The Ultimate Bad Guy

90 Dwarf Monk
Every expansion has had one, although Vanilla wow seemed to have several. In The Burning Crusade we went after Illidan; in Wrath of the Litch King it was Arthas; in Cataclysm Dethwing. Who will take that title in Pandaria, if anyone is still a mystery.

So what do you think? Who’s it going to be? My money is on Wrathion. I love his character, and we all suspect a hidden agenda. I suspect Betrayal.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Every expansion has had one, although Vanilla wow seemed to have several. In The Burning Crusade we went after Illidan; in Wrath of the Litch King it was Arthas; in Cataclysm Dethwing. Who will take that title in Pandaria, if anyone is still a mystery.

So what do you think? Who’s it going to be? My money is on Wrathion. I love his character, and we all suspect a hidden agenda. I suspect Betrayal.

If I was a gamblin' man, I'd bet on Garrosh.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
God I hope not because whats the point of him being uncorrupted then.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/07/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Kazgro

Well, Considering he's been confirmed as the final boss of the Siege of Orgrimmar, I dunno, hopefully he gets redeemed, but there's a good chance we off him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My guess is that the corruption won't expose itself until after Garrosh has been beaten. Then we'll have to fight the corruption; which will eventually nearly overpower us until Garrosh gets up and finishes it off before succumbing to his injuries. Like father, like son.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
12/07/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Malodin

Well, Considering he's been confirmed as the final boss of the Siege of Orgrimmar, I dunno, hopefully he gets redeemed, but there's a good chance we off him.

I was talking about wrathion.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
12/07/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Kazgro

This.

I'm pretty sure it's Sharrosh. Alternately, I'm fairly sure my ex-wife could easily take the role of "Head Villain" though. She's only slightly less psychotic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Garrosh probably.. but there's some other possibilities. Yet to see the 7th Sha or perhaps the return of an old god? Would be Y'Shaarj, the Klaxxi exalted quest hinted he might return, in a way.

I don't think it'll be Wrathion, hes trying to redeem his father's mistakes. If he wanted to kill us in the end, he wouldn't be giving us legendary gems and weapons, would he?

Imo it will probably be Garrosh, but I have a feeling he won't be the true villain of the expansion (much like Deathwing was, but it was ultimately N'zoth's doing).
Edited by Lore on 12/8/2012 1:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warrior
Part of me is still thinking the siege of org is going to be a scenario, since they've talked like horde and alliance are doing different things. They could have it be a scenario and have a final raid with a true, or at least co-big bad.

I still wouldn't be that surprised, despite the fact we're told hes dead, if the defeated sha were to merge into either Ysaarj or some Sha Prime whose defeat frees pandaria from the sha. Frankly it seems to me the only outcome to make all the damage caused worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
As far as I can tell, they have never actually said that the Siege of Orgrimmar is a raid, just a patch.
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Pyrhic
Who will take that title in Pandaria, if anyone is still a mystery.

12/08/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Ximothy
As far as I can tell, they have never actually said that the Siege of Orgrimmar is a raid, just a patch.

“I’ll just cut to the chase: The final patch of this expansion set does not occur in Pandaria,” says Metzen. “The war between the Alliance and the Horde heats up as they roll onto Pandaria and it’s certainly a huge battleground, but things get so gnarly and so out of control –- warcrimes kind of committed by one side — it starts to spiral into crazyville. The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will actually be the Siege of Orgrimmar, where both factions for their own reasons lay siege to this city to bring Garrosh down, to put an end to this reign as warchief.”

- http://www.gamefront.com/metzen-reveals-pandarias-patch-conclusion-the-siege-of-orgrimmar/2/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Doesn't say it's a raid. They could always do something else, like place the Raid under Orgrimmar, and the Siege is daliy quests, or dungeons.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 03:46 AMPosted by Ximothy
Doesn't say it's a raid. They could always do something else, like place the Raid under Orgrimmar, and the Siege is daliy quests, or dungeons.

There are other interviews where they explicitly state it's a raid. Such as here:

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/mists-of-pandaria-dave-fargo-kosak-interview/

A main focus we saw for MoP was the Horde/Alliance conflict. Can you tell us about how we can expect that to play out while questing?

It's interesting because in the box product -- you know, you probably saw it -- but you're not arriving on Pandaria with a huge army. It starts with a shipwreck and a small crew that you kind of adventure with, and you're trying to make use of everything about you. Most of the Alliance/Horde conflict is about that, small groups using the environment to the best of your ability, biding your time.

And in the patches that follow, in the patch plan, that's when things really start to accelerate. In the first patch, that's when the ships roll up on the beach, and then the tanks roll out of the ships, and then there's open warfare. And there'll be other events building up to this -- what's happening with Wrynn, with Garrosh, such that in our final raid, everybody has a reason to kick down the gates of Orgrimmar and take down Garrosh.

And that's exciting! There's that whole story arc we have planned, and I'm not sure how it'll take shape, with how many patches it'll take to come across, but we have these plans to tell this story about the Alliance and the Horde and the pandaren and their cultural exchange and what happens to Garrosh, leading up to the future.

It's pretty tough to interpret this as anything other then the final raid being an assault on Orgrimmar and the final boss of that raid being Garrosh Hellscream.

Now there are plenty of details that aren't yet known. We could have additional dungeons/scenarios that take place in/around Orgrimmar, and the raid itself could extend to areas not in the current city (such as newly constructed tunnels). We also don't know how much magical corruption Garrosh will be exposed to at this point, but even if he's totally corrupted it'll just be icing on the cake since there is already a resistance movement building against him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I really hope they don't try to martyr Garrosh like they did Grom. And "THE VOICES IN MY HEAD MADE ME DO IT!" is becoming a tiresome refrain in WoW. Less "corruption" more villainy please.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/08/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Saitharis
I really hope they don't try to martyr Garrosh like they did Grom. And "THE VOICES IN MY HEAD MADE ME DO IT!" is becoming a tiresome refrain in WoW.

Can't really help it when warcraft lore revolves around old gods.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Now that you mention, I do find it odd I get rep with Wrathion for killing Alliance troops.

And I'm pretty sure the reverse is true as well.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Priest

Now that you mention, I do find it odd I get rep with Wrathion for killing Alliance troops.

And I'm pretty sure the reverse is true as well.

It is. Wrathion is purposely pitting Alliance heroes against Horde heroes by promising them trinkets and baubles. Chances are that he'll use us in a way we do not like eventually.
Reply Quote
12/08/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Saitharis
I really hope they don't try to martyr Garrosh like they did Grom. And "THE VOICES IN MY HEAD MADE ME DO IT!" is becoming a tiresome refrain in WoW. Less "corruption" more villainy please.

Absolutely agreed.

He's already done more then enough to make the Alliance hate him and incite a rebellion from within the ranks of the Horde. If he ends up falling under any sort of corruption, it should simply be a way to explain why he can fight off the entire raid plus multiple heroes.

If we purge him of said corruption, I would hope that instead of seeing his faults he starts screaming about how we "took away his power" and keeps on attacking us.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
How about Garrosh manages to control all 6 Sha then merges with the 6 strongest becoming a new Y'shaarj to replace the old Y'shaarj(Blizzard refused to comment on whether or not Y'shaarj will be seen by the players despite saying the he's Very Very Very Dead) only for the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer to attack because N'Zoth dosen't want one of his rivals brought back in any form(C'thun and Yogg-Saron were rivals to N'Zoth so I don't see why Y'shaarj wouldn't be one). Once the Raiders beat the Twilight's Hammer they will fight Y'shaarj underneath Orgrimmar as the final boss(the first Old God to become a Final Boss)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

It is. Wrathion is purposely pitting Alliance heroes against Horde heroes by promising them trinkets and baubles. Chances are that he'll use us in a way we do not like eventually.

I am more inclined to believe that Wrathion is using the war in order to hone us into weapons for the final war against the Burning Legion. Rather than having us come out weaker from this war, like the Legion surely wants, we will come out stronger and more focused than ever.

We will see, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]