with Stormwind. Lest we forget that they had been raiding the Redridge Mountains for years before that.

Post Cataclysm, with Blackwing dead, they went back to Demon Worship, and invading the Kingdom of Azeroth. In fact, they were planning to summon a Pit Lord into the Burning Steppes and use it to demolish Redridge. Colonel Troteman and John J. Keeshan are to thank for stopping that one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Aureus
I can't really see how celebrating a major military victory is an evil act

It's not per se, but when you have people defending a group as being good and peaceful, it's a little hypocritical when you see said group celebrate a violent act
Edited by Noitora on 12/8/2012 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

So why didn't the US retaliate with nuclear weapons after 9/11?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
And here...we....go.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]