Re: Tom Chiltons recent Anti Shaman talk

Stop it! Shamans work for ONCE! I feel useful and needed in both PVE and PVP...why would you change this? You say shamans and paladins are good druids are okay buff monks and discipline priests? Sure I can see that but why would you continue to nerf resto shamans? You folks designed something that works stop trying to fix !@#$ that is NOT broken. It only took 5 years to figure out how to make resto shamans work. Leave us alone go nerf a fricken mage if you are bored. If you are not sure what I am referring to please go read mmo champion.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Rshaman are OP. OP specs get nerfed. Not sure why you are pretending they aren't.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I assume nerf resto shamans means nerf elemental hard, enhancement some, and resto hardly at all.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
12/09/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Ragnarøx
Rshaman are OP. OP specs get nerfed. Not sure why you are pretending they aren't.

Foundation for the claim? I am curious to hear your reasoning and what can be done to correct said issues that cause Resto to be OP?.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/09/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Sensations

Foundation for the claim? I am curious to hear your reasoning and what can be done to correct said issues that cause Resto to be OP?.

Are you trying to say resto ISN'T overpowered atm?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
12/09/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Thundër

Are you trying to say resto ISN'T overpowered atm?

Depends on your definition of overpowered. It's very strong yes, but overpowered? That's subjective so giving more details are helpful when making such claims. I wouldn't assume to much with your questions ;).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2012 02:43 AMPosted by Adelaide
I assume nerf resto shamans means nerf elemental hard, enhancement some, and resto hardly at all.

more like nerf resto shamans, ruin ele shamans, and make enh shamans a free kill. taking us back to the old days of "resto or nothing in the arenas"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Big
Rshams are easily the best pvp healer. No one can keep up with them. They will cont. to be nerfed and I'm sure hpals will see some nerfs too. It's really annoying to see ppl complaining about nerfs to OP classes/specs. RSham have been the best pvp healers since cata. Sorry if you are a bad player and won't be able to do as well. I see so many terrible players do so well on Rsham just because of how op they are.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Volpit
Rshams are easily the best pvp healer.

Very debatable. Considering we only have 2 CC's (one is a totem with 5hp that takes a while to go off.. =\ ) and hex on a 45sec cd. Sure, we have double purge I will admit that is a bit annoying to some others. However, since the silence nerf shamans actually took a hard hit. This made it much much harders to survive openners as a shaman.. Oh wait. You say that I can Spiritlink? Well. If I am silenced I can't.. If I do happen to drop it the effect takes 2 seconds for the first tick. Just about any dps class can one shot the totem. People are just idiotic and don't know how to right click our totems to stop our totems from being useful. Other than spirit link. Shamans have no dmg redux.. wolf form can be purged. Only way we have any type of freedom is with a pally or windwalking totem.. Which takes away earthgrab totem.. Burst healing is good on a shaman I will also admit. occasional 300k GHW's is nice considering that DPS burst is over the top. tone down the burst dmg of dps classes so this isn't World of Burstcraft and nerf shamans mastery a little and I think it will all be good.
Reply Quote
Disc priests need a buff more than RShams need a nerf. Imo.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/09/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Sensations

fact that EVERY !@#$ING SINGLE ONE OF HEALERS in tourney are resto?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/09/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Ursinine
but now Elemental is dead,

elem WAS alraedy dead since cata
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Tangla

Except that the tournament comps were set during Cata (when RLS dominated), not MoP. Plus, RShaman have excellent counters against Wizardcleave, which also dominated at the end of Cata (again, when the comps were set). With powerful melee specs like arms now present and accounted for, the value of HPallies has risen tremendously.

Which is not to say that resto might not have needed some slight tweaks, but if it did, then surely some of the other healing specs did as well, and nerfs heavily gimping already struggling dps specs (elem, enhance) were really not called for.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

Except that the tournament comps were set during Cata (when RLS dominated), not MoP. Plus, RShaman have excellent counters against Wizardcleave, which also dominated at the end of Cata (again, when the comps were set). With powerful melee specs like arms now present and accounted for, the value of HPallies has risen tremendously.

Which is not to say that resto might not have needed some slight tweaks, but if it did, then surely some of the other healing specs did as well, and nerfs heavily gimping already struggling dps specs (elem, enhance) were really not called for.

during the cata, it wasn't just 'RLS'. It was pretty much of anything with Resto + Lock .(except for huntards)

they did pick the contenders for the tourney based on cata, that part is true. But, exception of one team who swapped between holy pal and resto sham, none of the teams decided to switch out their class even when they CAN play other classes and ALLOWED to switch their comp composition.(tbh, this has mostly to do with how warlocks were soooooooooooooooo popular in that particular tourney)

You mentioned holy pally, but they can pretty much ONLY play with warrior comps while R Sham performs well in almost any comp.

Also, other 2 specs needs some compensation for getting nerfed by collateral damage from nerfing resto sham. That does not mean resto sham should have not been nerfed.
Edited by Tangla on 12/9/2012 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Im sure the fact that no one chose to play something other then their usual of restoration shaman had nothing to do with the fact that they'd have to re-learn an entirely new class and spec if they had never played it before.

Probably didn't account for that at all...

you do realize, those 'pro lvl players' can play atleast one other class at tournament lvl right? Unless they have absolutely no other choice, If they didn't like their class, they would simply swap out their spec/class.

Also, big 'maybe' exception on R Druids, none of the healers could go toe to toe with R Sham in first place.
Edited by Tangla on 12/9/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
so, what's your point?

OP class should always stay OP? *cough* mages *cough*

Elem should blow enemies' hp down to half by hurling one single meat ball like they did in s8?

If something is op and causing some unbalanced shinenigans in pvp, they deserve to be nerfed.

I am not saying blizzard has done ANYTHING to compensate for the nerfs they have made on Elem/Enh. They are bunch of jackasses who doesn't even have CM playing his own class.
But, if you think 5.1 nerf on resto sham was not justifiable and pre-nerf R Sham was not dominating over other healing specs, than idk what to say man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]