Bring Marksman back!

100 Troll Hunter
12/11/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Ilci

So you can spam Steady Shot as MM?

Ugh, newcomers.

Hunters were relegated to spamming a Steady Shot macro while Beast Master spec'd for the entirety of the Burning Crusade raid cycle. Sure, it put us right behind Azzinoth'd Rogues for top dps, but it was f***** BORING. Combine that with the being dead last in arena representation, and BC was a very forgettable expansion for this class- and left me with a permanent foul taste with the BM spec.

I have been a hunter since before BW existed, I am not a newcomer. I am well aware of what TBC was. BM MoP is nowhere near what BM TBC was, so there is no reason to "crater" BM so you can simply spam Steady as MM (granted, you won't be spamming Steady nearly as much as what TBC had...but consider that nothing was worth casting as BM except steady shot, that was a design flaw).

MM can be brough up to speed without gutting BM, and enough hunters would like to be BM simply because they like the spec better.

And not because it is a "easy spec". It is easy to play at its minimal efficiency, but to maximize your output,you have to juggle just as much as a MM or SV player has to.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/09/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Crooklyn
i just want to pvp as something other than bm is that too much to ask for :'(

Not at all. You dont HAVE to play bm. Its your 15 dollars dude.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
as far as i know survival is doing good and mm is not that far behind, you should do just fine playing what you like the most..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
jk
This class (with Thrill of the Hunt) has the least predictable rotation out of anything I've played in 6 years of WoW...

I still don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but my game experiences so far tell me that it's pretty annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
you hardly rely on your pet to do damage, it does like ~half your damage, and even then half your pets damage is from kill command which is controlled by you, so in reality your pet is doing like 25% of your damage, and it's not clunky at all imo, it's pretty straight forward and smooth if played correctly, sv and mm are alot more clunky imo.

also with 4 pc and a good weapon mm is about the same dps as bm, 4 pc is amazing for mm and a good weapon because mm abilities are based on alot of your weapon damage, don't worry mm has always been gear dependent, later on in the expac it'll be top dps when we get better gear.
Edited by Hareu on 12/12/2012 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Verdash
Is it any less nonsense when MM or SV is mandatory, or even when 1 spec out of 3 can't compete at all?

Not at all. I don't think any class should be forced into a specialization just to retain viability. Kinda defeats the purpose of multiple specs.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 06:33 AMPosted by Hareu
and it's not clunky at all imo

you MUST be referring to pve. In pvp BM is at the very best clunky, at the worst it is fundamentally and unfix-ably flawed.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Been trying both survival and MM out some more. Using Aimed Shot as a focus dump for MM is not pleasant, due to the long long cast time. It would be like as a fire mage having to spend most of your time hardcasting pyroblast.

I wonder though if you could just save aimed shot for when you get Fire! or when the target is over 90% health, and instead use Arcane Shot as your main focus dump? Aimed Shot just hits so much harder than Arcane I'm not sure this would be a good idea though. And the new glyph that lets you cast Aimed while moving suggests Blizzard intends for you to be casting Aimed most of the time as well.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/12/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Rämbo
and it's not clunky at all imo

you MUST be referring to pve. In pvp BM is at the very best clunky, at the worst it is fundamentally and unfix-ably flawed.

In light of the BW nerf, tieing a stun/snare/root break to KC (and Blink Strike?) would do wonders for the spec.

Still has an issue with a difficult to revive squishy pet, but at least random AOE CC doesn't stick, only direct casted "hard" CC.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Ugh, newcomers.

Hunters were relegated to spamming a Steady Shot macro while Beast Master spec'd for the entirety of the Burning Crusade raid cycle. Sure, it put us right behind Azzinoth'd Rogues for top dps, but it was f***** BORING. Combine that with the being dead last in arena representation, and BC was a very forgettable expansion for this class- and left me with a permanent foul taste with the BM spec.

I have been a hunter since before BW existed, I am not a newcomer. I am well aware of what TBC was. BM MoP is nowhere near what BM TBC was, so there is no reason to "crater" BM so you can simply spam Steady as MM (granted, you won't be spamming Steady nearly as much as what TBC had...but consider that nothing was worth casting as BM except steady shot, that was a design flaw).

MM can be brough up to speed without gutting BM, and enough hunters would like to be BM simply because they like the spec better.

And not because it is a "easy spec". It is easy to play at its minimal efficiency, but to maximize your output,you have to juggle just as much as a MM or SV player has to.

I think you misunderstood. I hated that BM could spam one boring macro and remain top dps in the expansion, thus forcing me and every other raiding hunter to spec BM. To watch the BM come back and retake the top dps with the simplest rotation (admittedly, it's still lightyears ahead of BC macro spam)? Boils my blood. I want the spec killed purely out of spite.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

I think you misunderstood. I hated that BM could spam one boring macro and remain top dps in the expansion, thus forcing me and every other raiding hunter to spec BM. To watch the BM come back and retake the top dps with the simplest rotation (admittedly, it's still lightyears ahead of BC macro spam)? Boils my blood. I want the spec killed purely out of spite.

MM/SV isn't that much more complicated than BM. Some ey differences

BM
- Focus Fire/Frenzy
- BW Cooldown
- Invig procs make Focus control random, especially if you take ToTH

MM
- MMM Proc
- Steady x2 every 20 seconds
- Aimed Dumping (which, with the glyph, is not much more different than double Arcane time wise)

SV
- BA Maintenance
- LNL Procs

BM doesn't have a proc, instead it has 2 extra CDs to juggle (and they are mutually exclusive) and random bonus focus. Both MM's and SV's bonus Focus is more consistent, ironically making it simpler to control your Focus.

Sorry, BM doesn't have a "simple" rotation, at least compared to MM/SV. Personally, MM has the simplest. The MMM proc is only one GCD inserted randomly, and with Aimed dumping, Steady x2 should have plenty of room to not waste focus.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

Honestly your an idiot. I was there for the BC macro spam and i cant say there was such a thing as a hard rotation in that expac. Warlocks were SB spammers, BM had Macro spam, Mages were Scorch x5 than fireball only scorching to keep there stacks up. Only actual rotation was Feral when it wasnt even that good but was the biggest pain in the !@# rotation wise.

So again your argument is moot. If you didnt want to spec BM you didnt have to just good luck carrying your weight in half those bosses back then. BM now is not simple by any means and it seems youve forgotten that all weve had since pretty much BC was MM. Until DS made SV viable. Congrats on being an idiot seriously.

All this spec hate is retarded. if you dont like the spec dont spec into it. Just dont cry when you start getting kicked or laughed at in a raid or LFR for under performing.

/rant off
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/09/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Ilci
After spamming Steady Shot macro for the entirety of Burning Crusade, I dearly wish for BM to be cratered for the rest of WoW's lifespan.

So you want to go back to spamming Steady Shot as a Marksman?

Logic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]