For years I've been a part of the Alliance.

90 Gnome Warlock
For years I've been a part of the Alliance. But, recently, I have indulged myself in some World of Warcraft lore. I've read only 2 books. Lord of the Clans, and Day of the Dragon. But after completing Lord of the Clans I have grown a relationship with the Orcs. Specifically their Warchief(s). Doomhammer (rip), and Thrall. Hellscream is mighty, and so is Drek'Thar.

I come hear to see if this has happened to anyone else? I feel as if I'm on the verge of converting myself the the Horde and fighting for them. It's been years and it isn't such an easy thing to do. I know I don't know much lore, and I'm sure the Horde has done some gruesome things.. But the Horde seem so appealing because of their leaders.. and how they formed... and what they originally stood for.

Would I regret this decision?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's the inner lok-tar within you, give in to the red side.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
These are 2 novels that are based around the Horde. It will be easy to relate to them if that's all you've read. Even the War of the Ancients with Broxigar will have you screaming Lok'Tar.

Read Stormrage and Wolfheart for a glimpse into the Alliance and their powerful leadership.

I am an extremely lore driven individual with a focus on trolls. I await the day an author writes a book around Vol'jin and his tribulations. To be handed an entire tribe when his father passes to leading that tribe based on morality. His most recent dealings with Garrosh and this new Horde.

I want to see more Dark Trolls emerge as a larger presence in current Azeroth as well as the Sandfury and the neglected Loa of the Troll Empire.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Bagamut
am an extremely lore driven individual with a focus on trolls. I await the day an author writes a book around Vol'jin and his tribulations.

Good news, supposedly there is going to be a new book on Vol'jin coming out in the near future.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I myself find more interest in the elves, both sides. Yes I have both Alliance and Horde characters. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the Orc warchief Thrall. Garrosh is not so much a leader as a dictator. His choices and methods are not what I consider good the the Orcs.

But all of that is design on the part of the developers. You do not have to stay Alliance for every character. In the beginning I stayed with one faction. But my curiousity to explore got me to roll many characters of many races. One thing you should think about is maybe devoting one server to Alliance and one to Horde. That way you can do some experimenting.
Reply Quote
I felt the exact same way, to a 'T.' But it will pass. Especially after the Cataclysm.

The original Orc I made after reading those books died at level 15. I went back to the Alliance. I tried leveling Horde again and could not stand the abhorrent questing experience. I felt uncomfortable being a member of the Horde.

The only reason I got to this point on Khenlola is because of the Guild I am in. RAF leveling helped a real lot as well. Skipped most of the story. But that is just me, mind you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I myself find more interest in the elves, both sides. Yes I have both Alliance and Horde characters. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the Orc warchief Thrall. Garrosh is not so much a leader as a dictator. His choices and methods are not what I consider good the the Orcs.

But all of that is design on the part of the developers. You do not have to stay Alliance for every character. In the beginning I stayed with one faction. But my curiousity to explore got me to roll many characters of many races. One thing you should think about is maybe devoting one server to Alliance and one to Horde. That way you can do some experimenting.

I like the idea
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]