Taunt should be disabled in lfr

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or at least disabled if you spam it on CD more than 2 times in a row. I swear I can't ever get in an lfr where my other tank does anything other than faceroll his taunt and it makes me to kick my computer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
If someone takes something off me when I don't want them too, I just don't taunt back.

Last paladin I did LFR with died on overwhelming assault 5 after taking the boss back twice from me when I only had one stack.

If they taunt something I actually want (ie having everything on windlord) I can usually time my taunts/just out-threat them so I can get it right back
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
im pretty sure all tank taunts are on the same CD now so just taunt a second after they do and when they hit it right on CD yours will be of CD a second later so basically they get the boss 1 second out of every 8. Normally i dont care who tanks it, hell i even prefer the other person does on most fights since i can just alt tab and watch youtube but when im with a taunt spammer i just like to piss them off especially when i can do it without taunting for the first minute or so of the fight by just timing my big hits and CDs right to rip threat of them
another funny one to drop on them is salvs and BoPs
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Saying Taunt should be disabled in LFR because people are dumb is like saying that nobody should be able to drive on the freeway because of New Jersey drivers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/07/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Lowmaine
Saying Taunt should be disabled in LFR because people are dumb is like saying that nobody should be able to drive on the freeway because of New Jersey drivers.

Hahaha.

12/07/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Rhadamir
Or at least disabled if you spam it on CD more than 2 times in a row. I swear I can't ever get in an lfr where my other tank does anything other than faceroll his taunt and it makes me to kick my computer.

It would be nice if there was a little pop up before each boss forcing the tanks to 'acknowledge' that they know when to taunt, or not taunt- and reminding them to get the stupid buffs for feng.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
12/07/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Plethora
It would be nice if there was a little pop up before each boss forcing the tanks to 'acknowledge' that they know when to taunt, or not taunt- and reminding them to get the stupid buffs for feng.

We could have whole tutorials in game - it wouldn't stop people from being jerks.

OP - I would treat it like I do a hunter who refuses to turn off his pet's taunt.

Sure mistakes happen, or bad timing or perhaps they accidentally ripped threat from you. We've all had our bad days, even the best of tanks, and we've all made errors.

But if they just keep taunting every single time they possibly can, well they can have it. I mean if someone really wants it that bad then sure they can be beaten in the face for it. If you wipe because of the other tank's behavior and abuse of taunts straight up tell the group what happened. You can almost always tell when you lose threat to a taunt then to say, the other tank suddenly generating more threat then you. Even in that situation the other tank who doesn't/shouldn't have threat should be paying enough attention to not take it back repeatedly.

If they kick you, well that's one less frustration you'll have to deal with today. If they kick him, well you got rid of your frustration since that tank wouldn't listen to anything.

Back in Cata, I used to tank normals with a DK who couldn't stand that I was MT. I was MT for various reasons but mostly for being a better tank (mostly due to having years of experience at it) and taking far less damage then him even though he outgeared me. He thought MT should be based on gear and taunted off of me ever second he got. I'd just let him have it and let his face get pounded in. Either I'd generate enough threat to take it back before he died or I'd proceed to solo tank the encounter once he bit it. No matter how many times we'd patiently explain things to him or how many times he'd died he never got it. Hated tanking with him (mind you not as a person) and it's that kind of player that the OP is running into and no tutorial is ever going to fix that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If someone takes something off me when I don't want them too, I just don't taunt back.

Last paladin I did LFR with died on overwhelming assault 5 after taking the boss back twice from me when I only had one stack.

If they taunt something I actually want (ie having everything on windlord) I can usually time my taunts/just out-threat them so I can get it right back

That's especially funny because he could have just salv'd/bubbled himself.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
For some reason my response to a completely different thread ended up here...
Edited by Libbieri on 12/7/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Find a way to disable stupid tanks in lfr.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Not all the fight need switch taunting. If the other tank like to taunt, let him to do that. Just taunt back when need switch taunting or he is going to die or he will cause the raid a wipe because of wrong mechanic (LFR need very few mechanic...lol)
Edited by Xiongxiong on 12/8/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I still can't figure out how to put the hunter class on ignore.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
12/08/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Verjeh
I still can't figure out how to put the hunter class on ignore.

Hunters can do great dps but just need to remind them to turn off growl / taunt skill of their pets.

I have a hunter too. Hunter won't turn off pet taunting skill outside of dungeon and raid as pet at the most time help me tank the mobs while grinding or doing dailies. Thus, it is very common hunters forget to turn off the taunting skill during dungeon and raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Nothing like watching in awe as a warrior slaps down a mocking banner with pride
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/10/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Faliz
Nothing like watching in awe as a warrior slaps down a mocking banner with pride

Doesn't work on bosses anyway
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Works on trash though, I've seen it happen.

Or maybe that was different banner and he was just out threating me
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/07/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Rhadamir

Well - Then it would be like the old game where tanks had to know how to closely manage threat in order to swap aggro when needed. Pretty sure that'd be worse than now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I had a Paladin !@#$%ing me out about taunting in LFR and I did not even touch my taunt.
{provoke} is our taunt ability . He was calling me a idiot among other things and blaming me for his failures to hold aggro. Brewmasters can put out extremely high threat with {Keg Smash} our main Dps tool and aoe dmg. I held my cool finished the raid and just let him gripe. If you havent tanked against or with a Brewmaster learn a little about them before you go jumping down them throats. If their moving around their collecting heals most likely.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I had to solo-tank Feng on my bear in LFR because the other tank never taunted. He never even used Shroud of Reversal. My bear was barely (no pun intended) 472 ilevel, but it was fine until the derps with Arcane Resonance ran INTO the boss and sat down, blowing up half the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Lowmaine

***New York
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]