Need some macros for arcane

90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey , can someone please tell me some helpful arcane macros that will work with the current arcane rotation? =) i looked in the other macro thread.. but didnt seem to have anything up to date
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
#showtooltip
/cast [nochanneling] arcane blast

Make that macro for arcane missiles, nether tempest and scorch (if you use it) as well.

That way you can just mash the buttons as opposed to having to carefully time your next button press after channeling AM so as not to clip it.

You can also use the "GG" macro as some call it, which somebody just posted below me, so there you go.
Edited by Kaikou on 12/7/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is Blatty's GG macro, use it after you have about 85% mana, six Arcane Charges, two Arcane Missile procs, and a refreshed mage bomb:

#showtooltip Alter Time
/use Mana Gem
/use Brilliant Mana Gem
/use 10
/use Arcane Power
/use Synapse Springs
/use Icy Veins
/use Berserking
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Alter Time
/cast Pyroblast
/cast Arcane Blast
/cast Frostbolt

The macro should start you off with an Arcane Blast, let it finish casting, cast one Arcane Missile proc, another Arcane Blast, then another Arcane Missile, then Arcane Barrage before the Alter Time ends.

Edit: I should let you know that I have only tried the full AB/AM/AB/AM/ABarr rotation with a Hero out, so I am not exactly sure if you would have enough time to do it without Hero.
Edited by Navius on 12/7/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I noticed you're going all out haste Navius. How is that working out? Is it particularly difficult to maintain 6 stacks or are you doing the "proper" rotation where you drop stacks frequently?

I've been running full mastery and using scorch to maintain 6 stacks for the whole fight, but I've been thinking about giving full haste a shot.
Reply Quote
the only macro i use

/cast arcane power
/cast mirror image
/use potion of jade serpent
Edited by Raw on 12/7/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I noticed you're going all out haste Navius. How is that working out? Is it particularly difficult to maintain 6 stacks or are you doing the "proper" rotation where you drop stacks frequently?

I've been running full mastery and using scorch to maintain 6 stacks for the whole fight, but I've been thinking about giving full haste a shot.

I honestly didn't see a big enough difference to make me choose one stat configuration over the other, going all out haste makes me able to switch between Arcane and Frost freely. I am doing the rotation where I don't lose my six stacks, while fishing for AM procs with scorch, and it's been giving me good results using haste. Haste does help with mana recovery though, and I do recommend giving it a shot.
Edited by Navius on 12/7/2012 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
thank you guys =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]