Chaos Bolt hit You 135163

I have 5600 Resil and they still hit me this hard? WTF! I can't hit anything that hard even if they were naked.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Take a chaos wave to the face. now THOSE kill you fast. Oh and don't forget DF frost bombs. Lol at this game.
Reply Quote
I wonder why I even bother playing this toon anymore.
Reply Quote
not when you're in a BG in a crowd fighting.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
12/07/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Shurrick
WTF! I can't hit anything that hard even if they were naked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyZmc602z-k

Adding gasoline to this kind of discussion always makes things better, right?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
135k is a joke compared to some of the chaos bolts i have been hit with.
i'm also at 6,800 resill.
Edited by Viiss on 12/7/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's just frustrating that I love to PvP on my rogue, it's the reason I even play WoW and they are basically worthless right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
5600 resil isnt alot
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
In BGs we now have to decide between shutting down the healer or shutting down the warlock.

I wasn't meant for these times.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Must be Rogues, because I got hit by two 100k incinerates back to back.. but hey i managed to interrupt the Chaos bolt.
Reply Quote
Lol got hit today for a 130k frost bomb following 3 icelances which killed me. Later on I went to go kill a mop rare for novelty !@#$ and a holy pally hit me for a 40k holy shock.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/07/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Shurrick
I have 5600 Resil and they still hit me this hard? WTF! I can't hit anything that hard even if they were naked.

Doesn't shadow-burn hit harder anyway?? Even though you need to be low on hps

12/07/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Dankbandit
smoke bomb

3 minute CD vs an ability that costs all his 'combo points'. k

12/07/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Dankbandit
kick

Undying resolve you mad bro?

Point is, you can't stop every chaos bolt man. He's bound to get at least 1 off (even though you can deny quite a few).
Edited by Sinzx on 12/7/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
135k is a joke compared to some of the chaos bolts i have been hit with.
i'm also at 6,800 resill.

My thought exactly. I'm over 6.8k resil and I get hit for over 200k by some chaos bolts.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Doesn't Chaos Bolt ignore defenses? Pretty sure that's it's gimmick. It's on a CD has a long cast time but ignores defenses.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/07/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Orexis
Doesn't Chaos Bolt ignore defenses? Pretty sure that's it's gimmick. It's on a CD has a long cast time but ignores defenses.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt

Technically no cd, but it takes a bit of effort to get 3 embers. Pretty sure it doesn't ignore defenses though...you can cloak it.
Reply Quote
94 Human Rogue
I've hit people for 130k evis before...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Shurrick
not when you're in a BG in a crowd fighting.

NO TL;DR sorry!

My opinion my help you sir. I will tell you what I do duing that situation. I assume you are referring to a big brawl in mid field, maybe fighting over a flag or a brawl going down at a node.

As a hunter I am naturally going to be in the outter edges of the fight , firing into the melee, of course I usually see a caster or two doing the same thing. A big fight as you describe is chaos at best so you will have to change your play style up a bit and heres why.

As we are firing / casting in to the melee pile of players. There of course will be healers. All ranged instinctively will target them first or break our ranged dps up and target healers or squishy players OR players that are low armored.The ultimate goal is to have more dudes standing then they do.

Unless you are carrying the flag or have friends from a premade with you a rogue is NOT a high priority target to keep alive according to most healers IMHO. So if you are brawling in the mix and dont have a pocket healer, expect to get destroyed quickly.

This is where you change it up! When the fight breaks out observe the area. Look for outter circle victims. Let the heavier armored players get in the middle of the main brawl. Go for the perimeter players that are free casting. Even if you dont kill them for whatever reason, you will cause a clink in the gears and break their flow.
Edited by Raygar on 12/8/2012 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Didnt you make this thread on the warlock forums too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]