How To Get Valor Cap?

90 Gnome Warlock
Hello.

I was wondering what the best way to get valor cap is, i know, do dailies, dungeons and raids, but is there a easy way, a path of least resistance?

I am willing to do dailies, dungeons and LFR, but my guild doesn't have planned progression raids,and i do not pvp.

Oh, i am exalted with all of the MoP factions but the August Celestals, and Operation Shieldwall.
Edited by Breell on 12/7/2012 4:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spam dungeons for hours.

I'm doing that to get my last upgrade then I'm going to do bgs for hours.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Spam dungeons for hours.

I'm doing that to get my last upgrade then I'm going to do bgs for hours.

That's what i use to do in the past expansions, but i don't really like the feel of these dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
I do all the lfr's during the week and one dungeon a day to get to cap.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
My normal method is LFR full clears, a scenario or two (worth it because of the instant queue as DPS) and then a few dailies. I need to kill that time I'm waiting in the LFR queues anyway so I might as well hit up the shieldwall and/or tillers.

I usually cap by Sunday.
Edited by Sharmarli on 12/7/2012 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
1 Dungeon a day yields 80 valor points.
80*7=560 valor points
1 LFR wing yields 90 valor points.
90*5=450 valor points
450+560=1010 valor points.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Shaman
Daylies and dungeons until you reach gear level for LFR and raids. The get all your raids done with daylies in between. If you have time run heroics. Easy.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
The path to least resistence for each of us would be the one we most enjoyed.

I like raiding and dungeons. Blizzard has recently increased how much valor we can get from those, and that has improved the game for me.

For me, dailies come last. There is nothing wrong with them in and of themselves, and I know some like them, but for me it was the extent of them, the fact so much was hidden behind multiple layers of them, and how your progress on them was so limited to the relatively few available each day, how I have to work 5 days a week, and the relatively small amount of rep they gave.

I have to layer through them to get to what I really want, they are tedious and boring to the point of not merely not being fun, but actually to the point of discouraging continuing in the game. All my alts I worked so hard for, basically rendered valueless now. I feel concern for individual players came absolutely last in Blizzard's decision making on them, and how to milk the most dollars out of the least effort came first. I also tire of their saying they wish to give us more choices even as they reduce our choices.

But now I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. If it gets a little better from here, well I am happy again. If not, I am leaving. Not going to pay to be bored and irritated. I can always return if I should still have any interest after enough leave they get the message. Shame that is what it seems to take.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In the beginning, I asked myself the same question.

Nowadays after reaching 470 item level, I ask, why is the valor cap so low?

5 LFR = 450 Valor
Golden Lotus Valor = 60 Valor per day (Lets say i did 12 dailies per day)
Offensive Rep Valor = 40 Valor per day
Angler Valor = 15 Valor per day
Cloud Serpent Valor = 30 Valor per day
Tillers Valor = 15 Valor per day
Klaxi Valor = 20 Valor per day

After Tuesday Maintenance, I'm sitting at 630 Valor. If I do dailies on Wednesday and Thursday, I am valor capped!!!!!

That doesn't include Random Scenarios.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
Heroic dungeon

1 Dungeon a day yields 80 valor points.
80*7=560 valor points
1 LFR wing yields 90 valor points.
90*5=450 valor points
450+560=1010 valor points.

+ 1 Scenario per day = 40 VP x 7 = 280 VP
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Blizz has stated a few times that Challenge modes, even bronze, are pretty much the quickest way for valor. You need some decent friend though, and be prepared to spend a little extra time up front actually learning the challenge mode dungeon.

Plus title, mounts, transmog armor are possibilities, if a bit remote...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
12/07/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Breell
but is there a easy way, a path of least resistance?

Nope, there is no "easy" way. Only a longer way, another long way, a slightly shorter way compared to the other longer way, a somewhat long way, and a long way.

If there was a short and easy way, everyone would be doing that and avoid every other "long" way, which involves dailies, dungeons, scenarios and raiding.

IMHO, just playing the game is the "easiest" way to cap your VP! Do 1 LFD and 1 scenario every day! The first heroic you do every day is worth 80 VP, but is lowered to 40 VP if you do it again. Scenarios are worth 40 VP for the first queue, but then drop to 20. Then do a bunch of dailies. You could do as little as 10 quests and you'll make 50 VP there alone! Then do all your LFR's for a bunch of VP.

Then for the next couple days, do 1 LFD, 1 scenario and a dozen dailies and you'll be VP capped before the following tuesday!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
If you are only working on 1 toon...I'd suggest knocking out 21 dailies + 1 random scenario per day. This will get you 145 valor per day, capping you for the week. You should be able to knock it out in about an hour or two.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I typically do dailies everyday of the week (down to 2 factions), every LFR besides the first half of Mogushan' Vaults on Tuesdays, and then dungeon spam what I have left to cap on the weekends (typically around 350-400 valor to take a stab in the dark) to get capped by the next reset. Works pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do a heroic every day, and all of the LFRs every week, and I believe that hits valor cap.

80 x 7 = 560
5 x 90 = 450
---------
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]