Arthas has a sister.

85 Tauren Shaman
1. Did you forget about the Defias?

2. Suggesting that Varian wouldn't use Stormwind resources to protect Calia is pretty much ignoring all of Varian's characterization and history.

1. They're mostly dead.

2. He might not know she's alive.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
Blizz dun goofed, if she was alive the best time to bring her back and develop her character was in wrath. With the Alliance/Horde winding down after this expac, I don't see any "taking back of lordaeron" happening and besides Both Turaylon and Alleria are confirmed to return thats good enough for me.

12/09/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Trook
Personally Im hoping shes just dead and buried. If nothing else, to spare the story forums an near endless flame war over Lordearon.

This
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
The idea that a character should be kept out of the picture because they might stir up some plot inconveniences or controversies makes my stomach roll. That's got to be the stupidest reasoning ever.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Aureus
The idea that a character should be kept out of the picture because they might stir up some plot inconveniences or controversies makes my stomach roll. That's got to be the stupidest reasoning ever.

That's... not what I'm saying at all?
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Skytotem
Honestly I think she's in Kul'tiras in hiding

It'd be kinda funny if Kul'Tiras had pulled her out, rescued her, then married her off to some posh Kul'Tiras noble so as to give them some kind of claim to Lordaeron in the chance it's reclaimed after WoW's lifetime.

Not "haw haw" funny, mind you. It'd just fit her current backstory as a human bargaining chip.
Edited by Kellick on 12/9/2012 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
12/09/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Skytotem

That's... not what I'm saying at all?

I wasn't talking about you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
It'd be kinda funny if Kul'Tiras had pulled her out, rescued her, then married her off to some posh Kul'Tiras noble so as to give them some kind of claim to Lordaeron in the chance it's reclaimed after WoW's lifetime.

Not "haw haw" funny, mind you. It'd just fit her current backstory as a human bargaining chip.

It'd be a nice change of pace to have someone in the Alliance (Kul'tias is still in theAlliance right?) doing something 'good' but not out of 'pure snow white' motives.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

It'd be a nice change of pace to have someone in the Alliance (Kul'tias is still in theAlliance right?) doing something 'good' but not out of 'pure snow white' motives.

That is a storyline that would make sense. Whoever is leading Kul'tiras right now will see many opportunities to gain power and take advantage of the close ties between Varian and the survivors of Lordaeron. Even if Varian will not enjoy having to cater to their needs, he will feel the need to. This may force him to go into war again on behalf of Callia.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Resileaf
This may force him to go into war again on behalf of Callia.

Not on behalf of Calia, but of whoever she's married.

Even better if it's a Proudmoore (Tandred's no longer part of the canon, but he'd be perfect), since it would effectively allow Kul'Tiras to consolidate power over both kingdoms.

It'd work to ratchet up the tensions within the Alliance by having a Human kingdom schmooze and marry its way into a position to rival Stormwind's influence and power.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue

It'd work to ratchet up the tensions within the Alliance by having a Human kingdom schmooze and marry its way into a position to rival Stormwind's influence and power.

I really like this idea. It'd be awkward for gameplay reasons to have two human powerbases, but really fun for lore purposes.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Aureus
I really like this idea. It'd be awkward for gameplay reasons to have two human powerbases, but really fun for lore purposes.

I suppose you could have Kul'Tiras remain out of the game proper and instead deal entirely with emissaries, merchants, troops and the like, so that its presence is felt even if the kingdom remains off limits (with the excuse that relations with Stormwind are currently shaky or that the security of Kul'Tiras demands it or some such).

Not a perfect method, but we could feel the kingdom's presence and its machinations bringing political intrigue back to the front stage.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/09/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Kellick
This may force him to go into war again on behalf of Callia.

Not on behalf of Calia, but of whoever she's married.

Even better if it's a Proudmoore (Tandred's no longer part of the canon, but he'd be perfect), since it would effectively allow Kul'Tiras to consolidate power over both kingdoms.

Well, when I say on 'behalf' of her, I mostly meant that officially, it would have to be for her that he'd do it. Her husband would convince her to ask Varian for him, since her plea would be more sympathetic. Of course, she would claim that she came to that decision on her own, and not because her husband asked her.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
12/09/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Vyrin
The problem is it's already occupied by Lordaeronian citizens

No, it isn't.

It's no different from the Orcs occupying Stormwind.
People in Lordaeron die to the Scourge, people in Lordaeron break free from the Scourge, people in ruins of Lordaeron recover it as Lordaeron. I swear I've already had this discussion with you, it's like you're somehow thinking that coming down this avenue again would have different results. I believe that Einstein once said that insanity is defined as trying the same thing multiple times and expecting different results. Why don't you reflect on that for a while?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Vyn please don't get into this with him.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Vynathlon
People in Lordaeron die to the Scourge, people in Lordaeron break free from the Scourge, people in ruins of Lordaeron recover it as Lordaeron.

Undeath is just a bad rash, Undercity is Lordaeron despite it never really being referred to as such, undead are exactly the same as humans despite basic observation telling you otherwise, blah blah blah blah.

We have had this conversation before. I wrecked your position then and I'll wreck it now if I have to.

The Forsaken are not Lordaeron and have absolutely no relation to Lordaeron. If you believe they do you need to get your head checked.

12/09/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Vynathlon
I believe that Einstein once said that insanity is defined as trying the same thing multiple times and expecting different results. Why don't you reflect on that for a while?

Considering the pro-Forsaken position basically boils down to "If we say X enough it will eventually become true" I suggest that you reflect on it a bit before you start trying to lecture others.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
12/09/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Skytotem
Vyn please don't get into this with him.
If it's any consolation I don't want to get into this with him.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
Seriously, we have a good thing going on with the discussion tangentially related to Calia by way of bringing both politics and Kul'Tiras into the picture, don't create another Lordaeron thread.

Edit: Screw this, I'm out.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Edited by Kellick on 12/9/2012 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
If it's any consolation I don't want to get into this with him.

Then concede or don't bring it up.
Edited by Vyrin on 12/9/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
EDIT: Deleted as to not contribute the derailment of this thread. SORRY!
Edited by Jetzeppelin on 12/9/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
You know, the only thing I fear is that Blizz isn't going to have the storytelling abilities to do something with that kind of political intrigue. There are a lot of opportunities for good stories.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]