Which spec do you think is more fun to play

90 Night Elf Druid
Ele or Enh?

i am leaning towards going Ele but I am a bit worried that I am just going to be standing there spamming Chain Lightnings the whole time.

Enhance I have played a bit so I know it is much more involved maybe even to the point where all the different things you have to do becomes a bit cumbersome.

So which spec do you enjoy more and which do you think I should play?

Also as a bonus question what kind of beard should my dwarf have?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You should look into Warrior or Feral Druid or Hunter or anything aside from shaman if you're not going resto spec.

I heard they are pretty good.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't care how well Shamans perform in PvP or where I will fall in dmg meters for PvE, I want to play a DPS Shaman the only question now is which spec to choose.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/07/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Chucknóurish
I don't care how well Shamans perform in PvP

Then go for Elemental.

I have a Shadow Priest, this Mage and a Shaman.
Elemental is by far the most fun caster to play.

Mages are GREAT for PvP, but they're extremely annoying (not fun to play) for PvE.
Shadow Priests are OK for both.
Elemental Shaman are GREAT for PvE, but really BAD (no survivability) for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
If you are worried about spamming chain lightning all day for aoe, I would recommend you take some perspective on this. Aside from DoT classes, AoE is pretty spammy. Enhance has some windup to it sure, but it is still simple. The question is, is there a difference between spamming CL and spamming Multishot or Blizzard?

Single target, the rotation for elemental is fluid. Especially with Elemental Blast. It is simplistic sure, but if you get into the nuts and bolts of it to maximize cast cooldown usage you have a pretty good margin for personal improvement.

I prefer my spriest over elemental, but that is because I like multidotting. As far as hard casting specs go, elemental is at the top for fun factor for me personally.
Reply Quote
I think the question is, do you prefer melee or ranged? I personally prefer melee fighting, it's what I've always done, so Enh has been a blast for me. By comparison, I play my Ele spec (because my attempts at healing failed miserably so double DPS speccing) when I want something...well, more relaxing I could say. As a ranged, I feel like I have more time to react to things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Stierzorn
you are worried about spamming chain lightning all day for aoe, I would recommend you take some perspective on this. Aside from DoT classes, AoE is pretty spammy. Enhance has some windup to it sure, but it is still simple. The question is, is there a difference between spamming CL and spamming Multishot or Blizzard?

Ya the thing I was worried about was that it might be a bit too much like the arcane mage from before MoP where I am just using Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning over and over, I have a feeling that would get boring quickly, but it seems like most ppl who have posted enjoy playing the spec so I am going to give it a go.

I think the question is, do you prefer melee or ranged?

I enjoy both but Ele seemed like the more interesting spec to me so I wanted to go that way as long as it got some good reviews from people.
Edited by Chucknóurish on 12/7/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You should look into Enhancement. There's a lot of variation/abilities that are used fairly often that keep it far from monotenous in a sense of comparison with other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What do you primarily play for? Older content? Dungeons? Questing/lore? Achievements? Other? .. Enhancement is fine if you enjoying playing it.

Raiding? Elemental.
Reply Quote
If you don't care about sucking in pvp then go elemental.
You won't do nearly as well as any other caster but it's really fun just trying to survive and set up kills as elemental.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
12/07/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Chucknóurish
I don't care how well Shamans perform in PvP or where I will fall in dmg meters for PvE, I want to play a DPS Shaman the only question now is which spec to choose.

It's hard to say I guess because one is melee the other ranged, so if you generally hate ranged classes you might not like elemental.

For me elemental is by far the most fun. It's one of the most fun specs I've played in the game because it has so much burst, and is just a fun spec to play. As said it's not the strongest in pvp, but can still be fun there.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
12/07/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Phöbös
Mages are GREAT for PvP, but they're extremely annoying (not fun to play) for PvE.

Man unfortunately I agree with this totally. Mage has always been my favorite class in this game, then I finally level mine to 90 and the 90 talents just ruin the class for me... way to go bliz! :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/09/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Imapwnurface
Man unfortunately I agree with this totally. Mage has always been my favorite class in this game, then I finally level mine to 90 and the 90 talents just ruin the class for me... way to go bliz! :(

I feel exactly the same way about my mage.

It was my first 90 after coming back from a year long break during Cata/the start of MoP, and I had SO much fun leveling it... Then I hit 90 and realized how terrible the talents are. Had I known, I never would have even touched my mage because it's seriously just NOT fun.

Ended up picking up my shaman (who was also always an alt, just like the mage) and leveling it to 90 and am having a million times more fun on it. Playing Elemental specced into Elemental Blast is awesome, and I seriously wish I'd leveled the shaman first and never bothered with the mage. It's nice playing something where my level 90 talent is actually fun and not just an annoying throttle to my dps.
Edited by Sellestria on 12/9/2012 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
It was my first 90 after coming back from a year long break during Cata/the start of MoP, and I had SO much fun leveling it... Then I hit 90 and realized how terrible the talents are. Had I known, I never would have even touched my mage because it's seriously just NOT fun. Ended up picking up my shaman (who was also always an alt, just like the mage) and leveling it to 90 and am having a million times more fun on it. Playing Elemental specced into Elemental Blast is awesome, and I seriously wish I'd leveled the shaman first and never bothered with the mage. It's nice playing something where my level 90 talent is actually fun and not just an annoying throttle to my dps.

I leveled this dk first, got him to 90 and after gearing him up a bit realized it was just boring to me this time around. Then I leveled my mage, looking for a nice reliable ranged class to play, and the 90 talents just ruined it. So now finally I've decided to play my shaman and got him to 86. Hopefully this spec won't suddenly become annoying before I hit 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/09/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Imapwnurface
I leveled this dk first, got him to 90 and after gearing him up a bit realized it was just boring to me this time around. Then I leveled my mage, looking for a nice reliable ranged class to play, and the 90 talents just ruined it. So now finally I've decided to play my shaman and got him to 86. Hopefully this spec won't suddenly become annoying before I hit 90.

I can't speak for Enhance, because I only played it for a little bit while leveling from 88-89, but I'm LOVING Elemental. It's seriously just so much fun.

I had played Elemental during Cata and really liked it, but I was nervous to hit 90 on it after how let down I felt when I discovered how ridiculously sucky level 90 mage talents are. I decided to stick it out, because I was certain nothing could be worse than my mage, and I'm happy I did because I'm having a blast on the shaman now.

It's amazing going from playing a character where it's like "Great, 40 seconds have passed, I need to stand still and evocate for almost 5 seconds, no matter what I'm standing in" to "My awesome, shiny level 90 talent is off CD, MUST PRESS SHINY BUTTON BECAUSE IT'S FUN." The difference is like night and day.
Reply Quote
I've played all three shammy specs on an off since release (raided as all three), and elemental is without a doubt my favorite. CL spamming on trash is, like others have mentioned, the mind numbing evil that is trash.

Ultimately, play whichever spec you feel like you can fully enjoy (i.e. doing dailies, questing, raiding, PVP, etc . . .)
Edited by Moksha on 12/14/2012 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]