Now that it is soo hard to gear alts.

30 Worgen Druid
I lost all motivation or ambition to play anymore. I feel plain burnt out on dailies. Anyone else feel the same way?.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I decided to leave my alts on my old server just so I wouldn't bother to try and level/gear them.

I'd rather not have another Cataclysm happen where I was so sick of the quests/dungeons that it would take ages to get my toons to 85.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
Blame the people that wanted the daily cap removed. Its not blizzards fault you have no self control and they have to tell you that doing 200 dailies is not a great idea
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/08/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Northernlite
Blame the people that wanted the daily cap removed. Its not blizzards fault you have no self control and they have to tell you that doing 200 dailies is not a great idea

If they thought doing so many dailies was not a great idea, they wouldn't have gated so much of the best pre-raid gear behind it. If the rewards from them were on par with heroics or even LFR, people wouldn't feel nearly so compelled to do them, and you wouldn't be seeing all these complaints about them, and burn-out, and being alt unfriendly.
Edited by Mooniverse on 12/8/2012 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nope. Ive geared an alt mage up to a start into lfr, and now Im doing a monk. Too much time on my hands? maybe
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Odd. I got my warlock to ilvl 480 with only doing enough dailies to get to honored with golden lotus, so about 4 days of GL dailies. Honestly, I have found gearing up this expansion easier than ever before.

I don't really see how those 2 or 3 pieces of valor gear are going to make or break an alt. When did the mentality of 'have to take every advantage' start applying to alts?
Edited by Sayne on 12/8/2012 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
How is it hard to gear alts? This is the first expansion where we've had LFR right at the start, that's a lot of potential gear there(more than has been there in any previous expansion). With the recent rep changes you can hit revered with shado-pan and klaxxi without doing a single daily, that's quite a few pieces of VP gear you can get. It's probably easier to gear alts this expansion than it has been in past expansions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I hit 90 not even last week.
I've played a total of maybe 6-7 hours on this character. She's fairly well geared for not even trying.
Within 2 days My hunter was in LFR. :| It's easy to get gear this expansion.. I don't even have to try !
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
12/08/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Mooniverse

If they thought doing so many dailies was not a great idea, they wouldn't have gated so much of the best pre-raid gear behind it. If the rewards from them were on par with heroics or even LFR, people wouldn't feel nearly so compelled to do them, and you wouldn't be seeing all these complaints about them, and burn-out, and being alt unfriendly.

None of that gear is nececery, Heroic gear straiht into the first raid. The stuff that you can buy is crappy for most specs that stats are just bad
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've played a total of maybe 6-7 hours on this character. She's fairly well geared for not even trying.
Within 2 days My hunter was in LFR. :| It's easy to get gear this expansion.. I don't even have to try !
It could only be easier if they gave you a quest item from a world boss to get free epic boots...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Nope, and I haven't done a single daily on my alts. Who ever thinks otherwise needs to look a larger picture and think things through a little more.

I see a lot of these threads and they generally say bad things about dailies but over look some basic facts. For example: obtaining 2250 valor piece gear will take you into the 3rd week of valor capping. By this point you'd be exalted with most factions. Players should have been asking for a weekly valor point cap increase instead obtaining rep and valor more quickly. You will gear faster this way. One other thing that really bugs me is if I want a JP point gear 2250 item it will take me 65 heroic boss kills. Upgrade the item once and that will be a total of 108 boss kills, for one item which is lesser quality than what you can obtain in a heroic. On top of that they don't even have JP gear to fill all the armor slots! Higher JP drops per kill is needed, JP gear needs to match the item level of heroics and have all armor slots available for the player to fill in the caps they can't obtain.
Edited by Bahklava on 12/8/2012 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
not going to either, I am burnt out from all these dailies, i'd rather do dungeons with an open tabard, The LFR might be open right away , but i have a proven 11 LFR boss downs IN A ROW, and no new grear, drops rates in LFR are a joke, gate gear behind gated dailies is just dumb , i am not renewing until they put out the 4 'end game' dungeons to get everyone to final content, and even then i think ill stop again, the carrot on the stick has shrunk for me
Reply Quote
98 Human Priest

TOKI!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Read one of the hundred other threads about this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do exactly as many dailies as I want to do; I don't burn myself out on them. Some days I'm in a "Do ALL THE DAILIES" mood, and others I do a few and call it a day.

Honestly, you shouldn't feel compelled to get unlock all the valor gear possible as fast as you can, especially on alts. When the first raid of this tier came out, I was pretty much using nothing but heroic blues, and we did fine, it wasn't impossible to do. Hell, one of our healers hardly gets on to do dailies at all, still wearing blues at this moment, but I challenge anyone to compete with his numbers nonetheless.

You don't need to grind dailies on all of your toons! If I hear the "We're forced to do dailies/LFR" argument one more time, I think I'm going to have an aneurysm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's funny..

People used to complain the game was too easy and dull..

Now its too hard and dull

If doing dailies is the worst part of your WoW experience then surely your not having a bad time.

Spice it up a bit, you don't HAVE to do dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/08/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Sanchoe
I lost all motivation or ambition to play anymore. I feel plain burnt out on dailies. Anyone else feel the same way?.

I ran 5 toons through raid finder this week with no issues. I don't see any problems.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think people are just used to the end of cata's rate of gear up, and forget how the expansion (and all previous expansions) started out.

The process is much, much quicker now.
430~440 you get with just questing.
450~460 you get with queueing for dungeons and scenerios.
470 you get with 2~3 boe pieces, sha quest boots, and 2 lfr drops. Valor neck takes no dailies, just questing in dread wastes.

Some other fun alt gearing facts.
-If you have a main thats revered with shado pan and klaxxi just leveling your char in steppes/summit and wastes is enough to get them to honored shado pan and revered klaxxi.
-Pvp power and resil don't affect the amount of other stats on an item, so using pvp honor and conquest gear for pve is fine for most classes and roles. Even the crafted pvp gear works well.
-The queue pause system lets you queue for multi things at the same time, and not lose your place in line while doing them. Queue for a raid wing, dungeon, and a scenerio at the same time. Do them back to back with little to no wait time, even as dps or lfr tank. Also doing that once a day for 5 days will leave you valor capped.
-It takes a week of dailies to unlock enough rewards to spend a month's worth of valor. If you do them at all, do them at your own pace. Please, no more complaints about dailies threads. Takes even less than that if you have a main capable of getting the revered commendations.

Got 4 alts to 470 ilvl doing this (minus the honor/conquest gear because I hate wow pvp). Since I'm a pretty lazy person I'm sure most of you guys can do it even more efficiently. Posted on my most mist faction progressed char.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I don't understand the "it is too hard" argument.

It is too hard to play a game?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I gave up on this toon, my alt, yes I barely did dailies and got her geared for raiding plus my main. BUT I shelved this toon as I felt like I was playing two half !@# toons. I also like all aspects of this game (except role playing) and I just could not get into pvp etc having two raiding toons. I personally do not think it is alt friendly if you have restricted time to play. I don't mind playing one..just wish I realised how time consuming it was going to be before I rolled this toon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]