Ghostcrawler's opinion on the totem change.

90 Pandaren Shaman
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/277239563443916800

Not quite sure how its unfair.. but okay.
Edited by Ishammy on 12/9/2012 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
"We thought the new totems felt unfair when used while silenced. Sorry you disagree"

Eh.. what can we do? I guess we could write a petition or something to try and get him canned :) They know we are upset, but the question is do they know that they are wrong or just think we are overacting? I assume they think we are overreacting and don't realized they made a mistake since they have shown several times that they know very little about shamans.
Reply Quote
94 Undead Warlock
I think its unfair to only get to use 1 ability when silenced , in addition to only 1 while feared.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Druid
"We thought the new totems felt unfair when used while silenced. Sorry you disagree"

Doesn't he play a mage...?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

and Mages are OP right now are they not? He's selfish as hell. It stupid that DPS shaman's have 1 defensive CD and its crap compared to other classses
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So, if it was the new totems, let's figure out which one it could be.

HTT:Should've been neutered with the pvp power nerf. Couldn't possibly be that outside of resto's version.
Windwalk:Possibly, but enhancement had this as earthen power, granted this works better now than it used to.
Earthgrab:Worked fine before, unless suddenly having ele's AoE root work without needing everyone on top of him felt unfair, highly doubt. Could be some combo of EG+HTT+SLT to stop the enemy from reaching your HTT (range exist, so that really shouldn't be it)

Anyone else got any ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
If I had to guess, I'd say HTT + SLT for resto was the culprit. Although I frankly don't see that combo as markedly more "unfair" than a holy pally casting bubble on himself and then spamming heals on his teammates.

More to the point, that "unfair" totem combo isn't even available to the two dps specs. This was chainsaw surgery.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Unfair:

Dropping a Totem while silenced?

Bubbling while silenced?

Disperser Beast while silenced?

Eminence Healing while silenced. Interrupting, CCing, Disarming while silenced... So... Monks can have a physical school?

Pain Sup while silenced?

It kinda seemed balanced to me.

Now Shammies are screwed. What little defense we had is completely gone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Remember his opinion is the only one that matters and at the moment is wrong. In order to balance out something that was not op you screw the other specs not sure what thought went into that. If you take away the only out we have then take away the out for everyone when silenced. Been playing for sometime now and one class I can remember never being bad was mage
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Our totems have 5hp. Granted HTT doesn't, but is it that hard to target a totem and spend a GCD or two to take out the SLT?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I play ele and I just love being blanket silenced >20% and not being able to mitigate some of the damage coming my way with grounding totem or stoneskin /sarcasm .

Now i just have to pretty much stand there and let them finish me off.

It really sucks, I don't have anything I can do while i'm silenced anymore, usually i would either stoneskin to mitigate some of the damage happening to me or ground some of the damage coming my way if its a caster.

I don't understand what else I can do to survive. Maybe save trinket for silences?... lolwot

Any ideas?

Also why cant we get a silence like the majority of all spell casters have now that can even be used as a blanket silence if you don't interrupt the actual cast, i know there is a glyph for windshear that adds an extra 1 second to the lock out but that's not the same as a proper silence spell.

Loving how a nerf to one role of shaman has a massive negative impact on the other 2 roles
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I like how he says " I FEEL like i have several times", implying that he has. But he is just leaving a out without lying on his twitter and being called out for it. Makes me wonder about said developers integrity. Anyway thought it was kinda odd that GC feels anything for the shaman class other than regret that he has to deal with it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel like resto shams have been the best pvp healer for the the last expansion and this one and it's time to nerf them. Sorry that you are being knocked down to the levels with the rest of the healers. Such a tragedy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Too many none of these complaints on the Shaman forums will get any notice from the developers. As far as they know, we're okay with this nerf.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Volpit
I feel like resto shams have been the best pvp healer for the the last expansion and this one and it's time to nerf them. Sorry that you are being knocked down to the levels with the rest of the healers. Such a tragedy.

It's quite the tragedy when balancing resto requires ghostcrawler to completely ruin elemental and nerf enhance.
Reply Quote
19 Pandaren Shaman
It's ok guys, when they begin to see the number of people playing shaman dwindle once again perhaps they will realize maybe shaman needs a buff to get more back into the class.

I thought totems were supposed to act in unique ways to buff or damage our enemies? Hell, we all may as well reroll (insert class that can buff here) because now totems to me seem obsolete. Not only are the spells and effects "killable" (by targeting said totem) they can now be silenced out completly.

I usually don't complain about nerfs to the classes i love, but this one is worth posting over.
Edited by Yînyang on 12/9/2012 3:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/07/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Kobato

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/12/this-strip-hotfixed-for-5-1/

As of Cata Beta he mained a Druid, but no updates on that score since then.

12/08/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Safehaven
but is it that hard to target a totem and spend a GCD or two to take out the SLT?

SLTs power was never in the damage reduction, but in the health redistribution which happened instantly. It didn't matter if you turned to it and took the GCD to kill it, because it had already done its job with the tick-upon-drop and any extra pressure it can take off of the shamans team at that point is gravy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Says the Paladin.

X fuggin D!

Not sure what this means?

Rshams are by far the best pvp heals. (Edit) just because you have never broke 1600 rating doesn't mean that all shamans are bad lol.

I mean it does suck for enh and ele as their pvp status is quite low. Hope to see buffs coming their way but rshams are out of control and will be seeing more nerfs as I'm sure paladins will as we are probably the 2nd best pvp heals fairly close with rdruids too.
Edited by Volpit on 12/9/2012 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Why is ghostcrawler still employed? It seems like everyone but mages hate him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]