What 90% casual Mistweaver can heal?

90 Blood Elf Priest
We'll be seeing 5.2 hit the PTR fairly soon. I don't think we'll have to wait too long to see changes made to the class. GC admitted that Mistweaver is really difficult to balance and they haven't done so yet.

So. We'll see. I've got my shaman on the backburner in case they don't do anything to make MW fun again in 5.2. I can easily do all of current content as a MW but I can't say I'm having fun with how the class plays anymore.

That's the exact problem right now. It's easier to play another healer, and unless you're a masochist, it's more fun as well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Steps to solving the issue Include;

Stop being maggots and learn to play your nerfed classes better.

Blizzard will never balance classes.Example: Pvp

/thread.

Kthxbai

You have "qt" in your name. Please go away and never come back you trend following !@# who can't make a decent thread comment.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ty for the idea on how to heal. I still outheal other class healers in most content except in HOF (not included Garalon). I just want to heal the best, that's why I spend many time on forum, reading the hardcore players' style of healing, learning from them.

The main point is that the great nerf make Mistweaver not that fun to play. Bliz create Mistweaver not to copy other class healers, but really make a fun healer, totally diff with other class healers, but with less utilities (so Bliz at pre-nerf stage, make rm travel to 3 ppl to cover the shortcomings). I believe Bliz really think a lot to make this class as fun as possible. I like Brewmaster than my DK (still at level 87), Bliz make Brewmaster so fun to play, not like DK, repeating spam that very few buttons only.

Can we still jab x 2 + uplift to top the raid up? Not really (because of rm nerf). We need to choose Chi Torpedo to heal the one that rm din cover up. SCK is too costly, cannot use like pre-nerf state (still can use, but cannot use so much).

Bliz should not nerf rm this way, make it to travel to 2 person (and really not smart at all, it travel by judging the distance as top priority).

What I suggest is that rm remain travel to 3 ppl, but uplift should act something like Chi Torpedo which have 2 or 3 charges. Pre-nerf state Mistweaver have so high HPS because of spamming uplift too much and cos so much overhealing. Bliz should nerf uplift, not rm.

Now, I am sure if the raid leader have an option to choose 2 Disp Priests and 2 Mistweavers, they will choose 2 Disp Priests as they can heal better than the 2 Mistweavers (except in Garalon).
Edited by Xiongxiong on 12/9/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Hasn't cleared 16/16. Isn't casual raider? Sorry but if you have not yet cleared 16/16 plus some hard modes, your 100% casual.
Edited by Tiernä on 12/9/2012 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yes..I am absolutely casual raider.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Pretty average gear here, still topping 10m meters in pugs, just took more work than before
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Are you healing 10 or 25 raids? Because honestly, I didn't see much of a change in 10 man.

Then again, I gained like 3k spirit since the nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm not really casual (4/6H).

The addition of crit to mana tea together with Ascension giving +15% mana did result in a lot of extra mana in 5.1. I had a couple of days of wild SCK usage. Ascension wasn't really worthwhile pre-patch, so I understand trying to make the talent not an "auto-pass". Crit rating was generally accepted as the best secondary for monks. I don't understand why it was buffed by adding it to mana tea. However, I do like having additional effects from crit.

After the large mana cost jumps, I don't use SCK. I'm considering moving to do someplace where I won't accidentally hit it and take a drastic hit to the mana pool. I spend a lot more time not using global cooldowns (something that I was used to do on a holy priest for regen reasons but is very new to the monk). The two fights where I don't worry about my mana are Sha and H Gar'jal (both of which have fight mechanics which allow you to get your mana back without needing the regen on your character sheet - mmm crakle orbs and spirit world). I'm making it (although working a lot harder for it) and pop back and forth for the number 1 heals slot in our ten man with the holy paladin.

I gear with the stat priority of spirit > crit >> mastery >>>>> haste. Hitting the first break point for renewing mists only with haste. I've thought about trying to rearrange gear for the second haste break point; however, since renewing mists can't be up on as much of even a ten man raid anymore, I haven't bothered.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm not really casual (4/6H).

The addition of crit to mana tea together with Ascension giving +15% mana did result in a lot of extra mana in 5.1. I had a couple of days of wild SCK usage. Ascension wasn't really worthwhile pre-patch, so I understand trying to make the talent not an "auto-pass". Crit rating was generally accepted as the best secondary for monks. I don't understand why it was buffed by adding it to mana tea. However, I do like having additional effects from crit.

After the large mana cost jumps, I don't use SCK. I'm considering moving to do someplace where I won't accidentally hit it and take a drastic hit to the mana pool. I spend a lot more time not using global cooldowns (something that I was used to do on a holy priest for regen reasons but is very new to the monk). The two fights where I don't worry about my mana are Sha and H Gar'jal (both of which have fight mechanics which allow you to get your mana back without needing the regen on your character sheet - mmm crakle orbs and spirit world). I'm making it (although working a lot harder for it) and pop back and forth for the number 1 heals slot in our ten man with the holy paladin.

I gear with the stat priority of spirit > crit >> mastery >>>>> haste. Hitting the first break point for renewing mists only with haste. I've thought about trying to rearrange gear for the second haste break point; however, since renewing mists can't be up on as much of even a ten man raid anymore, I haven't bothered.

How u do your aoe healing since u din use SCK? Just rm, uplift, chi burst, chi torpedo?
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
The nerfs I hate the most is the RM and EM nerfs. EM really hurt my single target healing and the overall flow of my healing/chi regen. Yeah healing spheres are great but trying to place them is rough when the tank has to move ect..

It seems like Uplift was the problem so why not just nerf Uplift instead of gutting every ability we had.

I can almost see the RM nerf...I hate it but I can kinda understand it. But why the nerf to EM, and why didn't they keep the mana cost lower on SooM? I mean isn't that spell suppose to be our spell we can cast forever without going oom like every other healer?

I just feel like the nerfs made the class feel clunky, and annoying, and I almost never use uplift anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]