Storm Bolt ... loving it.

90 Dwarf Warrior
When the Avatar nerf hit I decided to try out Storm Bolt instead. Wow! I love it. I'm primarily pvp and it rocks! Nice to have another stun/interrupt. Short timer. Very nice.

If I was primarily pve I'd still use Avatar. But in pvp Storm Bolt is a very nice tool to have in the ol' warrior tool box of taking apart other classes.
Reply Quote
I'd rather have Concussion Blow back...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I miss Throwdown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
LOL I miss throwdown too! Anyways, yea I like Storm Bolt too. Since our silence from Heroic Throw is gone, Storm Bolt is good for interrupting those pesky healers/casters from a distance. But I still like extra damage over that :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Throwdown won't come back because the animation couldn't be trinketed.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Stormbolt is good for PvE too! I often get 300k crits every 30 seconds (for the trolls, I said often). The dps increase seems better than bloodbath to me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I got mine macroed with rage for the hit every 30 sec key :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I run with a feral, and I plan to go kitty cleave, with a hpally, so stun is dr out the !@#. Might be good for some utility, but it's pretty much just wasted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/07/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Asdferty
Throwdown won't come back because the animation couldn't be trinketed.

The same animation is now used for Warbringer, I think. Looks the same to me anyway. If you were primarily PvE, you should be taking Bloodbath not avatar.

I want to like Stormbolt, but I just can't. And I want to hate Avatar, but it's just impossible to not take it since it's the only way you can kill resto druids and some healers if you end up 1v1 against them in an arena. Bloodbath doesn't do wonders either. Since they just heal through the dots.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I found it funny that when blizz nerfed gag order (only needed the nerf on pummel) They said if we were really missing the utility we could spec Storm bolt. I mean really losing burst for some utility that Drs with shockwave is kinda silly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
12/08/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Ezyo
I found it funny that when blizz nerfed gag order (only needed the nerf on pummel) They said if we were really missing the utility we could spec Storm bolt. I mean really losing burst for some utility that Drs with shockwave is kinda silly.

The funny thing is that the pummel wasn't the problem. It was around forever, monks still have it on freaking steroids. blizz basically said they didnt like the heroic throw part yet the forums constantly talk about pummel being op lol.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Throwdown was nice. Team up with another warrior and coordinate your throsdowns and it was pretty good.

Though I really did enjoy doing BG's as prot with concussion blow and shockwave, and gag order, the two charges and spell reflect against casters.

Man, those were good times.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Throwdown was nice. Team up with another warrior and coordinate your throsdowns and it was pretty good.

Though I really did enjoy doing BG's as prot with concussion blow and shockwave, and gag order, the two charges and spell reflect against casters.

Man, those were good times.

Shhhh O.O they might be listening! You might get banned for reminiscing about their perceived balance mistakes D:
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
If you use stormbolt or avatar over bloodbath in PvE you're cheating nobody but yourself out of extra DPS. lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/07/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Taunque
I'd rather have Concussion Blow back...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah so I've heard. If I focused on pve I'd take your advice. And actually I might do just that?

12/09/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Morcerf
If you use stormbolt or avatar over bloodbath in PvE you're cheating nobody but yourself out of extra DPS. lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I really like Stormbolt at prot...I just wish the animation was more badass.

Right now it looks like a I'm sprinkling glitter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
You would rather have concussion blow back?

You mean the melee range only, similar cooldown, low damage version of StormBolt that had NO compensation for diminishing returns?
Edited by Theodorr on 12/10/2012 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
12/09/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Morcerf

I dunno, bloodbaths duration is 12 seconds every minute. Even if I hit DR with blood bath and get 30k ticks pers second, that is 360k damage. Stormbolt does 300% weapon damage on bosses (that can't be stunned) every 30 seconds. Just popping BS alone with a stormbolt gets me a 300k crit and I can do that twice a minute. If I pop trinket and poition of mogu on opener after a CS, I can see much higher crits followed on the next 30 second swing.

Not saying bloodbath is worse but I'm willing to listen to why bloodbath should be used over stormbolt. My dps meters are on average 3k higher overall on boss fights too. As for aoe, I can totally see bloodbath coming out ahead.

I have never been able to pull threat off my tank before but popping all cd's, CS, SB and then MS and Slam has certainly done exactly that. I'll have to look at the logs after we raid this week and next and try them both for a comparison.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]