Arthas has a sister.

90 Blood Elf Mage
It's true, after the 2nd war, as the nations of the Alliance of Lorderon were trying to find someone who would be wiling to assume the throne of Alterac, as Aiden Perenolde had been thrown out for betraying the Alliance by aiding the Horde, King Terenas wanted Daval Prestor, the human form of Deathwing, to assume the throne. Not only that, but he wished him to marry his DAUGHTER.

go 4 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJk6FV-9t9g

I really wish Blizzard would do more with the lore that they already have from the earlier Warcraft games, or even the previous expansions for that matter.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
This is common knowledge on the story forum.

That said, Blizzard tends to ignore lore they've previously established in favor of whatever they want to do in the present.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Death Knight
Req
This is common knowledge on the story forum.

That said, Blizzard tends to ignore lore they've previously established in favor of whatever they want to do in the present.
If Lordaeron wasn't already occupied I'd say sure why not? The problem is it's already occupied by Lordaeronian citizens and already has a different form of government in place with a completely separate leader. Bringing Calia back really wouldn't do very much. That said if the Forsaken gets killed off then it might be good to bring her back, but still though I kind of doubt her intelligence. She didn't seem to be very bright in the books.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Yeah, unfortunately. But since she hasn't been seen of or heard of in quite some time it's a really good possibility that she died when Capitol City was sacked by the Scourge. It hasn't directly been stated, but it's the most probable explanation until Blizzard directly comes out and confirms or denies she's in hiding for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Honestly I think she's in Kul'tiras in hiding since being related to the Lich King is a good way to get yourself stoned.

I doubt she'll reveal herself to be some kind of commando that's thrived in adversity though. Grown up a bit maybe, but I doubt she'll ever be anything 'great'. I just didn't see it in her in the books.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
She should have been brought out in Cata. Would have been a better choice than Lilian Voss and she as at least a small connection with Deathwing, being she was betrothed to Lord Prestor for a brief period.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Vynathlon
The problem is it's already occupied by Lordaeronian citizens

No, it isn't.

It's no different from the Orcs occupying Stormwind.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Jetzeppelin
Would have been a better choice than Lilian Voss

Ugh what no
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Honestly I think she's in Kul'tiras in hiding since being related to the Lich King is a good way to get yourself stoned.

Not sure about that... Terenas is the Lich King's father, and I don't get the feeling that he's reviled or anything. If anything, he's as respected, or more respected than Varian is. I would go as far as to say that the Orcs kind of owe their lives to him since he voted against killing them all, but that's probably just me.

Still, in the Alliance nations, Terenas seems to be highly respected. Uther, Arthas' master, is still considered one of the greatest heroes. His ex-girlfriend is now the leader of the Kirin Tor, so she wasn't affected much by her relationship to him.

I would personally imagine that if Calia hadn't died in the fall of Lordaeron, she would currently be in hiding from the Forsaken. She's the last survivor of the Menethil bloodline, and as such, has a rightful claim to its throne. She has the right to petition the current Alliance leaders to help her reclaim her throne.

Who knows, after the current war is over and the Legion is or is not defeated, she may be the one to rekindle the wars by demanding to be helped driving the Forsaken out of Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Resileaf
I don't get the feeling that he's reviled or anything

Cause he's dead.

Hard to be mad at a guy that's not up and walking around.

Also, generally the people doing the respecting of Terenas aren't the rank and file peasantry. They're leaders that knew him or are educated.

Trust me, if Calia made a public appearance it'd be Tiffin Wyrnn 2.0
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/09/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Skytotem

Cause he's dead.

Also, generally the people doing the respecting of Terenas aren't the rank and file peasantry. They're leaders that knew him or are educated.

I'll be honest, unless I see stuff that suggests that the peasants and rank and file soldiers of the Alliance think Terenas is a monster because of Arthas, I'll assume that he's still respected.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Cause he's dead.

A brick to the head riot?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin

Why would people hate her and not hate Uther?

People make pilgrimages through the extremely dangerous plaguelands to pay tribute at Uther's Tomb for heaven's sake; that combined with the fact that those close to him (Muradin, Jaina, Varian) don't even seem to blame Arthas himself for what happened and I don't see why she would be hated in the Alliance. If anything she'd be greeted with relief that the Menethil dynasty isn't dead.

She'd probably be hated among the Forsaken and Scourge but that would have more to do with her having a pulse.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Vyrin
Why would people hate her and not hate Uther?

Again, dead.

And some people do, remember that jerk blood elf that blames Uther for mishandling Arthas's training?

Are you going to tell me that in the whole of humanity there's not anyone that might have similar views?

Like that one Paladin in WC3 who said it was a bad idea to let a spoiled prince be a paladin.

Yes there are people that LIKE Uther and such but that doesnt' mean that's the only option.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Skytotem
And some people do, remember that jerk blood elf that blames Uther for mishandling Arthas's training?

Blood Elves are not good representatives of the Alliance's opinions.

Like that one Paladin in WC3 who said it was a bad idea to let a spoiled prince be a paladin.

That was Gavinrad, and at that moment he was facing Arthas down personally on the field of battle, that's not an experience many had.

Are you going to tell me that in the whole of humanity there's not anyone that might have similar views?

There are people in the whole of humanity who hate Varian and want him to die. Does that mean that Varian should become a hermit?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
There are people in the whole of humanity who hate Varian and want him to die.

Does that mean that Varian should become a hermit?

1. Wha? I knew he had some bad press but I didn't think it was anything on par with being a relative of the lich king.

2. No but Varian's a warrior and has guards and political power of his own, Calia would be entirely reliant on charity given that she has no skills and no political power.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Skytotem
Calia would be entirely reliant on charity given that she has no skills and no political power.

Her only noteworthy accomplishment was being arranged to marry really crappy suitors.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Personally Im hoping shes just dead and buried. If nothing else, to spare the story forums an near endless flame war over Lordearon.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
1. Wha? I knew he had some bad press but I didn't think it was anything on par with being a relative of the lich king.

2. No but Varian's a warrior and has guards and political power of his own, Calia would be entirely reliant on charity given that she has no skills and no political power.

1. Did you forget about the Defias?

2. Suggesting that Varian wouldn't use Stormwind resources to protect Calia is pretty much ignoring all of Varian's characterization and history.
Edited by Vyrin on 12/9/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/09/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Trook
Personally Im hoping shes just dead and buried. If nothing else, to spare the story forums an near endless flame war over Lordearon.

The forum already has those. Usually disguised as other threads even.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]