Shadow is a flawed spec PvE (suggestions)

90 Undead Priest
I'll have to check on the dps of vt vs mf, but the idea was to have dots tick away as you're casting other spells. VT will always be useful with FDCL and multidotting. They said before they want multidotting to be nerfed, so our dots are near garbage. But maybe if your comparison is true, maybe they'll finally buff them.

I don't think they want to give us a dps cd because they have said they wanted to clear up the clutter, and we have enough complexity as it is, unless they tack on an additional boost to VE or such.

I think blizzard knows they have to boost our single target damage. I doubt it will be MB or MS since talents help them out. It will have to be MF (20%), which will certainly make your argument stronger, hence needing to buff our dots, conflicting with making multidotting stronger. It usually takes Blizzard 3 months to figure out the class balancing.

This should fix it.

Vampiric Touch - Does X amount of shadowdamage over 15 seconds and regenorates 2% of your mana every time it does damage. If affecting more then one target the total damage of your touch will be reduced to 90% on each additional target.

(add with pain and problem fixed)

anyone agree?
Edited by Karasaki on 12/9/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
And since it is near Christmas.

My wishlist:

For shadow priests to be able to actually do some damage for once in this expansion.

Mine: that people who criticize the state of shadow pve do so with cogent arguments and without hyperbole.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
By the way, I still argue that a simple buff to flay is the way to improve single target damage.

The best, most on point argument I have heard against it: increasing the value of mind flay decreases the value of FDCL because it makes it less of a dps gain to respond to the FDCL procs. Assuming that this zero sum type argument is on point, think for a second where FDCL procs are going to be seen most frequently: multi dot fights. On single targets fights, it is clear that FDCL will proc less. This increases the value of flay damage on those fights. On multi dot fights, we flay little as is because there are more procs going out and the DPET of instant spike is clearly ahead of flay. Therefore, I still argue that a simple buff to flay will help bring our damage up in single target fights, while not overpowering spriests in multi target fights. There is really no need to buff our dots. Seriously.

Perhaps a spiritwalker type cooldown that would allow us to cast on the move as well. Either way, buffing dots will send us even higher in multi dot fights, which is expressly against what Blizz wants.
Edited by Dictainabox on 12/10/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
By the way, I still argue that a simple buff to flay is the way to improve single target damage.

The best, most on point argument I have heard against it: increasing the value of mind flay decreases the value of FDCL because it makes it less of a dps gain to respond to the FDCL procs. Assuming that this zero sum type argument is on point, think for a second where FDCL procs are going to be seen most frequently: multi dot fights. On single targets fights, it is clear that FDCL will proc less. This increases the value of flay damage on those fights. On multi dot fights, we flay little as is because there are more procs going out and the DPET of instant spike is clearly ahead of flay. Therefore, I still argue that a simple buff to flay will help bring our damage up in single target fights, while not overpowering spriests in multi target fights. There is really no need to buff our dots. Seriously.

Perhaps a spiritwalker type cooldown that would allow us to cast on the move as well. Either way, buffing dots will send us even higher in multi dot fights, which is expressly against what Blizz wants.

Buffing mind flay would be a good way to increase single target dps in pve without effecting pvp much at all (how many times in pvp do you get to just stand there and channel mind flay?)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I like the idea of having a CD that gives us our orbs back sort of like Pally's and holy power.

It'd be interesting to check the overall damage of 1 VT. Really if you divide that by the cast time you'll get the dps benefit in optimal conditions.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

My wishlist:

For shadow priests to be able to actually do some damage for once in this expansion.

Mine: that people who criticize the state of shadow pve do so with cogent arguments and without hyperbole.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Rex
having a cooldown that gives you shadow orbs would probably be overpowered in pvp (though they could just flag it as not useable in pvp). i really think they would have to make the cooldown tied more to a benefit to mind flay/sear if they wanted to keep it pvp neutral.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

My wishlist:

Same guy, still !@#$%ing about not being able to do damage.

1 stone guard kill
1 feng kill

I now understand why you are complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
[quote]

Buffing mind flay would be a good way to increase single target dps in pve without effecting pvp much at all (how many times in pvp do you get to just stand there and channel mind flay?)

Hm... I agree
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I dont know about you, but back in Wotlk DP was just set on a cool down. 12 seconds if I remember right.

It was perfect, ticks for 6 seconds... 6 seconds off... then 6 seconds on...

Remove shadow orbs and give us back a 12 second CD DP. I feel like that would make us perfect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]